Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Pre-Jam Discussion: Introduce yourself! Sticky

A topic by lysander created Jun 09, 2016 Views: 6,822 Replies: 115
Viewing posts 1 to 93
Jam Host (4 edits) (+3)

Courtesy of @Karythina, thank you and bless your soul.

Hi guys!! It's me, your pal Lys here to start the hype train an entire month early! I thought the forum looked awfully lonely without anything in it, so I decided I'd get things started by booting up a little discussion here.

If you don't already know me, I'm Lysander, your small and anxious co-admin, and I'm a writer with a passion for storytelling through various mediums. One of my absolute favorites is game development, no matter how small or sloppy the project is. I really, REALLY believe everyone should give game development a try because it opens up so many possibilities for seeing your ideas come to life! Outside of that, I'm a 21 year old noncisgendered asian american going to school for web development while also dealing with some moderate anxiety issues. I want everyone to feel welcome here and to not be afraid! I know how intimidating it can be to try something new, so that's why we're all here together!

Now that that's out of the way, please feel free to introduce yourself! Here's a little something to get you started:

1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!

Let's get to know eachother!

Submitted(+3)

1. Hi I'm Karythina. I'm an agender wish-I-was-a-golem-fantasizer who has self-destructive tendencies and severe problems with interpersonal relationships. Great start, now to make a game.

2. I joined the last game jam and made a command-line mini RPG in Python. I'm proud of it because I coded it from scratch and learned as I went. I'm embarrassed by it because it's really really awkwardly coded and kind of lackluster compared to what other people made. I'm not sure what I'll "do better" this time just yet, I'm still debating what and how I'll be doing anything at all.

3. I have been always fascinated and inspired by ANSI and ASCII games. I just love the abstract and yet sorta minimal-ness of simple symbols and colors representing various things. ZZT was one of the earlier games I played on a computer and its level creator blew my little mind away. Nethack and roguelikes are other favorites. BBS games like Legend of the Red Dragon, Dwarf Fortress. For more gameplay inspiration, the Wizardry and Etrian Odyssey series are some of my favorites too, I love a good dungeon crawler.

4. Well, I made that thing in Python, but I wouldn't say I have too much serious game dev experience outside of that. A couple tiny Twine games, some as a joke.

5. I'm very bad at talking about myself so I have a hard time describing my passions. I like numbers and stuff. Artificial beings are pretty cool and so is the whole philosophical aspect of it. I do like philosophy too for whatever that's worth.

(+3)

Hello! I'm Steven. I like to pretend I can draw and I'm really shy. I did join the last game jam and I want to make something that is much simpler so I can actually finish. The first time, I was using Unity to make a 3D game because I felt comfortable with the engine itself but tried making all the art assets myself which was a huge mistake. I'm probably going to use Game Maker this time which I'm far more familiar with. My favorite kind of games are survival horror, particularly Silent Hill and Fatal Frame. Although these are my favorite games, they've actually given me more of an interest in movies. I have experience with Game Maker going back years but I've only made very simple platformers. I'm passionate about animation such as in cartoons and it's something I aspire to as a career.

(2 edits) (+4)

1. Hey, I'm Zalonar/Zal and I don't know how to talk to people...hi!

2. I was in the last game jam and made a three level platformer. This go around I'm gonna try to use unity to prototype a game idea I've had in my head for a few years.

3. Some of my favorite games are LoZ: Wind Waker, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Skullgirls. They definitely inspired me to make games. Particularly MikeZ's streams showing the updates he was putting into Skullgirls made really want to make my own.

4. My main game dev experience comes from making platformers in GameMaker. I mostly just plan out gameplay mechanics in my head and draw character concepts. I'm learning Blender right now for 3d models, so there's that!

5. Mechanics! How things move! art/animation/gameplay! I love seeing how the little parts of something affect everything else in it. I'm a huge fan of Mechanics-As-Metaphor in games, so if I can tell a story in a game with how it plays, I'll be happy!

(+4)

1. Hi! I'm Victor.

2. I was in the previous jam and I made Bipo's Adventure! I finished it with 5 levels during the jam, and after the jam I updated it to make the levels bigger and add more stuff. I'd like to try something different this time since a lot of the platformer engine needs I had were already in Construct 2. I want to challenge myself more this time.

3. Some of my favorite games are Wind Waker, Chibi-Robo, Xenoblade Chronicles, Kirby, Undertale, and Animal Crossing. The closest to inspiration for Bipo's Adventure was Kirby as far as the simple looking character and cute style. Almost any video game I've played has inspired me to make games.

4. While I had fooled around with some game making programs before, the first "my first" jam was... my first game(jam) ever. So my gamedev experience is I did that one jam. I improved the game around a month after the jam ended and I'm pretty pleased with how that went.

5. My passions are rabbits, music, rain, my wife, playing bass, pixel art, any magical or sci fi world, and also Overwatch right now lol.

I'm really excited to finally make a game again! I hit a rough patch so to speak right after the last one ended and never really got back to it. Also excited to see all the cool entries (or even cool stuff that doesn't get finished) during this jam! Good luck everyone! YOU CAN DO THIS!

(+3)

1. Hi, I'm Jp. I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, and I get sad about the death of Paper Mario on various occasions.

2. Yeah I participated in the last jam, was making something for school. Gotta admit I'm not that proud of what I made, not because of the programming but because of the lack of imagination in it. I blame it on my instructor because he wanted it to be an educational game. I know you can still find ways to use imagination on that, but I just didn't feel like putting my creative energy into it. There should be 0 limits to that.

This jam will take place during the summer, when I'll be away from that guy, so this time I'll be trying to make something with much more imagination, and way better gameplay!

3. I love a lot of games, but I gotta say that my favorite game will always be Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. An amazing hybrid of a 3D platformer and an RPG. Nintendo doesn't seem to be inspired by it anymore, so I wanna make a game like it myself! Hopefully I'll be able to accomplish that to some extent this coming summer game jam, and build more on it beyond the jam!

4. Yes, I do have experience with game development. I have a lot of experience with GameMaker (still have a bunch of struggles with it) and a bit of Unity.

5. I'm passionate about making video games and maybe sometime in the future, making YouTube videos! I wanna make games in the future, but at the same time I don't wanna be an artist that's in the background. I don't only want people to be exposed to my art, I want them to be exposed to my personality, too!

So yeah, rock on you guys. Show everyone what you've got this summer. <3

Submitted(+6)

Hi! I'm NNChan, or Queenie. This is my second time participating in My First Game Jam. I'm an illustration graduate who plays too many video games so I'm gonna try to make one! Again!! Recently I joined the art team for Battle Chef Brigade and that's been really exciting.

I learned the ins and outs of Ren'Py last in the last jam when I made Cloud Mage, so now I'm gonna teach myself some other Ren'Py goodness. I'm gonna try to be more organized and make a game I can actually finish in two weeks!

I have so many favourite games, but I'll go ahead and list some games that have stuck with me all this time. There's the Ace Attorney series whose quirky characters and surprising heart always touched me, The Walking Dead Game because I love it when video games make me cry, and Fire Emblem 7 (and the Tellius games) because I loved the characters and how the story wove their backstories together into this warring epic spanning nations and races. Those are just a few.

The only game I've made before is Cloud Mage, a puzzle VN I made in Ren'Py. I did some pretty basic stuff, I used pre-existing code and tweaked it to make a recipe book of sorts, and I learned how to use persistent values and True/False statements to get the outcome I wanted. For this next game, I'm already learning how to use draggables, and maybe someday I will learn how to use lists and arrays effectively. Other things I want to learn for Summer Jam is imagemaps/imagebuttons and I might even try putting in achievements. I'm ready to cut loose and have fun >:3c

I'm passionate about stuff like baking, art, video games, etc etc. I used to pretend I wasn't into cute shit, but, let's be real, I'm REALLY into cute shit.

Hello Queenie! I'm Alex. This is my first jam and it just so happens that I also want to make a game in Ren Py. I've seen the trailer for that cooking game you're working on and I'm really impressed. 2D animation in games is so needed and t looks so good!

I'm currently drafting ideas for a visual novel. Someone's input on someone who already has experience would be great. If you're interested, feel free to ask and in any case, wish you the best of luck in this thing! Cheerio.

Submitted

Hi Alex! I don't work on the animations for Battle Chef (I do 2D art for the items, props, and food ingredients) but I agree, I love 2D animation in games too :>

I'm totally open to chatting. I pop in on the forums and the slack channel every so often, and I'll definitely be around when the jam starts. One of my favourite parts of the last game jam was being able to share feedback as games were being made.

Good luck to you too!

Ah, that sounds really cool. The feedbackpart sounds really important for a project that has to progress fast. Maybe I will check the chatroom, thank you.

Submitted(+3)

You can call me Xian Xian. I'm an Afro-Latina/Chinese American person who writes a lot of stuff, but has dealt with awful writer's block for the past year and a half or the better way to say it, is writing and starting projects but never finishing them. So lately I have turned to Game development. But I know nothing about game development and the most complicated thing I have ever done is Twine and I literally just figured out the If variable or Macro thing.

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?

Yes I have participated in the last jam. What I plan on doing better is not to rush, create something coherent, and feel satisfied with it.

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?

I'm big into story heavy games, I guess I can say. I've always loved RPGs and books, so I can say there's a lot of stuff that inspires me. Twine is probably the greatest thing I have ever discovered bc it combines storytelling with gaming. The last game I've played that freaking knocked the hell out of me due to its coolness is freaking Virtue's Last Reward. Although I will admit the puzzles were annoying.

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?

I've been doing Twine. Playing with CSS, copying and pasting from style sheets provided on Glorious Trainwrecks and modifying them into what I desire. CSS is probably the most nerve wracking part of it.

I'm passionate about literature and creating things. I literally go to sleep thinking about plots because I fear I will forget them.

(+4)

1. Hey I'm Comet or Prince! Im a television who either tries too hard or doesnt try hard enough

2. This is the first game jam I've ever done! I wasnt so sure about joining but then figured that if I did I'd have something to actually work on over the summer and have to actually try to finish a project, even if it was something small

3. Some of my favourite games are Okami, the Zero Escape series, and a lot of tiny little indie projects!! I think that by far the indie games really inspired me the most! I figured that if people can put there stuff out there for others to enjoy, I can at least attempt to do that myself!

4. I have about zero experience with any actual game development, but I've done some Twine stories and fiddled around in Ren'Py and RPGMaker. I have a little bit of coding experience that might be of use though

5. Uhhh I'm pretty okay at drawing! I'm also very much into worldbuilding and character design and I love music! My interests tend to drift a lot but those are ones that always stay

(+5)

I'm Ivory, queer and agender (they/them). I work part-time as a contract writer for a video game company, but also write a ton of fic for various fandoms.

I didn't because I had no time due to a Mandarin immersion program I was in. And I'd really like to be able to make a game of my own from scratch, which has been on my mind a while. This will give me the impetus to actually sit down and do it.

I love way too many games, but some faves are Black Closet, Fallout New Vegas, and the Persona series. However, I'd honestly say that my exposure to a lot of indie projects and games (thanks to my friend Olivia) is what gave me the inspiration to want to make my own.

Beyond fussing around in Twine for some small projects, not really. My job is solely on the writing side, so I don't do any of the dev work.

Putting more explicitly nonbinary characters into video games! I've already done it once, but that's nowhere near enough. Also LGBTQ+ history is a big hobby of mine.

(+4)

Hey there, I'm Arachnibot. I make thing and suck at writing about myself. If you don't know me, I participated in the previous jam, but I didn't finish. I'm thinking that I should fix that this time by planning more and aiming even smaller.

My favorite games include Undertale, Dark Souls, Hyper Light Drifter, Splatoon, Overwatch, Pokemon, OneShot, and a million more.

I don't have any real game dev experience. Well, not unless you count the heaps of half-started prototypes I've made.

If I were to pick a passion, it would be making music. I'm not a fantastic composer, but I'd say it's my greatest skill.

(+4)

Hello~ I'm Meeshster. I'm a black... recent?(if you call two years ago recent) computer game design college grad. My ultimate goal is getting into the game design business, whether that's in indie development doing my own thing or at a company. My ideal plan is... Well, I haven't figure that out, yet. To cut to the chase, I'm generally an unsure lady with terrible confidence in my skills trying my best to find and keep motivation.

I did participate in MFGJ last winter! My only goal was to find some kind of drive and at least begin the creation of something, with hopes to continue it after the end of the jam. While the first part kind of worked... The second did not. I'm actually very unsure what I should do better during this jam or even how. In essence, everything. But being that general usually doesn't get my anywhere. I'm hoping to figure it out while I go!

My reason for joining again, and continuing to join, is that, personally, it kind of 'forces' me so to speak to be creative and just do something. I'm terrible about doing so by myself, always putting excuses in front of me (mental/physical tire from work, distractions at home, current and past frustrations of my work, etc.), and since my main force of school work with a due date is gone, the next best thing is a game jam. Ideally, continuing this trend will eventually slap me into a habit of creating and building my portfolio on my own time for no reason and without feeling like it's an obligation. I /know/ I enjoy drawing and animating, I just got to get to a point where it's a habit again, like it was in school!

And while building good habits is my main goal, I also want to learn to network a bit more; meet my fellow jammers and communicate a little. I went to peoples' devlogs and commented from time to time in the last game jam, but I feel like I can be more social than that. Maybe make a colleague or a friend or two, maybe even find a potential teammate! I feel it's a good quality to have in the line of work I would like to do, and jams can be a great way to work on that.

My interests flip-flop often, and big changes of opinion has hit me lately. A few years ago, for example, Kingdom Hearts and Fire Emblem would be two major favorite series. Still good, just not on my list anymore! All-time favorites are mostly RPGs and otherwise that had plots I love, whether they're silly, ridiculous or a mass favorite. They also tend to have some neat gameplay mechanics to boot. I really enjoy Lost Odyssey (am enjoying-- working on beating it~), the Golden Sun series, Glory of Heracles, and Asura's Wrath.

I'm terrible with inspiration, but I would want to say that these four game series do inspire me somewhat! They give me a 'huh' faction and allow me to think of what I would do differently, whether I liked a direction they took with something, and get me raving and talking about how they make you play their game. They really do make me want to make my own games, or at least go "I'd love to do some fun stuff like that".

I have dev experience mostly through school and last winter's jam. I've messed with Unity and Unreal for my classes as well as Construct, and Stencyl in the last jam. I wouldn't say I'm decent with either of them though, since I don't use them frequently enough to actually remember how to do certain things.

I also 3D model and animate with 3D Studio Max and Maya, and teaching myself a little with Blender! I find those super fun to do when I force myself to make time for it! As of last jam, I've taught myself (pseudo?) 2D pixels and animation as well. Also fun~

I really like character and world-building, and animation. Those are the 2 things that I find most fascinating in any show, movie or game. Eventually, I would like to make a living doing either of those things (animation being the go-to for a few years. But now, I'm unsure...)!

(+3)

My name is Yuceer. I am a software engineer and currently studying illustration and animation. I want to work in an indie game company since I would like to perform flexible roles during projects. I like experimenting and searching for new things. I don't like to spend my time doing the same things over and over again.

Unfortunately, I didn't participate in a jam activity before, since I was busy with life and my university projects.

But, I wanted to make computer games since I got my first computer (a PC) in 1990. The very first games that I played with joy are Packman and Alley Cat. Unfortunately, I didn't fully commit to making a game, since I was an introvert child and hadn't friends to work together to make games. When I was growing up, I concerned about earning money, and computer games were not known for making money in those times. After a long time, I realised that I was wrong about it, and should do what I like to do as a profession.

Mostly, I like RPG games (such as Torchlight), and car racing games (such as Need for Speed series). I also like FPS games with branching consequences upon players decisions (such as Deus Ex series), and turn-based strategy games (such as UFO Enemy Unknown). The component that attracts me most is characters gaining skills and customising the character in both visuals and properties according to my style of playing.

For making games, many times, I got some inspirations, but I didn't put enough effort into them and left too early. Since this minute, I put my word on that I will push it to the end!

I haven't completed making a computer game before, but I have some experience in Unity. I believe that I can make decent stories, characters designs, environment designs, object designs. I can also turn 2d designs into 3d models, rig them and animate them. My favorite tools are my pencil, my Wacom tablet, and Blender, but also I have some experience using Maya and 3ds Max. Additionally, I can say that I am good at using Photoshop and Illustrator, and I can make algorithms and scripts both in JavaScript and C#. But, I prefer working on art more that programming.

I am excited about experimenting, researching, and combining things to create new things: writing stories, making fictional characters and worlds.

I like being excited in the creative flow, working in an incredible synergy, and never care about anything during that period. To me, that's the total freedom! That's the real living life! My bliss is having people around me understands what I just said!

Submitted(+4)

I'm Hayley / Aprilcot and I'm a freshman in college for visual arts.

I was in the last one! I'm going to try a different engine and do a different genre of game! I might even try making my own music, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it, haha

I really love Legend of Mana! It made me want to be a better person and was such a wonderful escape from my home life. I want others to experience the same feeling. Colorful games are really good, or unconventional mechanics like Chrono Trigger, Ghost Trick.

I made a dating sim(?) with renpy last time. I barely finished it, but it was a blast. I also picked up html/ css from editing a website and I use that in my twines.

I love frogs! Also "How It's Made" videos.

(+5)

Hiya! I'm Fenfel and I'm a 22 years old guy who is in their last year of University if all goes well.

Yep, participated in the last jam and didn't complete what I wanted to do but got something done! I plan to actually make something short and finish it this time and learn more stuff.

Let's see... Mario Bros 3, Startropics 2, Megaman X, Nuclear Throne, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Hyper Light Drifter, and I can't really think of much more that I really really love over the rest. I'm not sure how much they have inspired me, if they have at all, but I want to make a simple platformer game that it's just a nice time!

My only experience is what I did in the previous jam in gamemaker. I just made a basic platformer with some animations and stuff like being able to hit enemies.

I really like drawing! Even though it is just a hobby of mine. I also really like nice cute stuff. Aside from that I enjoy watching a few videogame streams every now and then.

Submitted(+3)

Dang, already did that on the last thread but, hey ho, I'm Greg. I am an honours graduate in Games Design and Production Management.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this jam and, suffice it to say, I need more work on my portfolio so I have a better chance at actually getting a job as a games designer.

3. What games are your favourites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the first game I ever played, it taught me the power of "game feel". Skullgirls Encore taught me the nuance of a genre I once found derivative and inspired me to actually prove that fighting games can be welcoming to newcomers (Hell, I wrote a whole dissertation on it!)!

Primarily fiddled with Game Maker: Studio as a hobby but proper development is sadly very lacking, hence my presence here.

Fighting games! Single Player experiences! Clever Tutorials! Game Mechanics! Throwing Myself Physically into a Presentation of My Work! Documentation! Studying Game Design!

Submitted(+4)

Hey everyone. I'm Cam. I'm a designer, artist and animator. I'm also teaching myself to program (I'm a numpty).

I've been planning to do a Game Jam for some time but never had the guts to do it. I've never felt ready, I know I'll just let myself down and be disappointed with myself at the end of it. I decided it's time to jump in, ready or not.

When I was very young I'd go around saying I wanted to work at Nintendo. What I didn't realise was that I wanted to make games in general, Nintendo was just the standard I aspired to. So obviously a lot of what Nintendo have done over the years has inspired me. I enjoy plenty of obscure games, although typically they're from smaller dev teams (just seem to have more soul).

I have never made a game before, but I've done many tutorial series/courses on Unity in C#. I have very little confidence in my programming ability but I hoping this will accelerate things and give me confidence to keep doing Game Jams.

I've worked at a small but successful software company where I was in a very hands on role with UX and UI design. I've also worked as an animator on a TV show and a designer in a branding agency. I (for better or worse) set a very high bar for myself and others.

What I want most out of a career is to be able to entertain people through my work .I'd be happy to only have to work part time in a "everyday" job because my video games are supporting me.

Good luck, everyone!

(+3)

Hi, I'm Zen! I'm an Economic fresh grad, did some illustration and 3D models as hobby and now switching to programming. Really bad at writing plots and looks confused most of the times.

This is my first game jam ever so I'm totally excited! Joining for the sake of experience and to actually complete a game project.

Mostly RPG and puzzles games such as Zero Escape Series, Undertale, Journey, Monument Valley, Final Fantasy VII, Tales Of series and more!

Made a VN using Ren'Py few years ago and breakout-pong game clone with javascript recently. Also, a little bit experience in RPGMaker and Unity. Art-wise, photoshop and blender are my best friends.

Learning new stuff especially in design and technology. I think I'm gearing towards anything related to interactive media

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

Mmm hi, I'm Zack. Not really. I study literature and I'm pretty awkward and quiet :D

Nope. I want to try something new... and it felt like it was now or never.

It all started with OFF... then starbot... and i kept looking for games like those. They totally inspired me but I want to make my own.

None, I´m a blank sheet.

I enjoy reading and making up stories in my head... i guess that's all.

(I'm not a child, i swear)

Submitted(+3)

Hello! You can call me Savi! I'm in my first year studying Information Systems. English is not my native language so I apologize for any grammar mistakes.

I love drawing, playing music and programming so I thought making games was the perfect way to combine all those things. Since I'm learning C# in college, I chose to make games with Unity. I also tried GameMaker but I end up using Unity anyway…

I've been inspired by many games (Papers,Please, Undertale, Pokemon, Bioshock, Professor Layton, Cave story, Phoenix Wright, OFF, Super Chroma Squad, No-one has to die, and basically all Daniel Linssen's games) and I wanted to make a simple game where I could use everything I learned from those games about game design and telling stories so, last year, I began making very basic platformers using Unity. I found out about this jam through Louie Zong but it had already ended so I waited until summer to join and now I'm here! I haven't decided yet but I'm considering making a team for this jam! Up until now I've been using Unity, Photoshop (pixel art) and Famitracker. I also tried to drag a friend to join the jam but he doesnt know if he will be able to...

So I guess that's it. I hope to meet many people and have a great time making games.

(2 edits) (+2)

So, introductions are in order now, aren't they? Hello. My name is Alex. I'm 21. Ever since I was young I've had a great passion for cartoons and games, which have inspired me to draw characters, write, and also designing games.

I have experience starting a few games that I'd like to use to finally finish a game. For this jam, I'd like to make it a visual novel. I believe it is a genre with much untapped potential and can be a lot of fun to interact with the player through a story.

I am an excellent writer who's made a lot of research on the subject and practice on different mediums. I've also been told I'm very good at organizing things and character design. I'm OK at drawing, but well. As for programming, I have some practice with RPG Maker and I'm currently learning Ren 'Py.

Also, uh, I really like Metroid, Pokémon, many RPG Maker games like OFF (I think it's genius) and Don't Starve. It's really rad.

For anything, contact me at detectiu.alex@gmail.com. I'd love for anybody to work on my team. See ya!

(3 edits) (+5)

Heyo! I'm Della! I'm 22, and a visual development artist. :D

This will be my first game jam ever! I only very recently found out that people made small games in jam sessions about two years ago through IndieCade. First time I knew about indie games through them actually. It's really cool to see what people can make in such a small amount of time and I wanted to be a part of that :D

I hope to make friends and connections with this jam :)

I love games with a twist in gameplay, and/or ones that have a really nice message and feeling. Some of my favorite games are The Beginner's Guide, Journey, Undertale, Monument Valley, and it's not out yet but I did play it and loved it, Pavilion and Abzu. I also like Skyrim haha too many hours on that.

Again it was IndieCade that really inspired me to be very interested in being a part of this. For some reason I thought that there was an unspoken rule to make big games like triple A companies so when I saw games that were smaller it blew my mind!

For my senior thesis I made a game with two friends with Construct 2. It was very challenging since it was really just a small kind of demo to show off the animation and the "what ifs" of it. I did the background art, level design, and put it in Construct 2. I don't have any experience in programming, and I'm more interested in designing the art for the game, but it was a cool experience and I enjoyed working in a team!
Some art and concepts of the game, Empty that I made with my friends can be found on my portfolio: http://dellafolio.blogspot.com/

I enjoy cartoons, beautiful stories, walking in parks/hiking, and feeding my dad's pigeons. I also like watching How to videos and stop motion films.

If anyone wants to connect on early and talk, or maybe you have some game recommendations lets talk :D

I'm on Twitter, , but if you also have a Discord hit me up I'm @Dellacioso #7411

Edit: and you dont have either you can email me at dellacioso@gmail.com :)

Host(+1)

aaaa i loved abzu! i can't wait for it to be released. also yoo your art is really incredible! i can't wait to see what you make!

(+1)

thanks j!! ✧٩(ˊωˋ*)و✧

Submitted(+6)

Hello, I'm Adrian and I'm pretty excited to be doing a game jam as it's my first! I'm anxious to see what I'll be able to come up with and I hope to see what others are able to make as well. If you don't know me, I'm a shy teen with a passion for art of all mediums (especially music and video games). My tastes are pretty all over the place in terms of music genres (hiphop/rap, electronic, jazz, metal) and I like wayyy to many different kinds of games (Binding of Isaac, Pokemon, Earthbound, Dark Souls, Xenoblade X, etc. etc.). I love meeting new people and making friends, although I'm kind of an introvert, and I hope to meet other artists and developers throughout the jam!

I've been using Gamemaker to design some very small platformers for almost a year now and have been working with FL Studio for over two years making electronic music.I have a decent grip on GML (Gamemaker language) and I'm hoping to make something cool using the engine. At my highschool we got to work on making a game for one of the final grades and I developed a little stealth platform game in Gamemaker with a couple of my friends and in the process I had a lot of fun, even though i did most of the work lol. At the moment I am working on a open-world action platformer game:

Overall I'm can't wait to participate in the jam!

(4 edits) (+3)

Looking for a team!

What's up! My name's Elaine, and I'm a 21 y/o recently graduated concept artist. I currently specialize in stylized environments but would like to create a game of my own some day.

I have not, this will be my first time :)
As a concept artist, my job is to create images but I've grown unsatisfied with just painting. Now I want to do even more and take it to the next level of playable pictures. I've started a personal project called Nascent (it's still in its baby stages) but I'd like to use it as a base for learning game dev and eventually make it into a game in the future.

My college was quite small so I also want to make new friends that also enjoy suffering for the love of expressing art :3c

I look up to games that make you feel nice but also awful, all in the lesson of learning, self-reflecting or just feeling something.
Some favorites are Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, Monument Valley, the Beginner's Guide, and Ori and the Blind Forest and Viridi. They all inspire me to tell a story than anyone can relate to, because we all feel loneliness, guilt and frustration but also hope and happiness.

I also volunteer at IndieCade and it's inspiring to hear the stories of the devs on how their small ideas and stories became a reality. Some of my favorites from them so far has been Mare, Hyper Light Drifter, Overland and Linelight.

I have absolutely no experience with gamedev engines :D ! But that's why I'm here :)

I love nature baths, plein-air painting, listening to music and watching films (and behind the scene stuff). Non-artistically, I like riding my motorbike, watching my orchid mantis eat, collecting plants during travels and challenging myself with spicy food.

Hit me up on Twitter! :D

Host(+1)

elaine your paints are so gorgeous!! i'm crying at nascent i can't wait to see what kind of game you make ;;o;; !!

(+1)

Yaa thanks, J!! I'm excited heh and thanks for hosting this game jam :D

Submitted

your portfolio is absolutely STUNNING and nascent looks amazing *O* i'm so excited to see more of your work!! being willing to go hard and suffer for the art that you love (and for spicy food lol) is something i totally understand. also, ohhh mannn shadow of the colossus is seriously one of the greatest games i have ever played. i have endless love for sotc.

Ah, thank you!! Super excited for The Last Guardian:D

Submitted

YESSS, i low key wept when it was announced for real at e3. tlg is finally happening!!! ;u;

(2 edits) (+3)

Hi, I'm Jay. I am 23. They/them. I like mythology, pastries, and fat birds. When I was very young I was convinced I would grow up to be either an Egyptologist or a unicorn, couldn't quite make up my mind.

I did not participate in the last jam. I kinda eyed it but was busy with work at the time. I recently moved and am jobless for now. Returning to college in the fall. So I have room to give this a shot.

I really like the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Time, Kindom Hearts 2, Star Control II, Gone Home, Kentucky Route Zero, and Oxenfree. That said some of the games that have most inspired me were Off and Pom Gets Wifi. But I really only became determined to make my own game from some stuff said by people I follow on twitter.

Not really. I have done writing before (and NaNoWriMo) and I have made up little texting adventures on the fly with my friends, but nothing really qualifying as a full game.

I mean, video games? Also theatre, cryptology, and uhh history in general I guess. I like learning new things, which I pursue really sporadically and with a lot of topic hopping.So I am kinda hoping that doing a jam like this will help me stay focused and see something through to completion

(1 edit) (+5)
I'm here to advise and maybe jam outside my comfort zone.

Hi. Tyler Tomaseski. Yes.

I dev w/ PolyKnight Games and am a member of the Dallas Society of Play (DSoP). Your wonderful organizers dropped by and asked to help out some newbies if we had time. I'm pretty fresh myself, but I've cut my teeth on jams a fair amount by now. Also, I'm a Unity3d/2d guy.

Here to help, maybe make something.

No I didn't. Here to help out some newbies. I might pump out a small jam, maybe try my hand at some programmer art.

This question requires an essay format. Any every game I played as a kid, even the ones that were bad looking back. I generally treat games as an art-form instead of entertainment, so I'd reference the game that made me view games as pieces of art: Sonic '06... and Planescape, Ico, Yume Nikki, SotC, Metal Slug, TLoZ:MM, Etc. This list is too long.

Programmer & Director @ PolyKnight Games. I work in Unity3d and normally make 3D games, but if I make a jam-game by myself it'll very likely be 2D. My real passion is level-design, but I happen to also be good at programming. Programming is in higher demand, so I do that.

10-Days of Dreaming (Jam)

Monster Truck (Jam)

FurBall (Jam)

WhiteWall (Jam)

InnerSpace

Dark Souls and GameDev. I won't spiel too much. I'm nice, looking forward to helping out some new gamedevs. You'll most easily find me on Twitter or in the Slack Channel.

Jam Host(+1)

it's me from DSoP! haha, i told my boyfriend about innerspace and the first thing he said was "they probably like dark souls"... i'm guessing from the implicit storytelling method? i could be wrong since i haven't played myself, but i can always appreciate implicit story telling!

Yeah, the way we're trying to handle storytelling is very dark souls-y... And I'm super obsessed with the game.

You're coming back to DSoP right?

Submitted (5 edits) (+3)

1. I'm Leaf. :) 26, married, and a recent graduate with a degree in New Media Arts.

2. Nope, didn't participate last year, just now heard about this. I was already planning on making something this summer, seems like really great timing to do it in a game jam.

3. Final Fantasy XI inspired me beyond words. The immersive experience taught me to cherrish even the most basic interactions with people, and helped me cultivate an appreciation for my surroundings and experiences.

4. Very little. I've honestly never worked with an engine. I plan on coding something webased using Javascript/Coffeescript. I might develop the UI with Angular JS.

5. I'm an illustrator,I love art. My technical skills are also all pretty much web-based.

**EDIT 1/11/2021 This was written by my former self. I've since transitioned and my name is Clover. I removed their dead name and replaced it with what I refer to my past self as now. 

(+1)

Awesome to see another FFXI player! Good luck in the jam~

Submitted

Thanks a bunch! Same to you! :D Got big plans for your game?

Thank you! Eeeeh, kind of? My only hopes is to get the main idea down!

Submitted(+2)

I'm Niki Fakhoori, a 2015 SCAD graduate. I hold a BFA in Sequential Art with minors in both Concept Art for Games and Interactive Design/Game Development.

I just found out about this jam, and I think it would be a great opportunity to motivate me to get a short project done for practice and portfolio-building.

I have way too many favorites to list. My overall favorite genre is RPG, but I also love visual novels. Most of my favorite games incorporate lots of character interaction and world-building, and a few are notoriously difficult. They also feature mechanics that are simple to grasp but are just complex enough to feel unique and interesting. I also love games with a good sense of humor. These are the kinds of aspects I hope to incorporate into my own games.

My experience working on games is mostly limited to asset creation (2D and 3D), design documentation, and scripting. I have basic knowledge of programming languages that I hope I can improve during the course of this jam.

I love drawing and telling stories. I also love making people laugh.

Submitted(+6)

I'm Summer/Veo, owner of dragonGlitch Games LLC. I'm also one of the many folks from DSoP, Dallas Society of Play.

I'm 29 and female - my dayjob I am a software developer for IBM. My nightjob is working on video games. :)

First time doing this jam, however, I am a game jam vet (11 game james completed, other side projects), and my main goal is help others through the game jam process. Please ask me questions and advice. :)

My other reason is to learn Shader Forge for my main project, Mercenary Leto. So my game this time will be small in scope with plenty of room to focus on the new technology.

My favorite game is Exile II : Crystal Souls.

Others - Super Maro RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Silent Hill 2, Undertale

I use Unity 2D, with Photoshop CC for sprites, and Graphics Gale for animating them. I occasionally use PaintTool SAI for sketch work.

I've made games in Php, Java, and ImpactJS, as well.

Reading, drawing, creating. Helping others in video games. Making my friends laugh. Cooking and cleaning for my boyfriend, whom I dearly love. :3

6. BONUS - Tips from a Game Jam Vet

After the 7th or 8th game jam I've done, I've come up with a schedule that helps me with manages scope - do this in order -

• 1/3 of the time for the jam - game is mechanically complete - ie, if it's Mario, you can jump on enemies and move and hit blocks. One screen prototype. Can be ugly, that's not the point of this step. The point is if your game loop is fun and short enough for you to build on it.
  • 1/3 of the time - game is feature complete - ie, if Mario, you have all the levels and enemies and bosses you want. You can play the game from start to finish. Again, it still doesn't have to be pretty. Give to your friends to playtest at this point to find bugs.
  • 1/3 of the time - make the game pretty - this is your time to polish, balance, and tweak anything that needs to be done.
It's loose, but every time I never did this it bit me in the ass later. I'd have incomplete areas, rushed AI, and bugs. Hopefully it helps you too!

* Don't have choice paralysis. Pick a game idea, pick an engine, and go. Finish it. Just do it. Even if it turns out terrible and you hate it.

* Ask for help.

* And above all, some of this advice may not work for you. Point is, all of us vets have different answers to your questions. We are all opinionated people, after all. But I would think all of us would say "just do it!" and couldn't be more proud. :)

Host(+1)

aaa thank you for dropping some sound advice! i definitely could use these words myself. we're excited you can lend experience and advice to jammers!

(+2)

1. Hey, guys! My name's Justin. I'm 15 but everyone thinks I'm 19. I'm a graphic designer and I like to draw and animate stuff!
2. This is my first game jam and I'm super hyped! I joined because I heard about a g-jam pretty recently and it sounded interesting. My friends and I have been designing video games nonchalantly for the past year so I thought it would be cool to test our abilities and meet some cool people.
3. My favorite games are Shovel Knight, Mega Man 2, and Legend of the Fuji Apple looks really cool. Shovel Knight definitely was the thing that started me on developing games, it's a huge inspiration.
4. I have a handful of game development experience. In our team I was the graphic designer and did some level design. Our programmer uses game maker. We're pretty casual.
5. I'm all about drawing and animating, dude! It's pretty farout!

(+2)

1. I'm Autumn! I'm a 17 year old girl and I love to start projects. trying to get better at finishing them, and a deadline is a good way to do that!!

2. I did not participate in the last one (I didn't even know about it). a few people I follow on twitter are participating this time and it sounds fun!

3. my absolute favorite video game is pokemon mystery dungeon explorers (lmao). I also love persona 3 and bravely default.

4. I have no game dev experience! I drew character art for a friend's game last year (unrelated to a jam) but it never saw the light of day...

5. I'm very passionate about storytelling and this'll be a good medium for the one I have in mind!!

Host

yessss lys and i are so excited to see storytelling focused games!! we can't wait to see what you make!

(1 edit) (+3)

1) Ahhh hey, I'm Tony! I'm a 21 year old college senior studying Digital Arts, focusing on Audio Recording and Production. I'm here looking to join a team to provide soundtracking and SFX!

2) I did not do the last jam, nor any game jam before, so I'm a totally new scared little baby. I'm joining because I really want to collaborate with passionate people and put my composing-in-a-time-limit skills to the test!

3) Jak 3 is my favorite game of all time, and I adore all sandbox/open world games. However, the games that inspire me most are things like Covetous and Loved, little flash games that have an insane amount of powerful storytelling bottled up, like holy crap

4) I have a little experience composing songs and SFX for a friend's game, but I'd like to be much more involved with the game's development and get a strong understanding of the attitude of the game. I have no game development experience, but I love stories and character quirks and such, and can help with writing!

5) I an extremely involved in the Magic: The Gathering community and adore the game to death. My favorite thing to do in the world is go on stage and perform improv comedy with my team at school every week. Also Iron Giant was such a good movie. Like, it's reeeeeallly good.

6) No seriously, do you want to watch Iron Giant? Right now?

7) That's cool, that's cool.

8) You sure?

(+3)

1. Heya! I'm Ethan. I like puns a lot, and consider myself decent at writing and quick wit.

2. Didn't participate in the last one. One of my friends tipped me off to this jam's existence, so I decided to join to try a new genre.

3. Oooh, I like all sorts of games. Really, it would be easier to tell you the ones I don't like: Fighting, racing, trading card games. Also, any game that doesn't have any sort of end goal beyond beating your own score, a la Crossy Road. I want some form of direction in my games. I wanted to make games for a long time, but never got around to learning anything until the past year or so.

4. I have, like I said before, about a year of experience. I have 6 games out on my team's website (http://www.topbunkstudios.blogspot.com/), but I only had a hand in 4.

5. I just want to make games that people will hopefully enjoy. I want to improve the world a little bit with my games. I want somebody to point to one of my games and say: "That, that right there, brightened up my day a little bit."

Good luck to you all!

(+2)

Happy to know more and more people like you want to make games that will make change someone's life maybe just a little bit. It's nice to make people feel.

Submitted(+2)

1. I'm Valerie! I'm a beginning game developer and founder of Astral Flux LLC.

2. I didn't participate in the last jam because I was busy with other games! I'm joining this one because it sounds really fun, and also because I want to learn how to use Unity better.

3. Oh man, I have so many favorite games… I generally love RPGs, and games with really colorful, fun-to-explore worlds. Some of my favorite games are Mother 3, TLoZ: Wind Waker, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Spelunky, and Super Mario World. There are a ton of games that have inspired me… too many to list here!

4. I took an awesome class for game development, and I've made a couple of small games with XNA and GameMaker. This'll be my first game made with Unity, though.

5. I really love video games, obviously, and especially making them. Comics and astronomy are really cool too!

(+2)

Hey! I'm Ashanti. I'm 19, a comic artist and illustrator, and way excited to be participating in this jam.

I didn't hear about the first jam until it was over! Making games is something I've always wanted to do, and this seems like a really great environment for getting started with it.

I've always loved games, but some (old and new) favorites are Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Cave Story, the older Fire Emblem games, and Hatoful Boyfriend haha....I've got tons of games I enjoy, though. What I take away from all of my favorite games is a good time and a real sense of the love and care put into them by the people who made them, and I want to create a similar feeling in what I do!

None. I have plenty of experience with the visual art side of things, and a little experience with a couple programming languages. I'll be using RenPy for this one.

Storytelling! Big time. I think it's one of the most important things we can do as humans. I'd like to tell powerful stories through various mediums, including games.

Host(+1)

your passion for storytelling has me really excited to see what you'll create!! this is how both lys and i feel about games ahah

(+2)

Hello, I'm thatguynm I work full time and make games in my spare time.

I wasn't part of the last jam, but I like the idea of trying something new and helping people out with their first game jam game. I'm not quite sure what I will do; either create something in Unity or try my hand at hand-drawn animation for games.

I love games and could probably find something worthwhile in most games. I like games that let players build something that is their own, whether that's a character, item, story or experience. I love games that tell an interesting story. Some of my favorites are Deus Ex, To The Moon, Saints Row 2-4, Antichamber, LOZ: A Link To The Past, Silent Hill, Flashback, Trap Gunner, Portal, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Way of The Samurai...

I have some experience with game development and game jams, in fact most of my games are from game jams. I use Gamemaker Studio for the most part, but I've been messing with Unity a bit as well. I also made some games in Twine. My work includes:

Mystery House (jam)

Ocean Drive (jam)

Water

Beetles Want The Book (jam)

Hostile Interview

Definitely passionate about making something interesting/different and storytelling. I'm not the best at either, but it's what drives me to keep making games.

(+2)

I go by Bobby when i'm not behind a digital avatar - also Mozz and ModernModron

so i'd fall under the catagory of "semi-experienced developer" however, I have never actually done a Twine game, despite adoring the format, so I wanted to use this as an opportunity to write something for once, as well as be a resource for the community :)

I adore adventure games, the old point-and-click as well as hybrid games that take inspiration from them. Just finished Dreamfall Chapters and im pretty hyped to doing story

I've used various engines, gamemaker, pico-8, puzzlescript and I usually go for games about exploration or weird games that are mostly static!

I really love the element of suprise you get from jam games, what people are able to pull off, the sheer creativity - I love it.

Host

uggh man same i really love old point and clicks--my current project is a point and click and i've been having a lot of fun looking at different adventure games. if you haven't already you should definitely check out the games from our winter jam--there are a lot of really incredible entries!

(+3)

Hej!

I'm Kuroe, 24, still trying out to figure out life I guess. Socially awkward, but doesn't show much on the interwebs.

I've never participated in a jam before, nor made a single game. But I want to! That's why I'm here. So yeah, I'm very much a newbie in everything. Also I don't even remember how I heard about this jam.

As I don't have any xp I was actually wondering what engine to use. Is Unity or Unreal Engine doable for a newbie? (Also I have a mac)

I tend to be all over the place when doing something because I wanna try every damn thing. So my main goal here is to actually manage to make a game, even if it sucks. I tried to learn C++ but got bored because boring examples & exercises. I need more concrete stuff. I just finished a small class in digital painting, focused on concept art I think? (I'm not even sure anymore because really we covered the basics under a few months; it was just a short distance class with a Swedish university) I also took a small creative writing class a couple of years ago (apparently I'm good at poetry even though I don't like it). That's for the loosely related to video-game stuff.

My favourite games are Portal and Dishonored. But Portal is really on top of the list forever and ever. But I don't want to make a puzzle-like game. I don't really know what time of game I'd like to do. I guess I'll adapt it to the story that comes to mind.

Otherwise I'm not really passionate about anything. I just like stuff a lot in periods. The recurrent things are video games, comics, fantasy and legos. I love to do things with my own hands. Actually I learn way faster and better when I get to DO stuff on my own, rather than just eating theory. So yeah. I have the attention span of Dory, so I usually never finish anything (unless I really want to AND I have deadlines set by others :x ).

I really look forward to start this and maybe make friends? Who knows :D

Host (1 edit)

hi! both unity and unreal engine take a little time to learn but they are both definitely something you can learn through video tutorials! i would recommend one or the other based on your game's needs and your own experience with either c++ or c#.

unreal also a visual scripting system that is very accessible! i really enjoy it because i'm a pretty visual person even though i have coding experience. if you have c++ experience already you could definitely continue with unreal. i think that engine is actually easier to pick up because of blueprinting (visual scripting) and the incredible amount of tutorials online. if you are considering a project that will use more pbr materials or lighting, unreal is a good choice because it has lots of built-in realistic lighting and materials. it has game templates for fps, third person, and driving games that make it actually very easy to start building your game. in fact, i build most of my unreal games using these starter templates.

unity is also very accessible and has an incredible number of community-made tools that can assist your project. i have some c# experience and it wasn't hard at all to pick it up. like unreal, it also has packages that can get you started pretty easily, and a vast number of plugins, resources, and online help. if you're not really concerned about creating a hyper realistic game, it's a graphically lighter option. it has less packaged in the main engine and lots of tools/packages online that you can add as you need.

i don't use a mac so i can't speak to how well these engines perform on one but i have a guess that unreal may be a bit graphically heavy for a mac? unity might be a more accessible option. i'd ping someone more experienced here or do a little googling.

Submitted
Deleted 2 years ago
Submitted(+3)

Hey, beautiful people! My name is Julienne but I prefer to be called Jules ;) I'm Filipino, about to start college this fall, and planning on majoring in Performing Arts.

I did not participate in the last jam that was held, BUT my reason for joining now would be that I want to make great memories and have a wonderful experience working with people who have never made a game, too. I'm currently working on 3(?) projects right now, but being the stupid, ambitious person that I am I decided "Why not go insane and add a 4th project???" I know, I'm a genius.

I have a ton of favorite games, all of them either visual novels, otoges, or dating sims. Some would be Amnesia, Nameless, Seduce Me 1 and 2, Always Remember Me, Roommates, OZMAFIA, and a bunch of others I can't think of at the moment. So, yeah, I really like playing romance games. I love it. It's an addiction.

I can't say that I have. I've played around with Ren'Py, which is what I'm currently using for the visual novel projects I have lined up. But other than that, nope. No experience, whatsoever. Total noob.

I'm passionate about meeting new people, gaining new knowledge, having memorable experiences, and food! I really, really, really, am so passionate about food. I love eating it. I hate making it. I also love movies, reading, writing, the usual stuff. Nothing too special with this topic, so. Oooh, no, I also love people. Especially passionate, and exciting people. They're my absolute favorites. OH AND tsundere type characters? You know, the dark, brooding, and mysterious bad boy? Yes. That is my passion. okillshutupnow.

But yeah! I hope to have a fun time participating in this game jam! Good luck to everyone, and I hope you all succeed.

(+1)

1. Hello! I'm Li, though I use the online moniker Altedi. I'm a recent college grad starting a career in graphic design who's also looking to dip their hands into web design and game development. Preferred pronouns are they/them/theirs.

2. Nope, didn't participate. I didn't know about it. I've always wanted to try and make my own game, though.

3. I'm a lifelong fan of the Pokemon games; I watched the anime when it first aired in the US, and five years later finally convinced my mom to let me get a GBA and Sapphire. Aside from that, I'm rather fond of The World Ends with You and Undertale, as well as the Zero Escape series. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories really made an impression on me as a kid, and I do enjoy Bravely Default (repetition aside).

4. A little! I went to a week-long game development bootcamp seven years ago haha. We used Unity.

5. I really enjoy art and graphic design, and am constantly looking for ways to improve. I'm also rather fond of reading fantasy/scifi novels.

(+1)

hello! my name is link, i'm an agender teen whos almost 15 years old. i make fanmusic for shit on fl studio and i personally believe i'm gettin pretty good at it. also i draw things as well.

im afraid i havent. i saw this post on tumblr giving out information about it and i decided i wanted to join it! uvu

man i love animal crossing, megaman, pokemon and undertale plus a million other games i cant remember atm. undertale has inspired me to want to make my own game due to how emotional things can get even if its a 'cartoony' type of game.

i attempted to work with rpg maker before, but i found it was a lot of effort that i simply didn't have to program everything lmao
im hoping through this ill be able to code more and do more with video game making

i love making music and drawing, and hopefully one day i can create something that many people can relate to and love. thaaats all i got. i hope i have fun making this n i hope i learn some new things thru this!! :D

Deleted 240 days ago

Hello MrTandBiscuits. Glad to see another fellow writer on board. Might I recommend you to out a contact address or join the team's Discord? https://discord.gg/0kgAxGp8kKkmhvW8 Everyone is pretty much there. Good luck in the jam!

Deleted 240 days ago
(1 edit) (+1)

Heyo, I'm icecream. I'm not great with words.

I found out about this jam a couple of weeks ago, so no. I want to try my hand at making (and finishing) a game.

Both Jet Set Radios, Okami, Journey, Harvest Moon... mostly stylized kinds of games that aren't so heavily centered around combat, the exception being Monster Hunter. And Wild Arms 2, one of my favorite story experiences to date.

No real experience, just some playing around in RPG Maker and Unity learning some of their mechanics.

I suppose I'm an overall art enthusiast since my own skills are mediocre at best. I always love looking at concept work and pop art. Also I love food and new recipes. It's not uncommon for someone to find me making pancakes at 1 AM.

Submitted(+1)

Hello! I go by Blu or Vamp, it's nice to meet you all! I am a soon-to-be junior and I'm aiming for a degree in Game Design and/or Game Art!

I could not participate in the last game jam due to being busy with school work. I feel that this will help hone my programming abilities and get a jump start on my field of study!

My personal favorite games are in the RPG or Simulation genres, but any games that focus more into story and the cast of characters with a hint of comedy always draw me in! A few examples are Disgaea, Harvest Moon, Fire Emblem, A few Tales of series, Blazblue, Ni no Kuni and so forth!

I've played around with RPGMaker VX, VXAce and MV as well as a little bit of Game Maker. I used these engines mostly to get a feel of basic programming understanding and creating certain events to occur.

I'm really passionate about creating stories and different worlds for them! I've always wanted to make something that I can share with others to make them happy!
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Whats up guys and girls? My name is Andrew Lillie. I'm studying infromatics and game design at Indiana University and recently finished up my first year.

I wasn't in the last game jam but i'm joining this one because I finally feel like i've learned enough about game development to put something out into the world.

I like a lot of games but some that are especially important to me are Megaman, Street Fighter, Psychonaughts, Pokemon and Team fortress 2. The game i'm working on for this jam is a Megaman inspired platformer. Since the flop imo that was Mighty No.9 I guess I want to take a crack at improving the megaman formula. My goal is to have a playable level and maybe even a boss fight ready by the time the jam ends.

I've dabbled in just about every engine but the two ive spent the most time with are gamemaker and unity. As far as what ive done not a whole lot besides a bunch of prototypes that have never seen the light of day. I also enjoy making pixel art and have been making alot of improvements as of late but I still suck at animating.

Well besides games the next thingI'd say i'm into is music. This whole summer has been planned around going to different shows and festivals all over the midwest. Some of my favorite bands are STRFKR, Tycho, Modern baseball, Cherub, The Front Bottoms, Run the Jewles, The Wonder Years, and Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra. Me and my real close group of friends all explore music together and are always looking for new stuff to listen to. If anybody here ever wants to share or talk about music i'm always down!

(+1)

Hello everyone! You can call me Robusken or Jovany. I'm a 22 year old college student who just switched from graphic design to computer science. I'm real eager to give this all a shot and hopefully meet some people.

sadly I didn't join it last time, didn't know about it. I think at the time I probably would have been too intimidated to try it honestly. Now that I've dabbled a little bit with programming, I want to give it a shot.

I try to play a bit of everything but some that stick out are games like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Persona, Transistor, TWEWY, and recently I've been really into Overwatch. These have all inspired me personally on some level but its the story telling of games like Transistor that push me to want to try and make a game of my own.

I'd say I have absolutely none. I'm still at the start of my CS degree so the programming I have been doing has been on this completely original but basic program made by my University. Other then that, I've messed around with HTML and Java on my own time and I hope I can pick up another engine somewhat quickly.

I'm really into story telling and writing. I haven't been writing as much lately but I'm trying to write a little bit every day. Besides that I enjoy running and boxing a lot. Trying to train both body and mind during this summer.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello! I'm Connor, an 18 year old game-designer wannabe. I've got a lot of ambition, some (hopefully) interesting ideas, and just enough sarcasm to get by. Heading off to college for Game Design in August.

Having missed the first Jam, I was wanting to participate in this one simply because I love games, and making games. I'm a fresh-out-of-high-school graduate with nothing to do for the summer, and I had a group of friends who I wanted to make a game with. So, here it goes.

Listing my favorite games is nearly impossible, as what I own and what I've played are both incredibly large numbers (I have yet only been beaten number-wise on Steam by a single person that I know.) Anyhow, most recently I've been playing Deadbolt, Oxenfree, and OlliOlli 2. While DB and OO2 share a somewhat similar pixelart style, Oxenfree is low-poly. I've been enchanted by detailed pixel-art recently (DB, OO2, Eitr, Titan Souls, Stardew Valley) and luckily I have an amazing art team with me that could make my dream a reality.

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?\

I have a fair bit of experience with game development. Mostly working with modding pre-existing games, or the Unity 4 engine. This time, though, I'm working with a group, and with GameMaker: Studio, so it should all be an interesting experience.

I'm very passionate about music, from all kinds of genre. I love game OST's, Progressive / Modern House, Rap / Hip Hop, and just about anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsS1yH1qo0ncdKnXr6RHWe2aj5ew_ttXK (My current playlist. Use the shuffle option.)

(1 edit) (+1)

Lord please give me the strength to actually make a game this time and the power to not get bogged down learning sophisticated 3D techniques for a damn 2week gamejam!!!!! !!!!111!!!!!!!!

Let's try this again!!!!

I do have experience, especially since the last jam, and I want to do better! And be able to look back on a game and say boi I did that.

I am quite familiar with Unity but always get stuck on the dialogue part which kinda. Stops everything. But! Lets try this again.
I'm passionate about video games that's why I'm still here. Love JRPGs; slave to the deep storylines and never want to leave. I would like to become a member of a community and make friends too.

(+1)

I am Ryan. I guess you could say I'm a failed artist. Four years out of college, got a BA in Studio Art, have done next to nothing with it, live with my parents - you get the picture.

I did. The end result was an alpha build for a prospective game called The Cabin of the Doe. Working on that was the most animated I'd ever been since the year prior about making any kind of artwork, but I simply let the project get too big for its britches - there was simply no way to incorporate everything I wanted to do with that game in the span of a fortnight, and now that that jam has wrapped up, I've lost momentum on it entirely. I'll want to wrap things up with that game in the future, but for now, there's another work I've been itching to put a bow on for a while now. Like the last attempt, this game will simply be too big to finish in two weeks - so I'm sticking to a tight scenario that would play out in the full title, should I even get that far.

I love Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden by Tales of Games, Dog of Dracula by TEAM BATSU, Dys4ia by Anna Anthropy, and Lakeview Cabin Collection by Roope Tamminen, among others. I suppose there's a lot of games that encouraged me to make my own, but my main motivator is personal irritation. I've had so many pie-in-the-sky ideas that never went anywhere because of a lack of understanding on my part, or just a failure to capitulate on my own wants and needs from a project. So, I guess I'm inspired by bitterness.

I4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?

I have a fair to middling amount of experience with game development, having made alpha builds of visual novels in Ren'py and platformers in Adobe Flash. This will be my first time doing any work in Unity, and I'm slowly building up anticipation, working through tutorials to see what's what with the system.

Comics! I love telling stories in comic format, and that's a main source that I draw from and approach any artistic project with. This one is no exception, as I want to use my skills with storytelling to hopefully navigate this project into something playable.

(+3)

heya im oliver (or noll), im 17 and going into college this year. i enjoy gardening, writing (horror things mostly) and my cats. i work part time right now and im not sure what im going to study in college. i hope i can get to know some of yall!! you can find me on twitter here

i did not! unfortunately. i saw lys tweet abt it a lot tho, so i decided id join next time (and i kept true to that i guess). i really liked some of the games people did when i played them, so i thought itd be a good opportunity to try to improve my writing skills. since mostly all i can do is write..

this will sound bad but i honestly dont play many games. when i was younger i played a lot of platformers & currently i watch a lot of lets plays (since i have a mac that wont play 90% of what i want it to, and i dont own any game systems). i like horror rpgs a lot tho, my favorites being mermaid swamp, alice mare, and re:kinder. i also like ori and the blind forest, limbo, and i think silent hill is pretty snazzy. i like things with dark themes, so i think that has influenced my own writing a lot. i heard abt twine & thought itd be something id be interested in, since i like choose your own adventure books.

i made one game in twine in 2014. it was practically written in one night and the amount of spelling errors is actually ridiculous. thats abt all my experience...

im really passionate abt plants & gardening :') i help my mom in the garden atm (ive been doing that for years). i really like watching plants grow & taking care of them. my favorites are bearded iris, hydrangeas, columbines, and forget-me-nots (i like a bunch more but i cant list everything, unfortunately). i like incorporating the language of flowers into my writing upon occasion since i think thats pretty interesting. recently ive wanted to get some indoor plants! when i get older i hope i can still garden & work with flowers <3

Jam Host

NICE TO SEE YOU JOIN!!!

(+1)

T HANKS IM GONNA TRY MY BEST!! :')

Submitted(+1)

Hi, I'm bluefootednewt. I'm currently majoring in Software Engineering (entering my 3rd year this autumn), and

Nope, only just now finding out about this! And my primary reason for joining is that I want to actually finish a game; I've started work on a couple of them, but they kind of ballooned out of proportion to the point where working on them started to seem somewhat overwhelming. I want to work on something small that I can finish and feel complete about.

My favorite game of all time is EarthBound, and I would say it absolutely inspired me. I'm loving the recent resurgence in quirky RPGs with brilliant senses of humor alongside shifts in tone throughout them that really do make you feel like you're on an adventure. That's not to say I want every game to be like that, but when I think of inspiration, those are typically the games that come on top.

Some experience, but not a huge amount. I've started projects in GameMaker, but nothing concrete ever came out. That's why I'm hoping I can produce something fruitful from this; really, this is a chance to prove to myself I can make something great.

That's really all I have to say. I look forward to creating something that people will enjoy!

(+1)

Hi, I'm Kai and I've really taken an interest in indie games and want to make one for myself!

Nope! I've never done a jam before (I had plans to join a few but I've been super busy) but this seems like the perfect jam to get started making games!

Some of my favorite games are rpg maker games like yume nikki, off, ib, etc. I like horror games a lot, and maybe that's what I'll go for in this jam. I'm interested in visual novels too and maybe will take the idea I missed working on for ilujam and use it for this

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine

Nope. I'm entirely new to this ;^; !!!

I love talking about oc's and world building stuff, and write a lot of ideas in my free time for stories and characters (and never get around to putting them in anything WOOPS). I'd love to chat about your worlds and characters if you wanna!

(+1)

Hello! I'm Ethyl. Biology student, just into this for fun~

No, didn't have time then. I'm taking this opportunity to get off my ass and start working on something original!

The game that inspired me the most to make my own is perhaps The Mirror Lied? Other than that, I think I've been influenced by RPG Maker horror games (the likes of Ib and OFF). If Umineko counts as a game, that too. I also enjoy Love Live ahahaha.

Technically I've done something in Twine but i wasn't exactly making a game (trying to present a project for school in a creative way, more like)

I've been in a bit of a slump lately so I'm not sure if you can say I'm really "passionate" about much anymore? But I'm into Vocaloid song series, and Sound Horizon, and I Iove sketching out elaborate AU fanfiction (and never getting around to writing it)

Submitted(+1)

I am really bad at talking about myself so I will try to keep it short and painless..

Hi! I am Aman, 2 years out of college and working for a software firm (nothing related to games).

No, timing wasn't right for me. I want to seriously get into games and this seems like a good place to start.

This could be an endless list. I guess Gone Home, Firewatch, Dishonored, Max payne, Alan Wake, mostly narrative based games and CS. I would have to say it was Gone home that inspired me to some extent. It seemed almost reachable if that makes sense. I just started breaking down and analysing games after playing that.

I have done beginner level stuff with Unity but haven't finished a single game yet. Hope I complete it this time.

I would like to tell stories using all aspects of the game so that there is no disconnect between narrative and game play.

(1 edit) (+1)

1) Hi my name is Charles. I am a beginner game designer first time jammer. Really looking forward to this

2) Did not participate last time

3) I dont really have a favorite game to be honest. I did really enjoy sonic growing up as it was one of the few games I had at the time.

4) Haven't done nothing except following some tutorials using game maker.

5) I am passionate about wanting to create something that people will enjoy and want to share with others.

(1 edit) (+3)

LOOKING FOR A TEAM :)

Wazzup. I'm Tony, I'm a screenwriter. I've done a solo skydive. I'm writing a movie, a game, two TV shows, and some comics right now.

So I missed the last jam due to other commitments, but I wanna get gamemaking now!

Uhhh, FEZ, Bioshock, Journey, Bloodborne, Last of Us, Arkham games, Halo 1-3, The Witness. Enjoying Animal Crossing and Alien Isolation right now. I can't pick out any one game that made me want to make my own, but I'd say that a common thread through most (but not all) of the games I listed is the inspiring writing/worldbuilding.

So I'm familiar with Twine for interactive fiction writing and have a LOT of experience writing regular fiction. I co-run a website called scriptflix.co.uk where you can find a portfolio of my writing. I've also made several unreleased games with GameMaker, but am looking to learn Unity.

I love speculative fiction, scifi, and fantasy, although I rarely write fantasy. I guess what I'm really passionate about is making writing in games better; if we're honest with ourselves, the best written games, when compared to the best written movies, TV, or novels, pale in comparison. We have not yet in this medium had a seminal text with influence on all of culture as even comics has had with Watchmen, let alone the dizzying heights reached by the big screen's greatest auters. But someday, hopefully in my lifetime, it'll happen, and I want to be part of it.

So that's about it! I'll work with anyone, and I'd really like to work on a culturally diverse team (I am a default human). I can be contacted at tony_worcester@me.com, or you can reach out on twitter @tonyjeffree.

(+2)

Hi all, My name is Erlia, 21 years old, Female, Asian (Chinese). Currently working as an office worker. My major didn't related with gaming, programming, or art at all. It's just an hobby of mine since long ago, and I'm planning to work it out.

Nope, Never know about any Jam before. I just come in in order to download a game, any try to check the main page, and see "Jam"? So I click any see.

So I'm interested and currently working on it, my first game.

My favorite will be Harvest moon, Crash Bandicoot, Stardew Valley (current year), Party hard, Super Mario, The adventure of Darwin, Mana Khemia, Disgaea 2, etc. Too many, can't list all of it.

Hmm, inspire on making the story line actually, and the art style rather than making the game. But, it doesn't matter I think as I'm trying to make my way on it :D

I do Have actually, but it's along time ago when I was on my 3rd year of Junior High School with my younger brother, using RPG Maker. We were only test it out, but the file gone and never be found in the universe. But currently I'm working on Twine, it might be boring as hell ==", but I'm trying my best to make it as good as I can... Trying to work on some storyline, as I'm bad at it. without planning some storylines, there's no way we can make a game, right? Unless you already a pro where the storylines already burn in your heads, and you just make your way out... (Not being harsh, but it's my life)

I'm more passion in drawing a simple character, doodling, listening to music, watching few good anime, playing games, read manga.

(+1)

Hi!! I'm Comicsans. I'm a trans game designer who has a million and one ideas and no time or energy to do them all. My spouse, Ashfield, is my inspiration and helps to make sure I don't bite off more than I can chew. With their encouragement, I participated in the last My First Game Jam with the game Lost Dreams, which was a buggy mess.

So I guess my goal this time is to try and make sure that the game is functional enough that players can get the rest of the endings. I'm also going to be experimenting with RPG Maker MV this time, so that's also a learning adventure!

As for favorite games, the "Tales of" series and the Silent Hill games are my favorites, as well as sources of inspiration. Other games that inspired me are: Okage the Shadow King, and various RPG Maker horror games.

I've been part-time developing RPG Maker games for a while now, since VX came out, as well as experimented with Renpy. I've developed the (currently on hiatus) RPG Maker horror game "In The Dark," the demo visual novel "MonPla," and my last game jam game, "Lost Dreams." I have a few other projects that I'm developing a script and game document for before I think about actually making them though.

Playing games, art, and story-writing have always been passions of mine, so...I guess it was only a matter of time before I ended up in game design as a field!

Submitted(+2)

Hey! I'm Jonathan, 22 years old from Israel. I dropped out of high school when I was about 15, ended up mostly self educating to get through my exams. Since I've played around with the idea of becoming a game developer, but there were no decent degrees / programs in my country yet- I decided to study on my own as soon as I finished my mandatory service!
I've been studying aspects of game development/design for about 3 months online, and I love it!

I'm honestly a bit timid about going in to the jam because I've wanted to work with other people for a while, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do.. Also I'm pretty late to the game so I hope I can even find a team to work with.

Nope, I just found out that online game jams even existed last week! But I've been studying in a vacuum for a good while now without too many people to create / talk with about games that I've got to give it a try!

Growing up my childhood favorites were Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Megaman Legends 2.
My favorites now are probably (in no particular order): Portal, Bioshock, Mass Effect, The Stanley Parable and Ori & The Blind Forest.

I've been studying Unity and C# and messing around in them for about 3 months. So I know my way around the basics. But I've never worked in a team before and don't have much experience with a real structured workflow. But I learn fast! :)
I also have a little experience coding in python (basic stuff, made a text adventure in IDLE from scratch once)

I really want to try and make different things. I love games like Portal and The Stanley Parable that take what you think a game is and go in an entirely new direction, and even games like the Ori Principle that just have a unique and mesmerising feel to them.

I also really love learning new things. I try to take everything I do and see how I can do it better.

(+2)

1. Haize! I'm the 'moski. I'm a mexican art-designer-wanna-be who does general gaming art, from fanart to YouTube Channel Art for others.

2. I've been interested in the indie game culture for years now. I haven't participated on any jams from itch.io, since I've been very busy, nor do I know how to actually code, so I'm expecting to join along a friend that can do that so I can focus on the art and some overall designing.

3. From the development perspective, my favorites are Cave Story, Binding of Isaac and Stardew Valley. The first and last are impressive because of how big they become by being made by a single person, while BoI has a lot of personal story from the creator reflected into it. It's documentation is glorious.

4. The only experience I've got is some RPG Maker projects. The only released one, and most successful, was The Farming One, made in 2014 for an RPG Maker contest. It's still floating around and free, if anyone wants to give it a shot. It was made by me and the friend that I'm expecting to do the coding on this project. We've learned and improved a lot since then.

5. My passions are video-games, but I don't think that there's anyone here joining out of sheer obligation. So, other than that, some TV shows and comics, and drawing original characters, designing worlds for them. If anyone wants to get in contact, here's a blatant advertising for my twitter, hoping this is not against the rules :v

Looking forward to seeing your projects. Who knows? Maybe we can collaborate in the future! :3

(+1)

Heyo, my name is Sai! I'm a twenty-something from the US. I mostly do art things and sometimes I post them on twitter. Also I'm a compsci student.

Nope, but I wanted to join a jam because I need to shake off the rust, and I also wanted to try collaborating with someone new.

I like mostly RPGs, Star Ocean, MOTHER, Breath of Fire, and Tales of being my favorites. Aside from those mentioned, I'm inspired by
a lot of different games...there's just too much to list, lol.

I did art stuffs for an RPGMaker game and a Kill la Kill shmup, but other than that, I mess with RPGMaker to try out different ideas.
Haven't really put these ideas together to make a solid game...yet. I also have an RPG in the works called Maleficium that's still very
much underway, lol.

I'm really passionate about hamburgers. I love really good hamburgers. And Monster Hunter and drawing.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! Can't wait to see what ya'll make. <:

(3 edits) (+1)

Hi, I'm Matt. I have a background in Furniture Design and UI Design. I'm interested in building more games.

Nope, I didn't participate in the last game jam. I'm pretty new to game development and game jams in general.

My current favorite game is Lifeline by 3 Minute Games, which was really inspiring in terms of storytelling potential. I also enjoyed Ready Steady Bang by Animade for its pretty art style and cute animations.

I'm an intermediate in Swift and the iOS platform. I've dipped my toes in Unity.

Other than that, I enjoy downloading and playing many different games.. that I never quite finish 😏.

Submitted (3 edits) (+3)

1. Hi everybody! I'm a writer pursuing a degree in literature and classical civilization. I love to make words happen and I'm always hollering about old ruined stuff from the Mediterranean.

2. I did participate in the last MFGJ! I made a demo for a game called "Who Do You Think You Are" in RPGMaker VX Ace, which was a blast. After the jam, I decided that eventually I'd like to see that project through to the end, so I'm still picking away at it! Since then, I've found that my weak point tends to be envisioning too much and having to release things that feel unfinished. This time around I'd like to be able to submit an entry that has an actual end state. Content could be expanded upon in the future, but I want to finally make something other than a demo or prototype!

I'm also open to being a resource for people, so please feel free to contact me if you need assistance with Ren'py, Twine, or RPGMaker (2000 or VX Ace)! My email is moonguile[@]gmail[.]com, and I'd be happy to help. c:

3. I've always loved games and loved the idea of creating them. Making a game involves an extremely tangible sense of worldbuilding for me, and one of my favorite gaming things is flavortext! I think my all-time Top Three gaming experiences will forever be the Baten Kaitos series, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami, but I also ADORE Dark Souls & Bloodborne, Hotline Miami, and the Silent Hill series. All of these games have been seriously formative to me as a writer and developer (though it honestly still feels really weird to call myself a developer!). I also LOVE point & click games, 3rd person exploration/sandbox stuff, pixel horror ala Yume Nikki, Ao Oni, Ib, The Witch's House, etc, and indie horror in general -- every October I make a point to check out as many new horror games as possible!

4. Since MFGJ in January, I've participated in several jams and expanded my proficiency in RPGMaker, Ren'py, and Twine. Among several other projects, I'm currently focusing on WDYTYA and a full-length visual novel called Cryoseism. I also recently had the privilege of contributing to some of the articles in John Kane/Gritfish's Killing Time at Lightspeed, which is out now on Steam!

More about my personal projects can be found on my dev twitter @RicassoFiction, or on cartrdge!

5. Writing (and all that goes with it) is absolutely everything to me. Worldbuilding, concept development, character design, mechanics, putting it all together to realize a fully-fledged concept -- that's what I've always been drawn to. I'm also liable to get pretty emotional about a decent meatball sub.

Anyway, I've been reading over these introductions for the last couple of weeks, and it's so nice to learn about all of you! I'm glad to be able to participate in this round of the jam, and I can't wait to see what everybody makes! Good luck, everyone! You can do it!!

Hi Katana,

If it's alright with you, can you help me? :D

I would like to ask few things about Twine2, as I just starting the story and already make the sketch.

What I need to do left is actually the system (more like the "coding") that are available?

What can I use? as I don't have any basic in these coding system.

Submitted

hi there! i absolutely can try to help you along with twine -- if you'd like, you can shoot me an email and i can give you some more personalized tips and resources that way! it sounds like you're interested in customizing the css of your twine? feel free to give me more details/screenshots/whatever's necessary in an email if that works for you. c:

(+2)

Hey, everyone! I'm CalypsoTea, and I'm an artist/illustrator from NY who makes ends meet as an office secretary/student advisor. You can find me on deviantArt and Tumblr under the same handle.

I did not! It was too late to join in when I found out about it, so I figured I'd give it a try the next time around. I've been wanting to learn how to make a game since I was little (I have a short, but solid memory of trying to make a paper prototype for a side-scroller in elementary school). I've got so many ideas in my head and I want to make them a reality. I'm really good at starting things, but I think participating in the Jam will prompt me to actually finish.

I love games that are character-driven, with strong storytelling aspects. RPGs and otome/visual novels are my favorites, but I also like lots of other kinds. Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Phoenix Wright, Pokemon, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect are among my top favorite games.

Nope! I took a couple of 2-hour intro workshops for different programs (Phaser; RPG Maker), and went through the Ren'Py tutorial, but I don't really have anything other than a basic understanding of the programs.

My passions include 2D animation, comics, tarot, and voice acting. I love learning about things and passing on knowledge, especially if it helps others to avoid the mistakes I inevitably made previously. Everything fascinates and intrigues me, and I hope to one day have mastered how to channel that wild curiosity into something that can benefit others. ^_^

(+2)

Hi ! My name's Sara. I'm a 22 y/o québécoise gal & a student in linguistics. I've got my fair share of brainweird stuff going on and that makes it hard for me to complete art projects but I want to give this a try !!

I've never participated in any game jams, I'm joining bc I think it'll help me take a stab at video game creation & remain motivated & not feel so overwhelmed !! I'm also looking forward to meeting cool people thru this.

My fave games include Cave story, Undertale, the Pokemon & LoZ franchises in general, OFF and Loom ! I'd like to capture Undertale's ability to make every character, however minor, special, and I wanna just like make something fun & enchanting.

I've made two little projects in Twine but that's about it!

I'm rlly into syntax and that's what I wanna specialize in! I've always loved drawing. I also love cats & exclamation marks !!

Submitted(+1)

1. Hey! My name on here is ghoulishkid, but I'm also Quinn. I'm a college kid, an animator and illustrator who very badly wants to break into game development. I've done a few games for school projects but I've never participated in a jam before. I've never really seen anything like the community here on itch.io and just the idea of participating in this jam has me so stoked.

2. Nope, this is my first ever jam! I'm joining because this is something that has me so excited. I'm new to game development and I'd like to finish projects and get feedback for them. And, of course, have lots of fun doing it!

3. Indie games are the bees knees for me, really haha. Though AAA games made me fall in love with gaming as a kid, what makes me so excited about games is the indie scene. Hotline Miami, Gone Home, Pony Island, and pretty much everything Anna Anthropy's ever done haha, those are my favorites. Anna's book, Rise of the Videogame Zinesters, also has been inspiring me to finally make games.

4. I have experience coding games in Processing. It's a super easy language specifically made for visual artists to learn how to code, which is perfect for me! I think it's pretty under utilized as a beginners language, especially as a game making tool. Once you know the tricks, you can make fully functional games with it. It's awesome.

5. I'm passionate about art, in so so so many forms haha. Specifically interactive and digital art. But honestly my interests are all over the map, with movies, comics, and games always being in the forefront.

(+2)

Intro
Hi, I'm Anthony, recently graduated with a degree in New Media Design and am currently living in Hong Kong. I mostly do user interface work, but I occasionally like to have fun doing vector illustrations or 3D modelling/animation.

Jams
No - my first game jam was back at uni with some friends, we made a risk-esque board game, Kintsukuroi, in 24 hours, then developed it further and took it to a few cons. Later, with some other friends, I did a NASA SpaceApps game jam where I provided concept, assets, and design for marssat.us.

This time, I want to help my wife make a eroge visual novel out of the backstory we developed for Kintsukuroi.

Favs
I've always loved story-based sci-fi games like Mass Effect and Halo, but then my wife got me into visual novels - some of my favorites are Dramatical Murder, the sadly-canceled Dysfunctional Systems, and Christine Love's Analogue: A Hate Story & Hate+. A recent favorite has been Life is Strange (not a VN?). I'll also play some weird puzzle games now and then like SpaceChem.

Experience
I'm decent with basic web coding and understand concepts of programming. I'm planning on using Ren'py, so I'm have to pick up some Python for this. The only actual game programming I've done was some crappy Flash (R.I.P.) games back in freshman year.

Passion
Languages! I'm fluent in English & German, conversational in Italian & French, can get by with a little Mandarin and am currently learning Cantonese. I'm American, but I've lived and worked in Switzerland for a bit and my wife's a Hongkonger, so there's a little backstory for that. (FYI, she's planning on writing the visual novel in Chinese, I'll see what we can do for a translation)

Submitted (4 edits) (+2)

1. i'm shout (see: shout)

im a male cisgender heterosexual vanilla-ass motherfucker who makes video games professionally and otherwise and am a freelance pixel artist. this is distinctly not my first game jam. it might be my eighth game jam. i feel like it's my eighth? i'm trusting my gut here but i feel like i'm being misled

also, i mostly use game maker studio

2. i'm here because i needed an excuse to make my first unity game! it's a game about a robot motorcycle who fights the tyranny of invasive communications monitoring by a corrupt quote unquote 'government' by shooting things with her gun, and like a fourth of the time those things turn out to be oppressive corrupt government agents

i would describe it as 'shadow the hedgehog, but he's a mailman and very irresponsible'

and, uh, to help out everyone with game maker problems and any questions they might have about the Mystical Bullshit Wonderland that is game design. and, for that matter, pixel art. and, for that matter, counting to eight

3. why are you asking me to choose between my children like this

i like, in no particular order, cave story 1001 spikes lovely planet doom quake metal slug every single goddamn smash bros rise of the triad serious sam i guess a shockingly large amount of bethesda games despite my better judgement more quake metal slug 2 and 3 (with a burning indifference to the rest of the series) undertale at one point but i guess i grew out of it fallout new vegas fallout new vegas fallout new vegas super robot wars? paranautical activity way more then it deserves and i hate myself for it kero blaster ikachan at least in concept mega man even though ive never beaten any and kirby air ride

holy shit i love kirby air ride so goddamn much

4. ye

i'm good at game maker. ask me about game maker! if you want to maker games, i am the guy to ask

5. i like... comedy? i consider myself a funny person but im not about to stand up on a stage or something. i think i'm better in the form of written word but i've never put out anything i was very proud of. to be fair, i have not tried. it might be an anxiety issue

i like comedy in video games and actually now that i think about it most of my plots are just set ups to one gag after another. one of my games is an ostensibly deep and very soul searching story about a little robot who discovers her genesis on a lonely space colony but then you play it for an hour and you realize it's actually about XJ-9 wandering around dr light's basement making friends through no virtue of her own and getting into and losing big dumb fights with, like, filing cabinets. one of the games i have planned is about a charismatic and noble master thief who steals priceless artifacts by night and studies those artifacts in hopes of discovering the origin of life in the universe by day but then you play it for like 5 seconds and you realize she's lupin the third in a dumb space fursuit and her primary mode of locomotion could be described as 'tony hawk-esque'. the game i'm working on right now is a game about a rebellious underground movement that battles the tyranny of an invasive communications etc etc but slowly, surely spirals to be no better then it's sworn enemy by succumbing to the same greed and callous disregard for human suffering that their foes do, but then you look up and think 'hey, this is like shadow the hedgehog, but im a mailman and very irresponsible!'

im also passionate about the word 'xabungle', but that's neither here nor there

(1 edit) (+2)

Hello!! I'm CaptainHarrie - but you can call me Harrie ! ( ´▽` ).。o❤️

I'm a lil GNC lesbian, my pronouns are ve/they/she !! You can use any of them ! I'm also 20 in six days time ✧

I didn't! ・°.( ´꒫` ).°・I was unfortunately too busy at the time, although I really wanted to!

And, I'm joining because I just! really love games !! i think it'd be a lot of fun to make my own (○`ᵕ´○)✧

the entire zelda series !! And most nintendo games in general really, I also love pokémon, ace attorney, & splatoon! But particularly zelda has been a big part of my life since I was about five haHa

None..... (´꒫` ;).. I've spent a little time getting familiar with Construct 2's UI and stuff tho! I'll make something (ง`^´)ง

I'm currently on an intermittence from uni due to my physical health - but I'm thinking of changing to game design when I go back ! I'm studying animation at the moment, but admittedly I'm not learning anything I haven't already taught myself haha..

I'm an artist [http://captainharrie-art.tumblr.com]!!

but also! I spend a lot of my time running my resource blog [http://helpfulharrie.tumblr.com] - if you need any help with art, feel free to send me a message!!

Since I'll be working on a game myself, I probably won't have time to write up any tutorials - but I'm sure I can point you in the right direction!

I will say in advance tho, being a game jam and all, you're likely to want to look in my pixel art tag [http://helpfulharrie.tumblr.com/tagged/pixel+art], and also pixeljoint is a great resource [http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6] [http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/tutorials.asp]

Anyway, it's lovely to meet you all !! I wish you all the best of luck on your games (○´ᵕ`○)

(+2)

My name is Skylar/Knichtus, I am 20 year old that was originally majoring in Game Design, hoping to go the 3-D Modeling and Animation route. Got anxiety, very shy, and fairly anti-social but if you can get me to open up I'm friendly. Got hit by a car in 2014 which set me back a bit so I'm figuring myself out.

No I did not, I am interested in joining to see if this is the route I still want to go, to build up confidence, and to tell myself its ok to try. I would also like to gain any new skill I can from this as well!

Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Persona 3/4, Dragon's Dogma, Pokemon, Shadow of the Colossus, The Entire Tales of Series. All of these inspire me and make me want to make my own, I love rpgs or games with alot of character development and relationships. I also love MONSTERS, love them, love creatures and designing them its my favorite thing, quality interactive monster fights that are stuck in a players mind forever are the best. Monsters and creatures are my life.

I've made a game before in my first year of college, it was during a 3 day game jam. The theme was Rebirth so I came up with the concept and pixel character art for a game called Phoenix down where you solved platform puzzles by turning into a Chick or Adult phoenix (so kill yourself to be reborn as a chick from the ashes). The game was made in game maker but i didn't do any programming, I just did art.

Monsters, creatures and fun boss fights. Game mechanics, more LGBT representation and complex relationships in video games. More intuitive and creative armor designs for women in video games. World-building and did I mention monsters? I love monsters.

(1 edit) (+2)

Hi! I go by Seren. Not much to say, really. I like reading, writing, drawing, and computers! So games are a nice combination of those things. I'm also a big fan of animation. I want to go into animation, software development, or indie game design, probably! I like dogs.

Nope. I joined this time because I was actually looking around for a game jam, and this one seemed perfect for me! Although, I will have some trouble with the deadline, ha ha. I've got a week, really.

I'm not sure I could really name favorites, but I love Legend of Zelda, Borderlands, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Pokemon, Dangan Ronpa...there's a lot more, but those are the series I follow. One of my absolute favorite games is probably Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, alongside Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, but I'm not sure how much of that is nostalgia, ha ha. Oh! And Kingdom Hearts is a ton of fun - I think its combat system is absolutely amazing. Okami is good all-around. Honestly, I'm probably missing my absolute favorites here, but I'm awful at thinking up this stuff off the top of my head. If I wrote this tomorrow it'd probably be completely different. Dangan Ronpa and Phoenix Wright are my inspirations for this jam, but in general I think Nintendo games have influenced me the most, since I grew up with them. I can't actually peg down when I started wanting to make my own, though.

A little? I've experimented a bit in Ren'Py and RPG Maker before, but the games were always incomplete at 5-10 minutes long, if that, and often used the default or free assets. I have tried to make a Game Dev Club, if that counts as experience? Basically we were trying to develop a fairly simple tower defense-ish game all together, with everyone combining their knowledge, but it fell through for various reasons (some of which I'm trying to fix here).

Animation! Video games! Other things! Specifically, I guess I'm pretty passionate about media in general. It's really important for children growing up (I can't imagine just how much of me comes from what I did as a kid), and for teenagers/adults to relax and be inspired themselves. With animation, I think it's really important to make sure kids cartoons are intelligent, enough so that the whole family can watch it and the children can still be taught, but not in a "count along with me 1 2 3" kind of way (though those shows have their place too). With video games, I think it's absolutely amazing how far they've come in such a short amount of time, and I can't wait to see where they go in the future! I think game mechanics deserve more love - a good story is a lot of fun, but it should be fun to play, too! And I'm excited to see where VR goes, especially in non-gaming related fields. Um...I'm also very passionate about hibachi-vegetables. I think they're really tasty, especially the zuchinni.

(1 edit) (+1)

Hello. My name is Edgar. I tend to program prototypes in Unity from time to time

This is the first time I've heard of a game jam for itch.io. Luckily, it's for those who've yet to make a full-fledged game before.

I primarily like character-action games (DMC series, Bayonetta) due to their combination of mastery of skill and the ability to show off how cool you can make your characters look when pulling off amazing moves. Haven't played much of Dark Souls (beat the Gargoyles then stopped, since I never knew where to go next), but I hope to do so in the future. Aside from that, I like bombastic shooters (Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Hard Reset, Lost Planet 1) specifically for their atmosphere or feel of gameplay. The Borderlands series was never a good-feeling shooter series, but they have style. Oddly enough, I've been playing tons of Warframe which present both of these qualities in spades.

I've used Unity to create a few prototypes to test out some game ideas, but I've never created a full game before.

I love suspense in movies and shows. Anything which keeps me hooked when watching the show. I also love what-if scenarios, like the one presented in season 3 of The Wire. When it comes to reading, anything that shows the writer wanted to show me around the world and tell me how everything works to the average person. I love how The Martian presented numerous subjects (e.g. the concept of Sols instead of days when in reference to Mars' rotation around the sun) in a way which everyone would understand.

In terms of design, I love anything that is both eye-catching but instructive. This specific aspect of design has been a stickler for me, since I've had trouble making HUDs for my prototypes which allow people to see everything they need to know at a given time, while also presenting it in a way which doesn't distract them from gameplay. For example, I recently learned about the concept of primary eyes (i.e. which eye do you primarily use when looking around on the screen). I want to incorporate a HUD which can be set up based on which primary eye a player has.

Well, that's it for my introduction. Hopefully, I can speak to you all throughout the time of this game jam.

Submitted(+3)

yo, i'm e (they/them pronouns). i'm a comic artist (i have a webcomic you can read here) and im sleepy.

yep! last time i made something in uhh adventure game studio and while it was fun to learn a new program it ended up being really clunky and not useful.. i'm proud of what i made anyway! this time round i'm actually working with my roommate and my goal is to get the structure of our game set & find an actual, viable engine.

the persona series, harvest moon, we know the devil, SVBBVT, etc. i made my first twines bc of SVBBVT and works by anna anthropy/aevee bee/ohnoproblems etc. this particular game was def inspired by wtkd in the sense its whats inspired us to make sth as well.

twine stuff & ags for the last jam.

uhhh. pet care (i used to work in a pet shop). comics. idk lmao

wah ! Hello e, PHB is one of my fav webcomics (○´▽`○) It's super nice to see you here, good luck with your game !!

Submitted(+1)

oh neat, thank you!! ^w^ good luck to you too!

(+1)

1. Hey I'm Harley, but I would be preferred to be called by my username or Razz. I'm just a small city girl from Canada.

2. I didn't participate last time and didn't even know about these type of things before but it seemed like fun and I wanted to try and get better at pixel art, or at least get faster at making them. I probably won't get super far as I'm doing this by myself but it won't stop me from trying.

The type of games that really got me into game making was actually RPG Maker horror games. Something about the story telling and simple game play talked to me. But not only just horror games made in the engine I also enjoy stories that aren't too fast paced or scary, I enjoy the cute ones too. But I do enjoy a good actual RPG here and there. The actual games I like are Ib, Skyborn, Harvest Moon series and Undertale.

Just playing around in RPG Maker XP. Then I moved onto VX Ace and kind of played around with making events, I'm a super beginner at stuff like this...! Also I'm not actually good at any other engine or have tried. They are too far out of my reach this time around.

I'm not really sure what I'm super passionate about? Haha still trying to figure out my own life and what not. I guess I like pixel art and drawing my own characters. I also love figuring out a story and applying it to my characters. I may be a tad shy sharing my ideas but I hope it doesn't stop me from doing it anyway.

(+1)

Hey, all! I go by my username, ashrik. I'm a programmer...Yeah that's about it.

Nah, I didn't even know these things existed until I saw a post about it on tumblr from someone I follow. When I was a kid, I told people I wanted to be a game designer, even when I didn't know what that really meant or really went for it. I never got around to making a game so here I am now, giving it a shot.

So many. I like RPGs with developed worlds and characters. Games like the Persona series and Final Fantasy. But I also like games like Winterbells and Cube Field. They aren't particularly complex, but they're fun to play to try and beat your previous scores. And then there's Music Catch 2. It has such a chill sort of atmosphere for a game. I really enjoy it. There's just so many kinds of games out there, it makes me want to make my own.

I don't really have much game development experience. I poked around some resources on game design and looked at some tutorials for using Unity, but never really made something that was my own. Anything I made, most of the assets were pre-made, same with the source code.

I love finding stories with interesting worlds and characters. I also enjoy crafting and making props for cosplay. I'm a newbie at it, but it's really fun and there's a sense of satisfaction when I finish making something.

(+2)

Hi there, I'm Brenna! I'm currently working for a small board game developer, but I'm interested in video game development, too! I'm primarily a fiction writer, but I'd like to learn more programming.

I did! For the last jam I made a small game called Void Talk. At the time, I was working a crappy food service job and I was very depressed. The jam gave me something to work on that I really cared about for a couple weeks, and left me feeling like I'd accomplished something. The community was also very great and supportive and I made several friends over the course of the jam. The jam really helped me through a tough time!

I don't have much time or energy this time around, but I really want to dive into learning some real programming and test out a few game-play ideas I had. I don't think I'll have anything very substantial done at the end of two weeks, but I'd like to have something playable, at least!

Some of my favorite games are: The original Ace Attorney trilogy, the Professor Layton series, the Harvest Moon series, the first three Monkey Island games, Okami, and Katamari Damacy, among others. I've always loved games that are unique and fun, with good stories and engaging gameplay. You may notice that a few of these are point-and-click adventures. I've always loved that genre, and its waning popularity is part of what first made me interested in making games! I haven't made a point-and-click adventure yet, though.

I've used Inklewriter and Renpy before. I wouldn't call myself an expert on renpy, though.

I'm passionate about good storytelling!

(+3)

i'm mar, i make a webcomic - the house on the cliff - and draw comics and do some other stuff.

i have absolutely never done this before. i'm making a game with e this time around.

i grew up playing adventure games like monkey island, grim fandango, myst, and loom, as well as like zelda games? but i don't have as much time to play games these days as i'd like to... i love psychonauts, animal crossing, persona 3, & rpgs are neat. i've always wanted to play journey but never had the system.

i looked at twine once.

character-driven work, and taking naps.

(+2)

Hihi, I'm Nell, im a 20 year old girl between college semesters and my greatest wish is to make a living creating incredibly self-indulgent games while surrounded by girlfriends

I'm joining fresh with this game jam! i didn't know about it when the first one went down, but I also didn't have the free time to make games then so I couldn't have participated if I did. I'm going into games as a whole because they've always been the most important art form for me growing up, both as entertainment and as tools with which to divine meaning from the world around me. I'd very much like to move within this artistic space and meet both my idols and new friends to become the next dev generation's idols with.

A few of the games that most inspired me with this project are listed in the devlog page i made, but in terms of play time my favorite games right now are probably the Dark Souls series and Overwatch.

Not even a little bit.

im passionate about lezzin' out

(+2)

I'm Camila. I'm a 20 year old donut from Chile.

No. I wanted to join because I needed something like this to actually finish something TVT.

It's kinda funny but I'm not a gamer myself....I like some mmorpgs and fighting games though. Visual Novels are fun.

Not really....I have tried to do some stuff in Ren'py, Novelty and Tyranobuilder before but never actually finished something.

KIM HEECHUL. I'm autistic and he's my special interest so everything I make is somehow related to him.

Have a good night everyone!

(+2)

Hi, I'm Andy, 26 year-old lady motion graphic artist! I'll prolly post way more dev stuff on twitter, my handle on most sites in Andy-Mantis!

I made a twine game for the last jam, but I've been itching to try something a bit 'deeper' so I'm doing a Unity game this go-round. I found with the last GameJam that the 'technical' and writing parts were the most fun. I was constantly in danger of burning out when it came to actually doing the art XD even though I kept it SUPER simple.

Mostly I just REALLY want more money at work, and getting good at 3-D and Unity are very obvious ways to get that sweet sweet monay : 3

3-D platformers like Jak and Daxter and Spyro the dragon are my favorites as far as more traditional 'game structires' go. I think they give a fun game experience, while still giving glimpses of a larger world and backstory. Sadly, I absolutely suck at anything platformer these days, so the newer releases (and retro styled ones) are too hard for me. But the 'mystery' of running around the first Jak and Daxter game was something the stuck with me, so I've always wanted to make an exploration heavy 3-D game. Which bring me to Firewatch, my current end-all be all of games!

My only finished game is my entry to the previous jam, Please Tell Me I Love You. A twine game about a conversation, I hate it now, but that's how it always goes!

I also have an unfinished Ren'Py game about a queer pastry chef trying out online dating that I hope to have finished by November! It's got bearded schnauzer ladies feelin' sexy and shy owl girls!

I REALLY REALLY LIKE FOOD. If you follow me on twitter, you'll see just how much I ramble about the day's food trucks.

I even have plans for a silly food truck Unity game XD

Also animation, Indie comics, Anime, and the like. The usual suspects.

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Hello, I'm Jotabhe (pronounced "Joh-tah-beh" :), I was born and I live in Brazil, where I work as IT analyst

Since I've met the world of indie games, for about 4 years ago, I've been wanting to develop games. After failed attempts and opportunities denied, I found in My First Game Jam: Summer Edition the perfect opportunity to start me in the world of independent game development! \o/

It is the first Jam I participate, as well as my buddy Lucas, who has a talent for graphic arts. We're both taking the ideas as he draws and I try to do what I can with Game Maker.

I play video games since I was a baby in the 80s and I have different types of games among my favorites. Today the games I like most are the "simple and innovative" type. But for this Jam, I am letting myself be influenced by classical plataformers with a hint of personal creativity.

What most excites me in game development is to allow that people can give life and movement to their imaginary worlds, including those kept alive in their heart since they were very young, whether adult, child or elderly.

Submitted(+1)

1. Hi there! my name is Calvin.

2. This is my first jam and my first game. Using this opportunity to learn Unity.

3. I love video and board games. Want to make games that are fun or educational (for kids). One of my first "game" creation is a LEGO table top game called "Ships & Glory": http://www.shipsandglory.com .

4. No experience making games, but had always wanted to dive in and make some.

5. What I am most interested in is game design and gameplay mechanism. At the end of the day I just enjoy learning something new.

Hello hello! My name is Brandon, a 22 year old guy with a passion for creating games of all kinds and mediums.

This will actually be my first game jam, so I am excited to get into doing them! Working with others is my strong point, and I don't have a readily available team to work with at home... So getting into game jams and working with teams will be a great way to help me get my games finished and out there for others to see.

A list of my favorite games would be pretty long... Recently Dwarf Fortress has gripped me and made me want to start producing games. I also enjoy nearly all of the Sid Meier's games, Crusaders Kings 2, Undertale, Kerbal Space Program, and many more I couldn't list all here.

I really don't enjoy many FPS games, and I still haven't found a JRPG I can get into despite the numerous recommendations I have received.

I haven't ever gotten a game to a point where I am ready to release it, and I haven't gotten comfortable enough with showing others the progress I've made until recently. I'm planning to have my first publicly available game released for this jam!

As for experience, I have 2 years of experience in Python and applied a lot of it to Pygame, I'm currently months into learning Javascript, I know enough about C# that I could utilize it, I have experience in Ren'Py in case I ever decide to use the visual novel medium, I know Unity pretty well, RPG Maker VX Ace, and my current project is working in libGDX.

I can't say that I can do much in the way of art, though I have certainly tried. I know my way around GIMP and have been practicing somewhat with a very over the top style. Maybe one day I'll be more comfortable about my art! In the mean time though, I apply it when I don't have a different option. :/

I think I have more passions than I have anything else! I am an avid tabletop gamer and content creator, I play the guitar at an intermediate level (although mostly the blues), I paint when I have the materials, I love mathematics and have been striving to learn as much as I can in the field, I make jewelry, sculpt, and am pretty much always down to learn new things.

1. Hello, I am Andrew..

2. No, this is my first game jam.I joined because I wanted to do something interesting during the vacation and to learn unity

3. I don't think I have a specific genre I like, I am a bit random about it... Currently my favorites are Undertale, Minecraft and Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker (Just because of the art style).

4. I have been making games for about a year I guess. But never got to complete any of them... I would lose interest in the project and quit. I started Game Development in XNA and then switched to LibGDX. I also gave a shot at low level graphics programming with LWJGL, I understood lot of concepts but stopped working on it as I thought it was a bit complicated. I am using Unity in this Jam as I wanted to try it out and also to complete a game for the first time. I am very weak with art though.. Usually I would ask a friend of mine (who is an epic artist) to help me with it... In this jam, I thought of using art from OpenGameArt to give it a shot...

5. Learning Something... It is always interesting to know how things work... That's how I thought of learning programming in the first place...

(1 edit) (+1)

Uhhhm, sure! o_o I'm Fiery! This is my first time doing a Jam on my own!

Nope! I didn't even know about it before! Hopefully I can make myself make a quick gam, and get my name out there! o_o;

I love a lot of games.. Mostly JRPGs. +_+ I love JRPGs so much! I want to make one, but I'm not good enough yet...

I've been following a lot of Unity tutorials in C#. o3o; So I'm kinda experienced there? Haven't made anything I can proudly call a game yet though. I'm pretty good with Maya though, so I've worked on some teams before, though they've never worked out. :x But at least my games don't have developer graphics. They have artist code instead! XD

FIRE! +_+ I love fire.

Hello, my name is Luciano, the first game i've ever played was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition on a SNES, followed by Super Mario World.

I didn't knew about jams at all, and since i've begin to learn game maker yesterday, i'll see what i can do here on one week.

In my list of favorites there are : Zelda ocarina of time, Wind waker, super mario world, portal 2 and harvest moon for snes, I've actually been inspired by the game Spelunky.

1 day experience on following youtube tutorials !

I love to embrace the little details added on games and seeing how the flow of some big games works, especially Nintendo ones.

Hey guys,

I am Akshat. I know you can't pronounce that, so just call me Akay.

I have took several courses to learn how to make games with unity. So i would say i have some experience with Unity but not so much with 3d modeling softwares. I am going to learn to make assets with Blender or 3ds Max.

Good luck everyone

Jam Host

hey there Akay! unfortunately this jam is already over! maybe consider checking out our tumblr for updates on the next jam session?

Submitted

I'd like to thank everyone involved in organising this game jam. It was my first and I was impressed with how accessible it was made. I've since been looking for another to do, but none has come close to having the "community" feeling that this one had, even before I signed up.

I achieved a big personal milestone by doing this GJ and it was all thanks to you organisers...So I sincerely thank you and I hope all of you read this. I'd love it if you made more regular game jams to help beginners gain more confidence and experience. I'd sign up every time, as I feel like there's now a void for my particular skill level and that sense of community really helped.

Thanks,

Cam