1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
I'm Niki Fakhoori, a 2015 SCAD graduate. I hold a BFA in Sequential Art with minors in both Concept Art for Games and Interactive Design/Game Development.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I just found out about this jam, and I think it would be a great opportunity to motivate me to get a short project done for practice and portfolio-building.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I have way too many favorites to list. My overall favorite genre is RPG, but I also love visual novels. Most of my favorite games incorporate lots of character interaction and world-building, and a few are notoriously difficult. They also feature mechanics that are simple to grasp but are just complex enough to feel unique and interesting. I also love games with a good sense of humor. These are the kinds of aspects I hope to incorporate into my own games.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
My experience working on games is mostly limited to asset creation (2D and 3D), design documentation, and scripting. I have basic knowledge of programming languages that I hope I can improve during the course of this jam.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I love drawing and telling stories. I also love making people laugh.