1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
You can call me Xian Xian. I'm an Afro-Latina/Chinese American person who writes a lot of stuff, but has dealt with awful writer's block for the past year and a half or the better way to say it, is writing and starting projects but never finishing them. So lately I have turned to Game development. But I know nothing about game development and the most complicated thing I have ever done is Twine and I literally just figured out the If variable or Macro thing.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
Yes I have participated in the last jam. What I plan on doing better is not to rush, create something coherent, and feel satisfied with it.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I'm big into story heavy games, I guess I can say. I've always loved RPGs and books, so I can say there's a lot of stuff that inspires me. Twine is probably the greatest thing I have ever discovered bc it combines storytelling with gaming. The last game I've played that freaking knocked the hell out of me due to its coolness is freaking Virtue's Last Reward. Although I will admit the puzzles were annoying.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I've been doing Twine. Playing with CSS, copying and pasting from style sheets provided on Glorious Trainwrecks and modifying them into what I desire. CSS is probably the most nerve wracking part of it.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I'm passionate about literature and creating things. I literally go to sleep thinking about plots because I fear I will forget them.