1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hey, all! I go by my username, ashrik. I'm a programmer...Yeah that's about it.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
Nah, I didn't even know these things existed until I saw a post about it on tumblr from someone I follow. When I was a kid, I told people I wanted to be a game designer, even when I didn't know what that really meant or really went for it. I never got around to making a game so here I am now, giving it a shot.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
So many. I like RPGs with developed worlds and characters. Games like the Persona series and Final Fantasy. But I also like games like Winterbells and Cube Field. They aren't particularly complex, but they're fun to play to try and beat your previous scores. And then there's Music Catch 2. It has such a chill sort of atmosphere for a game. I really enjoy it. There's just so many kinds of games out there, it makes me want to make my own.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I don't really have much game development experience. I poked around some resources on game design and looked at some tutorials for using Unity, but never really made something that was my own. Anything I made, most of the assets were pre-made, same with the source code.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I love finding stories with interesting worlds and characters. I also enjoy crafting and making props for cosplay. I'm a newbie at it, but it's really fun and there's a sense of satisfaction when I finish making something.