1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
My name is Skylar/Knichtus, I am 20 year old that was originally majoring in Game Design, hoping to go the 3-D Modeling and Animation route. Got anxiety, very shy, and fairly anti-social but if you can get me to open up I'm friendly. Got hit by a car in 2014 which set me back a bit so I'm figuring myself out.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
No I did not, I am interested in joining to see if this is the route I still want to go, to build up confidence, and to tell myself its ok to try. I would also like to gain any new skill I can from this as well!
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Persona 3/4, Dragon's Dogma, Pokemon, Shadow of the Colossus, The Entire Tales of Series. All of these inspire me and make me want to make my own, I love rpgs or games with alot of character development and relationships. I also love MONSTERS, love them, love creatures and designing them its my favorite thing, quality interactive monster fights that are stuck in a players mind forever are the best. Monsters and creatures are my life.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I've made a game before in my first year of college, it was during a 3 day game jam. The theme was Rebirth so I came up with the concept and pixel character art for a game called Phoenix down where you solved platform puzzles by turning into a Chick or Adult phoenix (so kill yourself to be reborn as a chick from the ashes). The game was made in game maker but i didn't do any programming, I just did art.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Monsters, creatures and fun boss fights. Game mechanics, more LGBT representation and complex relationships in video games. More intuitive and creative armor designs for women in video games. World-building and did I mention monsters? I love monsters.