1. Hey, I'm Zalonar/Zal and I don't know how to talk to people...hi!
2. I was in the last game jam and made a three level platformer. This go around I'm gonna try to use unity to prototype a game idea I've had in my head for a few years.
3. Some of my favorite games are LoZ: Wind Waker, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Skullgirls. They definitely inspired me to make games. Particularly MikeZ's streams showing the updates he was putting into Skullgirls made really want to make my own.
4. My main game dev experience comes from making platformers in GameMaker. I mostly just plan out gameplay mechanics in my head and draw character concepts. I'm learning Blender right now for 3d models, so there's that!
5. Mechanics! How things move! art/animation/gameplay! I love seeing how the little parts of something affect everything else in it. I'm a huge fan of Mechanics-As-Metaphor in games, so if I can tell a story in a game with how it plays, I'll be happy!