1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hey, everyone! I'm CalypsoTea, and I'm an artist/illustrator from NY who makes ends meet as an office secretary/student advisor. You can find me on deviantArt and Tumblr under the same handle.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I did not! It was too late to join in when I found out about it, so I figured I'd give it a try the next time around. I've been wanting to learn how to make a game since I was little (I have a short, but solid memory of trying to make a paper prototype for a side-scroller in elementary school). I've got so many ideas in my head and I want to make them a reality. I'm really good at starting things, but I think participating in the Jam will prompt me to actually finish.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I love games that are character-driven, with strong storytelling aspects. RPGs and otome/visual novels are my favorites, but I also like lots of other kinds. Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Phoenix Wright, Pokemon, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect are among my top favorite games.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
Nope! I took a couple of 2-hour intro workshops for different programs (Phaser; RPG Maker), and went through the Ren'Py tutorial, but I don't really have anything other than a basic understanding of the programs.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
My passions include 2D animation, comics, tarot, and voice acting. I love learning about things and passing on knowledge, especially if it helps others to avoid the mistakes I inevitably made previously. Everything fascinates and intrigues me, and I hope to one day have mastered how to channel that wild curiosity into something that can benefit others. ^_^