In a retelling of the Ancient Greek tragedy of Bellerophon, you must fly the Pegasus through space to earn your recognition and conquer the warship Gadfly.
Recent community posts
Oh, you want me to start? Fair enough then.
I am Greg, I specialise in game design with experience in writing, testing and scripting. I have experience Game Maker Studio mostly with an interest to pick up more in Unity or even RPG Maker to expand my prowess. I am interested in developing a fighting game, even the barebones start of it. Frankly any series would do in that regard, though I am rather familiar with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dragon Ball, Berserk and recently a bit of One Punch Man. Feel free to hit me up on the Discord channel (gbindahouse94) or give me a Skype (gb1ndah0u53).
I am looking to get a team together. Rest assured I do have work as a producer, but on British Summer Time zone.
Hello. Welcome to the Cherry Blossom Jam ya weeb! You probably wanted to make some game that's like one of your Japanese animes but you realised you are not a one man/woman/Hideyoshi development team.
Where else can I find programmers, artists, designers and ideas people while simultaneously taking another step towards slaying my crippling NEET status? Introduce yourself here!
Feel free to tell everyone:
- Your field of prowess (programmer, artist, designer, Saiyajin...)
- Your tools of the trade (Got some skills with Unity? Or Unreal? Or Game Maker? Or with a giant slab of metal you call a "sword"?)
- Some ideas you want to try out (Want to recreate Sword Art Online? Shine On, you Crazy Diamond!)
- A preferred method of communication and time zone (Skype, Discord, Telepathy...)
Or don't do any of that! See if I care, not like I want to communicate with people...
1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Dang, already did that on the last thread but, hey ho, I'm Greg. I am an honours graduate in Games Design and Production Management.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
This is the first time I have ever heard of this jam and, suffice it to say, I need more work on my portfolio so I have a better chance at actually getting a job as a games designer.
3. What games are your favourites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the first game I ever played, it taught me the power of "game feel". Skullgirls Encore taught me the nuance of a genre I once found derivative and inspired me to actually prove that fighting games can be welcoming to newcomers (Hell, I wrote a whole dissertation on it!)!
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
Primarily fiddled with Game Maker: Studio as a hobby but proper development is sadly very lacking, hence my presence here.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Fighting games! Single Player experiences! Clever Tutorials! Game Mechanics! Throwing Myself Physically into a Presentation of My Work! Documentation! Studying Game Design!
I am a Game Designer / Writer / Tester looking for a team!
1. Introduction: I am Greg Baxter, a 22 year old honours graduate from Abertay University whose looking to buff up the game design portfolio. When I am not staring at Game Maker: Studio and slamming my head against wood over programs never behaving as planned, I work part time as a quality assurance tester for Digital Sports Arena and writing reviews and editorials for High Rez Gaming. I work on the universal coordinated time zone (UTC) and I am male (so he/him/his and such I guess, wow that was odd to type out for me).
2. Skills: As a game design graduate I am frugal and savvy with game design knowledge (even if the amateur level coding and infantile art can't keep up) and as such I am rather proud of my ability to write and document a lot of things in the world of gaming. I am also a very confident presenter, which has led me to take the reigns as a pseudo lead for development teams I have coordinated with in the past. With my presentation confidence comes my acting, while still rather college theatre, I am capable of vocal expressions and getting in character. My experience in University has made me experienced in programming and art but far from the level enough to be a coder or artist. I also have a keen eye for details and critique along with experience as a professional quality assurance tester making me acquainted with working under Waterfall, Agile and even Kanban project methodologies, the latter two as a product of my past as an acting producer.
- Game Maker: Studio (and Game Markup Language by extension)
- Unity (Opened it and closed it...that count?)
- Unreal Engine 3
- Maya (sadly no longer own a copy)
4. Portfolio: As linked above...and here! I suppose my work at High Rez Gaming also counts though you are going to have to look around for "Greg Baxter"'s articles.
My First Game Jam Slack page: gbindahouse94
6. Other: I have a fighting game idea and a love for the genre. Since I am most experienced in Game Maker: Studio, 2D developers would perhaps be ideal for my situation. Beyond that, I love idea tennis and hunger new opportunities so gimmie something to sink my fangs into!