1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hi, I'm Jay. I am 23. They/them. I like mythology, pastries, and fat birds. When I was very young I was convinced I would grow up to be either an Egyptologist or a unicorn, couldn't quite make up my mind.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I did not participate in the last jam. I kinda eyed it but was busy with work at the time. I recently moved and am jobless for now. Returning to college in the fall. So I have room to give this a shot.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I really like the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Time, Kindom Hearts 2, Star Control II, Gone Home, Kentucky Route Zero, and Oxenfree. That said some of the games that have most inspired me were Off and Pom Gets Wifi. But I really only became determined to make my own game from some stuff said by people I follow on twitter.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
Not really. I have done writing before (and NaNoWriMo) and I have made up little texting adventures on the fly with my friends, but nothing really qualifying as a full game.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I mean, video games? Also theatre, cryptology, and uhh history in general I guess. I like learning new things, which I pursue really sporadically and with a lot of topic hopping.So I am kinda hoping that doing a jam like this will help me stay focused and see something through to completion