1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hello! I'm Connor, an 18 year old game-designer wannabe. I've got a lot of ambition, some (hopefully) interesting ideas, and just enough sarcasm to get by. Heading off to college for Game Design in August.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
Having missed the first Jam, I was wanting to participate in this one simply because I love games, and making games. I'm a fresh-out-of-high-school graduate with nothing to do for the summer, and I had a group of friends who I wanted to make a game with. So, here it goes.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
Listing my favorite games is nearly impossible, as what I own and what I've played are both incredibly large numbers (I have yet only been beaten number-wise on Steam by a single person that I know.) Anyhow, most recently I've been playing Deadbolt, Oxenfree, and OlliOlli 2. While DB and OO2 share a somewhat similar pixelart style, Oxenfree is low-poly. I've been enchanted by detailed pixel-art recently (DB, OO2, Eitr, Titan Souls, Stardew Valley) and luckily I have an amazing art team with me that could make my dream a reality.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?\
I have a fair bit of experience with game development. Mostly working with modding pre-existing games, or the Unity 4 engine. This time, though, I'm working with a group, and with GameMaker: Studio, so it should all be an interesting experience.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I'm very passionate about music, from all kinds of genre. I love game OST's, Progressive / Modern House, Rap / Hip Hop, and just about anything else.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsS1yH1qo0ncdKnXr6RHWe2aj5ew_ttXK (My current playlist. Use the shuffle option.)