SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introduce yourself! Sticky

A topic by badlogic created Dec 13, 2015 Views: 9,647 Replies: 191
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 197 · Next page · Last page
Host (1 edit) (+2)

Hi there,

i'm Mario, benevolent dictator of libGDX. I'll oversee the jam and help with whatever you need (except writting your games).

Introduce yourself below! Give a little insight into what tools you are going to use, wether you'll work alone or in a team, what your favorite color is, and so on.

<3,
Mario

(2 edits) (+2)

I am AjwBoss, Computer Science student. I will win the jam and have a team with a few of my friends. We will be making an awesome game soon.

We will be using pure java and of course libGDX. For art, we will be using blender and photoshop. For sound we will be using AudioSauna and Audacity.

(+5)

Pride comes before the fall :D

(1 edit) (+1)

Hi, I'm Arnau and I'm studying Maths & CS.

I have developed a couple of simple games using libgdx at my free time.

I'm going to work alone in this jam. I will be able to work on it for only a week.

Probably I will only reuse my own code from other projects, but I do not discard anything.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Submitted(+1)

Hi there !

I'm Marc, a very enthusiastic indie dev by night, though my real job has nothing to do with informatics.

I'll be doing this jam alone. I'll use libGDX (off course !), probably Box2D and Tiled Map Editor. For the graphics part, maybe I'll express my inglorious pixel art skills with photoshop CS6. For the sound, I guess I'll go with a sound generator like Bfxr.

(+1)

Hey where are you from btw ?

Submitted(+1)

Hey ! I'm from Montréal.

(+2)

Hi I'm Noah, I'm a student hoping to study CS in college.

I will be working alone. I am going to use Intelijj Idea as my IDE, maybe gimp for making sprites and of course libGDX for my game engine.

(+3)

Hi LibGDX peeps. This is my first jam ever. I'll jam with my older kid. He is 13 yo kid with good taste for games. His position is 'Ideas director' and i will do my best with coding. We gonna use: brains, fingers, keyboard, mouse, beer (at least me).. lol and ofc photoshop and my favorite framework LibGDX. I hope this jam will motivate him to learn more about game dev and LibGDX.

So lets make GG's. Good luck all.

(2 edits) (+1)

Hey I am an Art-Student from Germany. Over the past 2 years I mainly concentrated on games, their theory, tools and learning the general skills. I will use Aseprite and TIledMap for graphics and Levles. Perhaps Blender, in case i go 3d or pseudo 3d. Ableton Live 9 will serve for Audio/Music-tasks.

LibGdx in IntelliJ and depending on the concept I'll probably try Ashley for the first time. I gonna use my own little library of Helper-classes (Aseprite-loader, easy AnimatedSpriteSet, TiledMap extensions ect) - will be able on github after the jam i guess.

Can't wait to get my hands on the jam. Good luck to everyone. And much more important: Have fun!

Submitted

Hi fellow developers, artists, and users of LibGDX.

I'm a software engineer from Uruguay who started getting into gamedev as a hobby not so long ago. Libgdx has been my main tool for learning and practicing game development as I find it quite fun and easy to use.
I probably intend to do something 2D as I've yet to step into the additional axis and well... I just like retro stuff from the nes and snes era. About tools within libgdx: Box2D, dermetfan's libgdx-utils, Tiled map, etc, are ones I'm used to use.

I'm participating with my teammate who has better dominion over art creation than I do, however we don't have fixed roles, I love doing ugly bizarre sketches sometimes. We're in for the fun!

Nice meeting ya all! Let's create some crazy stuff.

Hey hey! Manabreak here, I'm a 26 years old developer and gaming enthusiast hailing from Finland. In real life, I'm an Android developer, but during my spare time I like fiddle around with game development.

I'll probably be doing something that combines 2D and 3D. Graphics-wise I'll be using Blender and GIMP and possibly Inkscape if I decide to go that way. Audio-wise it's Psycle and Audacity all the way. Basically I'll use anything that's free and open source!

Hello All!

This will be my first Jam! I am kind of excited and nervous at the same time. I am a current CS student in college and still have a ways to go before I finish my degree. I can not wait to see all the awesome ideas everyone comes up with!

May the best win!

Hi everyone. My name is Dani and I'm a 22 year old developer from Spain. Already been using libGDX for a while and this year I have published my first game on the Play Store using libGDX.

This is my first time in a jam. I cannot stay coding an entire weekend because I have obligations and sometimes even a life, but having a few weeks is great. I'll participate alone and my tools will be GIMP, Inkscape, Audacity, bfxr. Probably Box2D and Tiled too. I still have these few days to think whether going with Kotlin or stick with Java...

Good luck everyone and let's have fun!

Submitted(+1)

Hi everybody,

I'm Yellowbyte, 21 y/o, an Irish programmer very interested in game development. I recently finished four years of college studying 'Multimedia and Computer Games Development'. I decided to use LibGDX to develop my Final Year Project last year and I've been learning more about it ever since.
I'll be flying solo for this Jam. The tools I plan to use are as follows:
Art - Flash, Spriter
Audio - Audacity
Map Building - Tiled

I'm very excited to be a part of this Jam and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Good luck! :)

- Yellowbyte xoxo

Hello everyone!

I'm Nick, and I've been using LibGDX for a little over two years making one pretty awesome game. I've also used it for the past 3 Ludum Dare's. I'll be on a road trip with the family for pretty much the entire jam but I'm going to do as much as I can (most likely alone) in that time. My favorite color is a pretty even tie between Orange and Green, I can go into more detail if anyone wants me to.

If you want to follow my progress, my twitter is @purenickery, I want to follow yours too!

Host

Please elaborate on your color choice!

I happen to have answered this very question online previously, I hope you don't mind me copying my response

"Well it's quite a long story actually, my mind tends to share allegiance between two separate colors! They both get really jealous of each other but as long as I keep them mostly separate it works out fine. Orange came to me early in life; it never let me down all those classes in Kindergarten when all the other markers just weren't doing the job. It stood out. It was a bright shining beacon of the hope and promise that a boy of that age needs so desperately. Green came to me later in life, and I'm not sure exactly why. It could be perhaps that I began to just colors based on their individual merit and not based simply on how shiny their markers were, and while orange stood out to me in that context, green in it's many shades and forms stood out to me more when encountered in other natural organic forms. That mistress orange, however, I will never forget. She came to me in a time when I needed her most, and memories of that sweet, beautiful orange marker will never leave me."

Submitted

I guess you'll be pretty sad if the Black & White theme wins :-).

Yeah :( maybe I'll just make the whole thing green and orange for myself, and change it to black & white at the last minute!

But you must always have a working model (as quoted in the rules) ;D

Noooooooooooooo! Only possible solution is I physically augment my eyes to see the colors black and white as orange and green. I would get used to it eventually and it would make reading newspapers much more exciting.

I might just have to grin and bear it though :/ you could always make some pretty fun shaders using black and white!

Hey, I'm Bob. Second jam I've taken part in, looking forward to getting started!

I'll be using eclipse, jenkins and maybe gimp :)

Hi,

I'm Daniel, coding cowboy at Robotality. Now usually I goof off during X-mas holidays for about two weeks. But this year, Mario comes along with this cruel idea to disturb my tradition.

Shame on you, Mario!

I'll be working solo. As I'm notoriously bad at anything art, I'll probably go with something low-poly & voxel-ish, using MagicaVoxel as the graphics tool of choice, plus anything freely available to create random noisiness. On the programming side it'll be libGDX desktop all the way down, using my very own libgdx-snippets library.

Submitted(+1)

Hi everyone,

I'm David, member of the Libgdx core team and main maintainer of Ashley, the ECS. Alberto will be joining me in the jam fun. We studied together back in Spain and we also wrote the Libgdx Cookbook.

We'll be using:

• Ashley
  • Inkscape
  • Some music or sfx generator
  • Might use Kenney's art for prototyping
  • Tiled (if tile based)
  • Spine (if we need animations)
Let's see how it turns out!

I cant wait to see what you make and thanks for writing the cookbook! Was wondering if i could buy the physical copy from somewere other then pakitpub they dont ship to p.o boxes ;(

Submitted

It's available on Amazon as well :-).

Also, abandon all hope on our quickly hacked together jam game!

Thanks!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hello fellow devs, artists, musicians, and game designers,

I'm Aaron, I've been using libgdx on & off for a couple years now. Excited to push for a 1 month development project with it. I will likely use box2d, tiled maybe, depends on the game i end up wanting to make. I'm not fully committed yet, as I want to be sure I have an idea I can really go forward with, vs working on one of my existing projects.

I'll be for certain using:

• IntelliJ
  • Manga Studio 5, or inkscape if i end up wanting vector
  • CFXR for sound effects.
  • Garage band for music, or maybe source some from open game art.
  • Ashley (just recently tried it, so awesome)
Submitted

Hi, I'm Nathan, a middle-aged dad from the midwest USA. Been programming my whole life, been interested in hobby game development the whole time. (Spent awhile doing Gameboy advance homebrew, then recently released an Android game with LibGDX). Honestly, between work, family, etc, I'm not sure if I'll have time this Christmas season to complete my jam game or not, but I'm going to try.

If so, I'll probably end up reusing a lot of code from my most recent Android game, including using Tiled for any map development, and hopefully grab plenty of assets from OpenGameArt.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what the rest of you come up with!

(1 edit)

Hello,

i'm Moataz, Computer Engineering student, this is my first jam ever.

i'll be using Krita and any tile map editor for art and Bfxr for sounds, and willing to discover more tools during the jam.

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 197 · Next page · Last page