Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Share Your Progress! Sticky

A topic by Second Dimension Games created Dec 17, 2020 Views: 3,437 Replies: 106
Viewing posts 51 to 70 of 70 · Previous page · First page

Progress is slow but sure.

Submitted(+1)

Hi, everyone! This is my first game jam and my first game i ever made. I've started learning Unity and creating this clicker about 2 months ago but take very long breaks. I've found this game jam and decide that it's good incentive to "finish" the game. Despite the simplicity of my game it's kinda fun to play (at least i enjoy it). Hope someone will play it and enjoy too :).

Submitted

I Finished and submitted my Game and here's a little video i made detailing the whole story behind it 

Deleted post
Submitted(+1)

Hey everybody,

i found this Game Jam in mid-January; with only about 18 days left to finish a project and submit it. i didn't have any big ideas at the time that I knew i could (fully) finish by the due date, but i'm happy to say that my first published project Gladiator is posted and submitted. it's not super high quality (i took a project that basically only had a first-person character controller in it that i started, like, 2 years ago) but being able to say that i'm a published game designer means a lot to me. And now that there's something in my dashboard to show off, i feel more incentivized to keep improving it even after the deadline is up.

i wanted to thank Second Dimension Games for hosting this jam and giving me a reason to dedicate this much time to designing Gladiator. Hope to have more games to manage in the future!

Link to Gladiator, if you wanted to try it out.

Submitted(+1)

My sequel's story being quite more based on phone-users than just computer/laptop gamers, still even being less about riddles (more storybased) & re-coded many parts, fixed some lines, fused additional ones ...especially when its about the tribute/reference to the main-game, including animals, food, plants, a focused building and mystery sequences.

Planning to include more food-types and about that building's room. Having an approx. suggestion where it could fit/fade-in, appear & get some hidden easter-eggs revealed if players know (played) its origin version.

(+1)

Hey, I'm making my first game (yay), lol. So I think this game jam is great! :D This has been good motivation so far.  Since there's only three days left and eight more levels to go, I doubt I'd make it but maybe I can make a late submission? :o

Cover image of my game

Well, this is what the game is called, haha. I plan to make it a web game (if it works anyway, hopefully it does it's not a big game) and you can optionally download it (if the web game is laggy or so or if you just want to). :) It's a simple color platformer where the player has a color which can be changed by orbs (the ones shown) and you can go through the same-colored tile (reasoning behind this was like a key to a door) and stand on it if you're a different color. It doesn't only apply to tiles, though, it also applies to hazards which will kill you if you're a different color. Then there are teleporters and switches which you need to be the same color as to use. There are a few slightly-difficult levels and some puzzle levels.

A lot of these games are great, though! :D Hopefully we can finish our games by the end of the month!

Submitted

I had a game idea but I had to abandon it and made a really good game in my opinion.

Deleted post

3D render art showcase!

Submitted

Please check out my FMV game I made for the jam https://itch.io/jam/finally-finish-something-2021/rate/893666

Submitted(+1)

Check it out! Can you beat the sqaure? Grab a friend and find out!

https://thesmetter.itch.io/sqaure

Submitted

I also managed to finish my prototype: https://itch.io/jam/finally-finish-something-2021/rate/903029 feel free to try it and please leave feedback in the comment section. I surely play your games as well!

Submitted (1 edit)

Probably I'm releasing my sequel after "FFS2021" ends, because 28th of feb was its planned date, while I'm excited to get it published earlier & still with a backstory to its date (first 14 days = valentine's day & next ones being the last day of the month in a whole year, which won't be 30 or 31 anyway). I've scripted some more lines, also possibly adding sounds later for (sequel 2 or 3+) I guess, also fused some thoughts e.g. referring to parts of games that didn't have a title or banner, both of them will get shaped like when coding the last sequences.

Also its theme rather won't fit to "planned for sharing since some time", rather just scripting my visuals as text and maybe another game-jam will suit or optionally just the upload-area/playlist-section on my itch-profile will be cool too. At least I like how my version seem to have different results, e.g. rather playable on laptops/computers than mobile-devices like touchphones. Still being open for teaming-up with testgamers and assisting in translations, while my game will refer to hovering = german description, visually mentioning its english lines there.

Recently also collaborated with itch-users who tested my game and double clicking on a mobile-device states to hovering with a mouse's pointer, while text-effects in colours will just appear as clicks. So if I script something as double-click or hovering, it varies how players would progress, same for input-sections & interactive lines which requires a keyboard. Still its codes getting updated as in-game paths during this jam being active and it refers as sequel to it's game that's released on "FFS 2021".

Submitted (1 edit)

Here's a link to the prototype I've created over the course of the FFS2021 jam.

https://itch.io/jam/finally-finish-something-2021/rate/879299

When it's eventually finished, it's going to be a fort-defense game where the player defends their base against waves of monsters each night, while daytime allows the player to gather resources and place simple traps. Due to pathfinding issues that are still being worked on, the monsters don't do anything yet, but the user interface is complete and the player's units are working as intended, able to move to wherever the player left-clicks and shooting at any enemy creatures in range.

The screenshot shows the fort as it currently exists, along with the user interface and the tutorial / hint / advice thing. One of the basic enemy types is hiding just below the alert indicator's text box. The GUI is still largely incomplete, evidenced by large parts of it being greyed out, but the code for it is entirely in place, I just need to develop the features the buttons will interact with and complete the border outlines. All selected units are represented by a little icon in the large box below the tab buttons, and they display their stats in the empty area below that.

Submitted(+1)

hallo everyone!!! this is my first jam and my first game!!! I am very happy becouse I finaly finished it. I started learning programming at the time of pandemic so I am begginer. 

Let me introduce my game ___ Cubert!!! It is 2d platformer with no jump Mechanich. Main charachter is RigidBody cube which can only move left and right. for climbing and jumping you can use Force of Bounce. There is screenshot.

Submitted (2 edits)

I hope you like my game! I'm so glad I finally managed to finish it. Please rate it!

im building my game engine for team survival! The engine is for the building parts of the game! Im building those parts to pc and Nintendo switch specs so i can do a pc and Nintendo port. This game will take 3 more years to finshes

(1 edit)

Entering the jam to show people the thing you want to finish doesn't HAVE to be a game. Planning to do a collection of icons.  2 icons per day, all with a different theme. I'll be streaming my process on twitch (link https://www.twitch.tv/osaka_productions) so feel to join the chat and critique me as I go.

I wish everyone good luck

-OSAKA-6

Viewing posts 51 to 70 of 70 · Previous page · First page