Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[ ! ] Pre-jam Introductions & Questionnaire! Sticky

A topic by lysander created Jul 05, 2018 Views: 3,079 Replies: 102
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 66 · Next page · Last page
Jam Host(+4)

Welcome to My First Game Jam: Winter 2018! For those of you just joining us, it's been a tradition to kick things off with a little getting-to-know-you questionnaire! For the first-time game developer, things can be pretty intimidating... which is why we want to show you you're not alone! This is not a required activity— it's just meant as a way to break into the community for returning jammers and newbies alike.

We'd love for you to share your influences, passions, and jam goals with the rest of us. Who knows — you might meet a potential team member, or even a new friend!

Onto the questions!

1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!

6. What are your goals for this game jam?

7. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?

8. If you're a returning jammer, what can the admins do to improve your jam experience?

(1 edit) (+4)

Thanks for organizing this Jam! I think this might be the right length for me to get the hang of a new skill and integrate that into my development pipeline. 

Hi, Im the dev over at Devil's Work.shop
I'm an experience designer with a background in animation and game art.  

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
No, this is my first time. I was looking for a jam as a starting point to work on a game and learn more programming. 

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I am always intrigued by games that have strong stories (Fallout, Stanley's Parable, etc). I might not have the skills to write out a good story, but I'd like to start work on a mini story-based game.  I might make a fan-based game for giggles, so I can focus on the programming more than the content. 

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
 I have been chipping away at learning some visual programming concepts using a bunch of tools (Scratch, The Foos) and would  like to test that skill with Construct 3. 

I am hoping to be a better story teller 

Learn how to build / publish a game using Construct 3

A) Create simple, small goals to hit during this jam
B) Finish your development even if this jam is over
C) Participate in the next Jam - you only get better and faster :) 

Host(+1)

hey devils workshop! i also looove narrative stories and truthfully a lot of my first games were small fan-games (and my first engines was construct 2!!) i'm really digging your realistic goals here--best of luck this jam!

Glad you think so - cheers :) 

(+4)

Hey, I'm Badger and I am new to coding and I only know C#. 

No, I didn't participate in the last jam. The reason joined was because I wanted my skills to get better and to have fun doing it.

Some of my favorite games are Grand Theft Auto V and Garry's Mod. None of them really inspired me to want to make games or really anything.

I have a little experience with game development, mostly from messing around and tutorials. So far I've only used Unity.

I'm passionate about having other people see what I've created.

My goals for this game jam is to have fun and to create a good game.

8. If you're a returning jammer, what can the admins do to improve your jam experience?

Hope everyone else has fun this game jam!

Host

hey badger! being active on the community and posting to the discord is a great way to get involved and allow other people to see what you're working on! best of luck this jam!

Host(+4)

hey! my name is j and my pronouns are they/them. i'm one of the co-hosts and i like to post on the community as much as i can.

my favorite games are kentucky route zero, fire emblem, bloodborne, and monster hunter world. my thesis was inspired by krz's visual style

i'm currently an associate technical artist at insomniac. if you have questions about getting started with shaders please feel free to reach out! you can dm me on discord or on twitter: https://twitter.com/jbtuason i have experience with UE4 but also some GLSL knowledge.

vintage anime! i wish jrpgs would dip back into the older 90s style because it's honestly gorgeous and i miss it so much.

i want to comment on every devlog!

it's ok to fail! take these two weeks as a time to let yourself mess up and try something out. a lot of my games are made with the successful pieces of many failed projects.

Hey J!  What are your favorite animes?  I cut my teeth on Trigun, Love Hina, Excel Saga, and my all-time favorite, The Slayers.

Host(+1)

haha not all of my favorites are classics/vintage. i really like uchouten kazoku, shinsekai yori, baccano, and noir.

I watched Baccano! around December and I loved it! Seriously doesn't get the attention it deserves

(+4)

Feel free just to refer to me as LV ((she/her)! I am also fine being referred to as whatever other names you may discover I am associated with (heh;;). I am not a programmer, but an artist that wants to get into game development. (You can see some of my work here)

I do not! I am simply a baby in this big scary world that wants to step my toes into this thing and see where it goes ( '  w  '  ;;)

The games I've always loved I think in some ways do influence what I want to make -stuff like dating sims, open world, fantasy etc

I have very little experience with game development, so I'm hoping this will be one of many other chances along the way to finally get into it.

Writing, anime, cute animal pictures-

To make something cool \(   '  w ')/

Host

hey LV! honestly all the stuff youre passionate about makes me rly excited to see what you'll create this jam--have you considered making a visual novel?

Something I've always wanted to do to be fair - specifically a super fleshed out one in the future! At the moment I just have a lot of things going on where I think it would be a better learning curve to me if I am able to work with someone~

Host

oh cool! i hope you can find a team or if you have already you get to learn a lot!

Heya. I came across your post and, though I know it's for an old Jam, I was wondering if you're still interested in giving one a shot? More specifically, I am thinking of entering the fantasy mini jam that starts in a week. You can see one of my works here www.indiedb.com/games/way-of-the-magi . What you can see there is a bit dated I'm afraid, but I ran into several issues that made uploading a newer version somewhat difficult(Don't trust steam cloud :p). I have continued to work and improve since then regardless.

Oh goodness! Time has passed and unfortunately Jams have come and gone, but I would be more than happy to possibly work with you in the future! Do reply whenever and I think we can work something out if you are still interested and I can provide you my contact details-

I stumbled onto your instagram as well, and your characters and animations are super cute! Let me know if you need someone to help you get started in Ren'Py or a similar low-coding Visual Novel framework, because your artwork needs to be in games.

As replied above, I totally am still open to working with anyone interested! Thank you so much - I am flattered, really! 

(+3)

Howdy, my name is Peckan! I've followed a few tutorials in the past, but have a bad memory so I've retained like none of what I learned.

I have signed up for these kinds of jams in the past, but never actually participated in any because I lost focus and drive. Trying really hard to change that this time!

My favorite games are Bloodborne, classic 3D Platformers like Banjo Kazooie/Donkey Kong 64, and the Pokemon franchise. I've always wanted to try making games and would love to make things like my listed favorites, but most of my inspiration comes from watching indie dev friends making their games.

I've dabbled lightly in the past with Game Maker, Unity and RPG Maker, but as I said in my intro I struggle to retain what I've learned. So I would say going into this I'm basically a blank slate.

To make something with a start, middle and end no matter how good or bad. Not just bits and pieces of ideas with no meaning or purpose.

Host(-1)

hey peckan! ohhh short term memory is a HUGE mood haha. also god bloodborne is one of my top favorite games ever. best of luck with creating your game this jam! from the "beginning, middle, end" i'm guessing you are aiming for something more narrative?

I’m not sure if it’ll be a narrative game, but most of what I’ve made in the past was like... say an extremely basic platformer movement system with no levels or goals. Never a game, just pieces of one. But this time I really want to make a full experience!

(gosh bloodborne is just so freaking good! I love it so much that I’ll probably sound like a crazy person for saying this, but it’s the game I play to help myself chill and relax lol)

Submitted(+4)

I'm Sam! I want to tell stories, and Twine is the tool I use (twice a year) to do it with. 

Yes, and the one before that! Last time, I totally forgot I'd signed up for the jam and ended up starting five days late, so, like, I would like to not do that this time. Also, I want to try something a little more complicated than "short story with some conditional formatting" this time around.

- I played Fallen London back when it was Echo Bazaar, and Sunless Sea is my Mega Chill game, and I absorbed a lot of them both. You can probably feel it.
- The Dragon Ages. Does it inspire me? Yes. Did it inspire in me the desire to make my own game? Not really. 
- Pyre. Very inspirational. 
- I've also been playing a lot of tabletop games in the last year, and those assuredly feed into the Creative Process

No, aside from this jam. 

Hey I get really excited about plate tectonics. Do you want to know about plate tectonics? Let me tell you some facts about plate tectonics. 

Do something more complicated with twine than I have. My touchstone here is Porpentine's "howling dogs"--not the thing itself (okay, a little bit the thing itself) but the way the game plays. Can I do that in fourteen days, five of which I will not have access to an actual computer? Who knows! We'll figure out. 

7. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?
Perfect is the enemy of done. Fuck it, it's good enough. No one is judging you. Everyone is far too busy to judge you. 

Naw, you guys are good. 

Host(-1)

hey sam! haha it's really great to see you back!! i actually keep meaning to play pyre (and it may mostly be because of the neutral pronouns). i haven't finished howling dogs but wow i'm loving what i see of it so far.

(also your advice is sooo spot on!! haha)

Submitted

Hey J!!! Great to be participating again! 

The other great thing about Pyre and pronouns is that you can also change them at any point in the story in the settings, no questions, no comments from your companions; I discovered this because I accidentally picked the wrong ones and hoo boy was that a very uncomfortable five minutes of my life.  Also howling dogs blew my entire mind when I read it, it's so good..........

Host

oh whoa??? that's even better :0 !!! i wish all games had instant gender change options... it's honestly such a bummer when they don't. also nice! i'll put it on my list.

(+4)

I'm Trenton, and I'm interested in getting into game dev. I've got experience with coding and audio (I'm a musician), but I want to learn more about game art. 

This is my first time. I want to motivate myself to "finish" a project, even if it's a small prototype.

Inspirations: Undertale (music), Paper Mario series (story & gameplay), Hyper Light Drifter (art & music), Stardew Valley (art), Thimbleweed Park (art),  Sunless Sea (story)

I have dabbled in GMS2 and Unity. I made a breakout/pong mashup for a previous game jam — that's my only finished project. I also wrote a chess engine in Java, so that's kinda like a game?

I'm passionate about telling stories, especially ones that have a positive impact on people and can start an important conversation. 

Make something playable, beatable, and fun!

From my "experience" in one previous game jam, these are good opportunities to pinpoint gaps in your knowledge + skills — and fill them! The last (and only other, lmao) game jam I entered also helped em develop a game-making workflow, and I'm transitioning from "what does this button do" to prototyping a game fairly quickly. 

N/A

Host(-1)

hi trenton! good luck with finishing something (a prototype is a perfect goal to aim for honestly haha) also i loooove hyper light drifter both for its music and art.

aaaa reading your comment on being passionate about stories that have positive + transformative impact honestly is rly moving because i feel the same way and the way you worded it makes me really hype about narratives!! i'm excited to see what you do this jam!

(2 edits) (+2)

Hi, my names Nyx, i'm an artist and i've always wanted to try to make a game so here I am. (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

No I haven't but the reason for me joining is that I love to play games and I thought I should try it out.

I love adventure, fantasy, mystery, visual novels, basically a lot of different games. (^v^)

I don't have any experience with game engines but I do know a little bit of python.

Drawing, reading, gaming, etc.

Make a short game that is very decent and working. ( ¬‿¬)

Host

hi nyx! we're glad to have you. i also use python quite a bit--if you're thinking of making a VN have you considered trying out ren'py?

(+1)

Yes I'm going to be trying it out for this game jam, I'm really excited :D

Host

oh perfect! i really love working with ren'py and queenie (one of the returning jammers and mods on the discord!) is also really proficient with it so if you have any questions def seek her out ;9

I will thank you <3

(+2)

Heyo, I'm Kennedy! I'm an amateur game developer looking to iron out my skills and hopefully be able to eventually finish and release my larger game project.

I did not, but I'm joining now because I'd love to try to learn about new things I may not have known, whilst also finally finishing a project! (I have quite a few difficulties with sticking with an idea and tend to lose interest)

I'm in love with any games that are atmospheric and heavy on story or hint at a story like FAR: Lone Sails, VA-11 Hall-A, The Final Station, SOMA, and so on. Most of them have inspired me to work on my primary game project which will be similar in style to a lot of them. Naturally however, I also like a plethora of other games, anything ranging from big AAA RPGs, to the sweetest of indie games. Ni No Kuni 2 and A Hat in Time are among my favourites!

I'm often told I'm really skilled, but I still say that I'm a serious amateur when it comes to game development as I've never really produced anything particularly playable. I've been messing with game development on and off over the last decade or so (and I mean really on and off), in engines like Unity, GameMaker, Unreal 4. Most of the ideas I've had have been small projects that I didn't stick with for over a week - ideas like a procedurally generated multiplayer RTS, a side-scrolling post-apocalyptic train management game, or a first-person cooking game.

The one project I keep going back to is the one I'm trying to work on currently, a sci-fi first-person atmospheric puzzle game, which I've spent about maybe 2 weeks total on, and barely have anything to show for it... But I'm motivated to mayhaps push it to completion someday!

Coming up with ideas for games that are new and unique, whilst also being familiar to most people, telling stories without dialogue, creating atmospheric and calm but lived in worlds. Basically, what most indie devs seem to thrive for!

Learning new skills, systems and tricks relating to Unity, Blender, Substance Suite, and game development in general (since almost everything I know is from experimentation on my own), and hopefully finally finishing a project as I've yet to even get close!

Submitted(+1)

I've got the same problem. I'll work on a project for like three or four days, then lose all motivation to work on it! Then it just sits there, for months, alone, unfinished, cold, hungry. Wishing for the sweet release of deletion. But it will never come...

Wow that escalated quickly... lol!

Btw I don't know if "telling stories without dialogue" is your idea or not. but if it is. Noice! I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. Lol

Host(+1)

hi kennedy! sticking with an idea without losing interest is definitely i struggle with as well. i think a jam can be a great opportunity to have some accountability while also being inspired and motivated by people around you--i'm wishing you the best of luck!

also I LOVE va-11 hall-a and soma. the world in both of those games have just been sooo... **chef fingers** they definitely feel like they're just  a small window to something much bigger that exists beyond. i'm really excited about everything you've talked about so i can't wait to see what you're up to in the next two weeks!

(+2)

I'm not going to go throughout the whole questions thing. I'm here just to say have fun and learn something new :)

(+1)

1. Hi! I’m Sunny :)

2. I’ve never done a game jam before but since I’m new to game developing I thought I’d give it a go! 

3. My favourite games at the moment are Undertale, The Last Guardian and Detroit: Become Human. Undertale is definately inspiration material and is pretty much the game that got me into gaming/development. 

4. I have limited experience with game development, but I’ve used Twine and Unity (and Reaper, as I’m primarily into sound design). 

5. I’m passionate about performing: singing, dancing and acting.  :D

6.  One simple goal for this game jam is to just get another game on my page and have fun while doing it!

Submitted(+1)

Hi my name is Milan. I'm a newbie game dev, have a couple of years of experience with programming but have always wanted to get into game making.

This is my first jam of any kind.

Age of Empires series, Stronghold Crusader, and many other strategy games, I also like city building games like SimCity 4 and Cities: Skylines.

Not much.

Gaming, programming, manga/anime, good stories.

I joined this jam to get into game making and met new people.

(+1)

Greetings. My name is Seik Sugaloth.

I remember seeing one of these jams in the past, and I might have joined, but I didn't submit anything because I'm still new to this. I really want to get into game creation, and this looks like a great place to start.

Favorite games? Err... Undertale? I really like some of the mechanics, and have my own interesting take on the combat system. Basically, I enjoy anything with a good story line and multiple endings.

Eh, not really. I have tried my hand with using Bitsy, but most of the time I just try building games using JavaScript.

Potatoes. I literally have a plush potato sitting on my desk.

Actually finish a good game, and gain confidence in this area.

Submitted

I want you to know that all it took for me to follow you was to know that you had a plush potato. 

I need that in my life... lol!

(1 edit)

Hi, I'm Queenie! I'm an illustrator, a Renp'y Ho, and I help mod the MFGJ discord server.

I did not participate last time, but I've participated in older MFGJs in the past. I probably won't make a game this time either, I'm mostly here to hang out, and help answer some questions and things :)

Ace Attorney series, Paper Mario TTYD, Zero Escape series, Yakuza, etc etc. VN games like Ace Attorney, 999, Dangan Ronpa, We Know the Devil, and more have inspired me to make my own.

I'm a certified Renp'y Ho (ie. i've googled dozens of different lemmasoft threads) and I've worked on a few shipped indie games doing 2D assets and concept art.

VNs, art, and that good gay shit. And Dua Lipa music videos.

To keep participating in the community, help people out, and do my part to help keep MFGJ a fun and safe space for everyone B)

Limit your scope (please) and have fun!! Don't worry if you don't finish within the jam time, it's all a learning experience \o/

Memorial service for sproutbot :(

(nah, admins are great)

(+1)

Hello! I am Mauricio, but you can call me Mauri! I use he/him pronouns and I like to have fun. I am just a fellow jammer and this is my first time trying to finally complete a videogame! I've been looking forward to this for so long and I am so thrilled to finally have a chance to participate!

I did not! My reason for joining is that well, college is closer and I want to hone my skills so I can come well seasoned, you know? I also would love to interact more with the people in the game development community, and start making some friends and connections. I also just love seeing people's work!

My favorite game is absolutely Earthbound, because of the dialogue, and how it truly hit me and changed me because of the time I played it. It is also a very solid RPG and I just absolutely love it! Other games I like, would be Fallout: NV, Fallout 4, Firewatch, Dishonored and Sonic games. :-)

They absolutely inspired me as they have changed me so much, let me figure out what I truly want to do and were just really really fun to play.

I have experimented with GameMaker Studio 2 a bit, and I am currently taking a ZBrush course for 3D Sculpting! I have made tiny experiments for small games in GameMaker Studio 2, but have never really made anything...finished.

Well, I love finding out more about my culture and always enjoy learning new things! I am SUPER passionate about Earthbound, videogames (duh) and how they can give others a positive message and allow people to grow. Some random things I am ODDLY passionate about are (and these were listed by a friend): COWBOYS, disco music, Grace Jones, the 90's club scene and sports!

Nurturing my creative spirit and developing my abilities to the max! And also meeting new people and engaging a lot with you all. 

(I know I'm trying to have proper grammar and everything here but rest assured I am way less uptight and type in all lowercase letters when you talk to me. I am so sorry. My Discord is mauri#2924)

(2 edits) (+1)

Hello! My name's Rahul and I'm a senior Computer Science undergrad from India.

No, but I did participate in Summer last year. That was my first ever time making a game. I'd joined a couple of others since that, but only ended up submitting 1 more game.

My favourite games are mostly from the Strategy genre. I do like a bit of immersion/survival here and there (like The Long Dark or a heavily modded Skyrim), but I find that it's games like FTL (a legendary game this!), X-COM (RNGod bless you) and Into The Breach (Pacific Rim Chess) that keep me hooked for hours on end. And it's these that inspired me to join my first game jam.

I have created 2 games so far, both in the Godot Game engine (Support Open Source, people!). My first game was a turn-based one, which had the player moving across a chess-like board killing spiders in some godforsaken forest. The second was my attempt at a tower-defense game, but with the additional challenge of keeping the summoner(who summons defenses) awake for the fight.

Computers! And making them do stuff through languages. Just thinking about the processor gets me all philosophical about the human brain.

The Universe and it's physics! Somewhere around high school, I started to get really into Astrophysics and stuff.

I blog about video games, and dabble in some pixel-art from time to time.

It's been more than half a year since I even touched a game engine. Seems like my productivity rises after every Summer, and falls back in Feb.

So, my goal here is to get back to it. Planning the design and development process is something I miss.

Since everyone's already mentioned the scope thing, I'd like to say that planning is important, especially if you're short on time. A lot can be accomplished in 2 days, but not if you spend too much time perfecting the UI.

Also, a coding tip: Proceed step by step, testing everything as you go. The last thing you want is to write pages and modules of code and get a Segmentation Fault at the end of it all.

Nothing need be done. The experience is wonderful as is :)

Submitted(+2)

Hello, I'm Jb. Sometimes I do music and write stories.  I am a newcomer in game dev and coding stuff. I love learning, and sharing the few things I know. 

This is my first jam and I'm really excited to discover this new world!

I love games with strong mechanics and gameplay, like Celeste or super meat boy or the mario series, portal, etc. I also like rogue like/lite games(ftl, binding of isaac). I play any type of games, I like to be surprise by a story, a music. For the inspiration, it's very large but one day, I want to create something like The legend of Zelda: Link to the past.

I've been testing game maker for a couple months (2/3) and reading some zine about pico-8. Very little experience.

Music and movies.  Speedrunning. When my brain have a good idea and i'm trying to sleep.

Create a really short and playable game. Share some ideas. Meeting people. And have fun.

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Heya! I'm Myc, i program as a living but first time doing videogames.  

First Jam, some friends told me and we create a team. I think the Jam and having a start-finish date it's what i need to start something. Also lot of resources and good people to learn :D

Final fantasies (Tactics too), Golden Suns, Disgaeas, and Civ III could be my favourites. Games who made me want make my own mostly, i have to say a lot of indie games i played in PC, like VA-11 HALL-A, show me there is a chance i can make a game people will like to play.

Experience with development, but not game development. Started a game in RPGmaker some years ago.

Love IA, Videogames and Jokes!

Gain some traction with my team, learn stuff and finish a small-game so we can start something bigger (or extend the smallgame).

8. If you're a returning jammer, what can the admins do to improve your jam experiencด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้

(+1)

Hello! I'm Harry! I usually make shonky prototypes of games, never finishing them. However, I do sometimes focus on a thing that I do believe is massive. I'm sure I have 4 playable games somewhere on my hard-drive.

I did join last time! I joined a team but unfortunately, the whole team fell apart, and we couldn't finish our game.

Some of my favourites are First Person Shooters, and the totally-unique-not-stolen Battle Royale genre. I also love Sandbox games, like GMod and Arma 3!

I use to dabble with Unity and other popular engines, but I opted out of those because C# was so hard to me in my mind. I currently use Godot 3.0.x and I love it to bits ^~^

Game Development... Duh...

All seriousness though, I don't mind playing games! I love playing them as I do making them!

I'm not participating, because I have way too many projects on my hands, and I do like the chance to start early.

You don't have to plan once the jam starts. Plan earlier! Not only does it help you think about your game, but it helps understand what others think about your game, and what functions they need.

See you later, and have a good one!

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 66 · Next page · Last page