Game jam intro
1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hi, I’m Tulani and I love drawing, comics, and storytelling. I’m also a fan of cats, flowers, and stuffed animals.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
This is my first time participating. I’m joining this jam to improve my coding skills and make my first game. I might use Twine since I’m familiar with HTML and CSS. I also want to practice my design, narrative, and illustration skills.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I love Life is Strange, Butterfly Soup, and plenty of other indie visual novels. I also enjoy playing Final Fantasy and Ni No Kuni. VNs and RPGs have inspired me to make interactive stories and to improve my drawing skills.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I don’t have game dev experience.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I love comics!! Especially webcomics like This is Not Fiction by Nicole Mannino and On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden. My faves are really cute and really gay.
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
My goal is to make a short story in visual novel form with a simple custom GUI, a storyline with two endings, and original illustrations. I also want to meet new peeps and enjoy the experience.