The app lets you test your own games — grab it here and test them now: https://itch.io/app
First, don't use RAR.
Second, tag your uploads by checking those boxes in the game edit page:
If you only see an earth icon next to your games, that's because there's no download tagged for your platform.
Use shift-click to explore an installed directory, and alt-click to view a download/install log.
- zipped directory with .exe / .bat + resources with all required .DLLs
- or: InnoSetup / NSIS / MSI installer / InstallShield self-extracting archive (not recommended)
- zipped .app bundle
- or: shell script / binary (not recommended)
- read this thread: https://github.com/itchio/itch/issues/86
- MojoSetup is supported as of v0.12.1
- chroots are your friends until we put up a base runtime
- build on an old-ish ubuntu (12.04 LTS?) so you don't run into GLIBC version problems
- when in doubt, hire Ethan to do your port for you, he does good work.
When launching, the shortest path usually wins (until we get manifest support) — there's no 32/64-bit preference.
If you still have questions after reading all the above, don't hesitate to report stuff on GitHub issues — it's by far the most efficient way for me to fix it. Thanks!