How does Itch app handle purchase tiers? Can I somehow set up a file (for example a level pack) with minimum price that gets automatically installed to game directory for users that have access to it?
Recent community posts
Alpha version 0.0.9 is out! Here's what's new:
- Improved game logo.
- Added enemy mother ship as a new enemy in survival mode.
- Enabled biased mipmaps for font textures to allow smoother fonts.
- Increased background color brightness and limited randomization to bluish hues.
- Added long aim indicator line to disruptor for easier aiming.
- Added flash particles on beam weapon activation.
- Plasma beam and disruptor now slightly home in on nearby objects.
- Added support for control using dpad buttons on gamepads.
- Added steering acceleration to digital control from mobile application.
Alpha version 0.0.8 is here. Here's the change log:
- Fixed once active players always showing up in match results even when not playing.
- Added new weapon: Autocannon.
- Improved collision particle effects and sounds.
- Open the menu automatically when the game starts.
- Added intro music in menu.
- Made respawn timer count down instead of restarting from zero when button is released.
- Added QR code links to mobile application downloads in the settings menu.
- Fixed menu font not using proper aspect ratio.
- Increased maximum ship velocity by 20%.
- Fixed unintentional ship angular speed limitation when using directional controllers.
- Increased ship thruster forces slightly.
- Enlarged drone collision models to make them easier to hit.
- Increased the brighthess of the directional base light source slightly.
- Fixed active player controls getting stuck when menu is opened.
- Fade menu and player labels smoothly in and out.
- Added a game logo in menu.
- Added title music in menu.
- Added menu action sounds.
- Pause match with active players while menu is open.
- Added monitor gamma setting to system settings menu.
Alpha version 0.0.7 is now available. Here are changes from previous version:
- Added large slow-moving asteroids in the background.
- Added training/survival co-op game mode.
- Require holding down shoot button to respawn to prevent accidental controller activations.
- Added auto-rotation to pause mode (press R).
- Moved screenshot saving to a separate thread (no frame drops).
- Added milliseconds to screenshot file names to prevent duplicate names.
- Weapons no longer shoot in paused mode.
- Improved quality of glow/bloom post-processing effect.
- Shortened disruption time caused by EMP blast and disruptor.
- Prevented missiles from locking on to teammates.
- Increased damage caused by plasma bursts.
- Increased disruptor recharge delay and heat production.
- Limited plasma beam usage to 20 seconds in total.
- Added a bit more particles to explosions.
- Added new better thruster sound loop for player ships.
- Added blue engine glow to player ship models.
- Preload all resources at game start to prevent stuttering during gameplay.
- Fixed broken fallback video mode selection when monitor does not support set resolution.
- Adjusted match completion labels to take less horizontal space.
New alpha version 0.0.6 is now available. Here are the changes from previous version:
- Increased EMP light flash intensity and range.
- Added shooting with gamepad right stick button too.
- Added dynamic lights to plasma burst explosions.
- Transfer heat from warhead (missiles) explosions to nearby ships.
- Ship explosion disrupts other nearby ships for a while.
- Fixed warhead explosion sound never getting played.
- Added ambient sound loop played in the background.
- Added match completion music.
- Save screenshots with ENTER key during gameplay too.
- Slow down sound effects as time slows down.
- Keep controllers enabled after match completion.
- Fixed only some parts of HUD blinking during disruption.
- A new weapon: Disruptor.
- Fixed missiles turning very slowly if target is behind them.
- Removed "slide prevention" controller option.
- Fade out thruster sounds and lights smoothly.
Hyper Ultra Astronautics
Hyper Ultra Astronautics is a fast-paced competitive local multiplayer space arena shooter for up to 16 players on the same Windows or Linux PC. Play using keyboard, mouse or gamepads. Or join the match using your mobile phone (Android only for now) as controller.
Note: The game is still in active development. The available alpha version is fully playable, but it does not represent finished game content or quality.
I develop this game alone so I rarely have chances to properly test it with multiple players. I need your help here. Any feedback will be highly appreciated!
Public alpha version 0.0.5 is available. Here's the change log:
- Scale ship and power-up labels to same on-screen size independent of arena size.
- Fixed random freezes.
- Added team deathmatch game mode.
- Improved match completion label placement.
- Dead ships no longer collect power-ups.
- Prevented ships from collecting power-up while disrupted by EMP.
- Allow controller app reconnection without losing stats (e.g. after phone call).
- Added random asteroids to arena already when match starts.
- Reworked asteroid spawning to better maintain set asteroid density in the arena.
- Adjusted match default settings (more asteroids).
- Lighting improvements and optimizations.
- Fixed missing (or discolored) application icon.
- Show random tips at bottom of screen when a match starts.
A new alpha version 0.0.4 has been uploaded. Here's the change log:
- A new weapon: Telefragger.
- Added pause mode with free camera control (aka photo mode).
- Made keyboard controller steering acceleration exponential to ease accurate aiming.
- Tweaked ship steering to stop rotation a bit faster when controls are released.
- Fixed bad bullet billboard orientation in certain camera angles.
- Added a little random variation to total number of stars in the background.
- Toned down the global reverb effect on audio.
- Enabled anti-aliasing by default.
- Fixed particle distortion effects not fading out smoothly.
- Removed teleport trails and tweaked teleport in/out particle effects.
- Multithreading improvements.
- Fixed random crashes when game fails to start (exit gracefully instead).
- New EMP wave effect.
- Increased EMP range and disruption duration.
- New shoot sound for scatter gun.
- Slowed down missiles a bit.
- Fade out missile thruster sounds as they fly outside arena.
- Fixed Wine compatibility (tested on Linux, should work on OSX too).
- Fixed anti-aliasing on Windows.
- Made missiles continuously search targets if none is found at launch.
I just uploaded a new alpha version 0.0.3. Here's what's new:
- Added weapon aim indicators to HUD.
- Made EMP disruption stronger and decreased its range a bit.
- Visual improvements to virtual joystick in the mobile controller application.
- Added health and temperature bar gauges in the mobile controller application.
A new alpha version 0.0.2 is now available. Here's the change log:
- A new weapon: Plasma burst.
- Much better gamepad compatibility on Windows (XInput).
- Added gamepad hot-plugging support.
- Added support for four gamepads (up from two).
- The game window no longer jumps outside screen when clicking its border in Windows.
- Added proper window and application icons.
- Added option to disable a gamepad or manually set gamepad type.
- Improved ship label positioning at match start.
- Fixed player labels randomly following wrong objects.
- Check for updates when the game starts (at most once a day).
- Fixed slow moving projectiles randomly passing through objects.
- Fixed respawn labels not always showing up when a controller is reconnected.
I really need your feedback on this. I have been developing this game alone for some time now and although it is a multiplayer game, there have only been a few test sessions with actual multiple players.
Most of the game mechanics are there, but obviously there is a lot of tweaking and fine-tuning to do. At this point the content is very limited. There are only five collectible items in addition to the default weapon. Fear not, a lot more is coming.
Give it a go and let me know what you think! All feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Hello everyone, my name is Mikko. I'm a hobbyist indie game developer from Finland. I have been making games as a hobby for over 20 years now. My favorite genre is local multiplayer shooters and most of my games over the years fit in that category.
I have currently one game available here on itch.io. It is my latest finished game project called Lockdown Protocol: http://fractilegames.itch.io/lockdown-protocol
I really like itch.io and I'm excited to see it growing into a community!