Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

itch app Development

Topics

This forum is used for the purpose of monitoring (and encouraging!) development of the app with the community. You are allowed to post topics to make suggestions or report issues, and the usual rules of the community still apply.

View this community's rules...

Rules

Discussion and questions about the itch.io desktop app only! If you have other questions then they probably belong in Questions & Feedback

You can see more about our app here: https://itch.io/app

If you're having trouble with installing the app then please try again with your virus scanner (temporarily) disabled. Adding an exception to your scanner is not enough since it's easy to miss adding rules to certain paths, or to misunderstand how the virus scanner exception options work. We will not provide support for installation issues unless you have confirmed that you have disabled your virus scanner. Please write in your post that you have disabled it.

411 topics · Next page
Topic
Last post
You can help by translating itch to your language here: https://weblate.itch.ovh/projects/itchio/itch/ Instructions You...
started by Amos Dec 17, 2015 Last page
79 replies
DEB & RPM policy Some games on itch.io ship with a .deb or .rpm package file. However, itch (the desktop app) , does not...
started by Amos Jan 15, 2016
7 replies
This post used to contain specific advice, but we now have a fully-fledged guide instead! Read the Game developer quicks...
started by Amos Dec 17, 2015 Last page
48 replies
I'm not getting the itch api key (and expiration) environment variables, tested on two Windows machines running app vers...
started by AlterHowdegen 8 days ago
7 replies
dear itch tech team. First I want to say thanks for provide a awesome platform for indie-game developers. May I ask is t...
started by Mr.Ryu 9 days ago
2 replies
Hey, I saw this was discussed a few years ago, but the discussion was archived. With the Steam Deck coming up in a few m...
started by buckysrevenge 47 days ago
1 reply
Hey folks, I'm a blind screen reader user wanting to make the app more accessible. Right now it works well enough, but t...
started by thewordnerd 46 days ago
No replies yet
I'm trying to follow the guides on how to use a manifest to get access to a ITCHIO_API_KEY inside a HTML5 game hosted on...
started by danogster Jul 08, 2021
1 reply
I am trying to allow access to a small group of people to a game through the itch.io app. I've tried setting it to restr...
started by kippiegames 88 days ago
4 replies
This seems very overkill for a client app
started by Atirut-W 89 days ago
3 replies
Games exported from Godot use "SharedArrayBuffer", which has specific security requirements per the spec. Specifically...
started by Saoshyant 89 days ago
1 reply
Having somewhat of a similar problem to this poster: https://itch.io/t/301007/it-appears-that-my-library-was-wiped-upon-...
started by kdschar Jun 27, 2021
2 replies
It worked fine for 4 days but today it shows this. Help
started by Vineeth Jun 05, 2021
1 reply
Is there any argument I can pass to the desktop executable to make it launch a game directly? I want to add desktop menu...
started by astrosticks Jun 23, 2021
1 reply
I saw a little message saying that there was a new version available, so I clicked it, pressed "restart now" and the app...
started by Leositor May 19, 2021
4 replies
In my game (still in development), I use the " https://itch.io/api/1/jwt/me " call together with the ITCHIO_API_KEY envi...
started by Drunken Angel Entertainment Jun 13, 2021
No replies yet
I develop mainly browser games with just javascript. Most games run fine, but sometimes i have some smaller bugs, which...
started by supernapie Jun 09, 2021
2 replies
when i go into the itch.io app, and i click install on a game, the game won't download and only says "Queued". Anyone ha...
started by Frinkles May 13, 2021
5 replies
I was messing around with the settings, and after changing the language a few times, the entire window went blank. I've...
started by Doctor Ramen Feb 20, 2021
7 replies
Hey folks, feature suggestion for the itch app. It'd be nice if we could specify a channel as a beta or test channel to...
started by Nikkolai Davenport May 17, 2021
No replies yet
Hello, I can install it (both files, the source files should be available only for those who purchased it) but can't pla...
started by A. L. Neto Apr 29, 2021
4 replies
Hello i need help to implements a feature on my application. I want to enable user to login whit Itch.io, and check if t...
started by Thejuster Apr 22, 2021
1 reply
This issue is specific to the itch app, and occurs when launching WebGL builds made with Unity 2020 and 2021 (Decompress...
started by Nikkolai Davenport May 09, 2021
1 reply