Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

itch app Development

Topics

This forum is used for the purpose of monitoring (and encouraging!) development of the app with the community. You are allowed to post topics to make suggestions or report issues, and the usual rules of the community still apply.

View this community's rules...

Rules

Discussion and questions about the itch.io desktop app only! If you have other questions then they probably belong in Questions & Feedback

You can see more about our app here: https://itch.io/app

If you're having trouble with installing the app then please try again with your virus scanner (temporarily) disabled. Adding an exception to your scanner is not enough since it's easy to miss adding rules to certain paths, or to misunderstand how the virus scanner exception options work. We will not provide support for installation issues unless you have confirmed that you have disabled your virus scanner. Please write in your post that you have disabled it.

469 topics · Next page
Topic
Last post
You can help by translating itch to your language here: https://weblate.itch.ovh/projects/itchio/itch/ Instructions You...
started by Amos Dec 17, 2015 Last page
88 replies
DEB & RPM policy Some games on itch.io ship with a .deb or .rpm package file. However, itch (the desktop app) , does not...
started by Amos Jan 15, 2016
13 replies
This post used to contain specific advice, but we now have a fully-fledged guide instead! Read the Game developer quicks...
started by Amos Dec 17, 2015 Last page
48 replies
I just grabbed the itch-setup and it's not running. Tried running again in ~/itch. The window opens and immediately clos...
started by Pelatho 17 days ago
1 reply
i changed language and now it fucked i reinstall after deleting itch file in appdata and some people that had this probl...
started by ididcbt 12 days ago
No replies yet
I have disabled my virus scanner (Windows Defender only) and the issues have not changed. I'm currently experiencing a l...
started by sinecostan 14 days ago
No replies yet
I'm publishing my hockey game for both Windows and Quest. I'm using Unity w/SuperUnityBuild & Butler to upload both vers...
started by argentpanthers 30 days ago
2 replies
Hi guys! I am new to itch.io but recently I realized my page got quarantined because it said my game has "malware". I am...
started by MewTooth Speaker 45 days ago
2 replies
Hello, In the past I've been successfully using the API when running from the app (HTML5 game), testing for the Itch obj...
started by sylefeb 44 days ago
No replies yet
when i go to download the itch.io app when it gets to the finalizing part it just errors out. can i get help with this
started by trevorm05 44 days ago
No replies yet
having problems,how do i fix??
started by Gannibal 68 days ago
2 replies
So far, the application has functioned wonderfully, but there are some things that i think could be made better. For exa...
started by simon12mm 80 days ago
No replies yet
I think we can respect users' `$HOME` directories and try not to pollute it with extra directories. All we would need to...
started by jboogy 90 days ago
No replies yet
Well, the title says it all, when installing the app in Manjaro, just after the connection screen, i get stuck on the ca...
started by Clino Mar 18, 2022
8 replies
Every so often, after a computer restart, itch won't work correctly. It says "Finalizing Installation", then eventually...
started by Rainbowmon of the Care-monic Spirits Jun 18, 2022
3 replies
I went to the app settings and I accidentally changed the language from English to Spanish (I think). Next thing I know...
started by enevolep Apr 15, 2022
4 replies
The app was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now whenever I open it, it opens, but the screen doesnt pop up, only t...
started by Thefoxmoonlight 98 days ago
No replies yet
I have this in my mind and i want to see if i can make a Game Background By Using Game Devs Content Warnings Do You Like...
started by Subfly Squirrel Productions Jun 19, 2022
1 reply
I cannot get past the captcha screen because all it's showing is a textbox
started by Hexadecimal Dev Jun 16, 2022
6 replies
Would a grid-based view for collections ever be considered over the current vertical list? I’m on an ultrawide monitor...
started by Sciman101 Jun 14, 2022
2 replies
I was looking at the settings for the app, and decided to mess with the language settings. After I switched to a certain...
started by balt Jun 10, 2022
1 reply
When I am on the app, the pictures will not show.
started by Cdub11 May 28, 2022
No replies yet
So before I found out about the app, I used to just download the games and installed them into a folder on an external d...
started by BirdBirdBirdBird May 23, 2022
No replies yet