Play gameBeacon's itch.io page
Ranked from 57 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
How does your submission match the theme?
[space/enter] = jump (with small speed boost) + doublejump
Fastest phase (glowing 'goblet') = by jumping, you leave yourself powerups on the Mobius strip for your next lap
Powerup = boost + remove obstacles nearby
Highlighted stairs = your 'progress'/'speed', you gradually speed up until you reach the top, you slow down when you hit an obstacle
Obstacles = block path (if you run into them) or boost you (if you jump on top of them)
Goal = relaxation... No score, no ending, no external rewards. Sorry to those who seek that in a game ;)
I tried to give more functionality to the one input in the game, not only by incorporating classic speed boost + doublejump, but also connecting it with the weirdness of Mobius strip in the later phase, were you also drop powerups for yourself (your next lap) by jumping. You can also use the objects that block your path to your adventage, by using them as trampoline. Plus some additional information is encomposed in the 'environment' by highlights, as well as height encoded in the colors (so you know when going down or uphill which varies the speed) - so that every part of the presentation has some use to it.
- ProBuilder - editor plugin for modelling directly inside Unity
- ShaderForge - editor plugin, a node based shader editor for quick shader prototyping
- MasterAudio - for including sound and music to the game
- FXPro - postprocess effects which I had to use, since built-in Unity postprocesses had visual glitches in the resulting image :( Used mainly for bloom+vignette effects/color tweaks
- SFX (due to not enough remaining time) were picked from the pack "Gamemaster Audio - Pro Sound Collection" (not the ingame music though)
Apart from the aforementioned used resources, everything in the game (shaders, models, code, music) was made for this jam by myself.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.