Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

itch.io tips

Topics

Share and find tips for using itch.io. This board is for smaller pieces of information or frequently asked questions. As always, you can find our full documentation on our docs section.

View this community's rules…

Rules

Please only post tips for using itch.io only. If there's already a topic with your tip your topic will be closed. Additionally, a moderator may decide to merge your tip with another topic to make the board easier to navigate.

This board is not for asking questions or getting support, but for sharing solutions to problems you have solved and wish to tell others about.

If you need to ask a question or get support you can try the Questions & Support board.

If you're looking to post general game development tips try the General Development board.

91 topics · Next page
Topic
Last post
You can embed YouTube and Vimeo videos directly into your comments and posts on itch.io. In order to do this, just paste...
started by leafo Aug 25, 2016
15 replies
hello, my game will be on steam on December 8, I shared it on itch.io. There are featured games on itch.io, what should...
started by Demir Yapım 5 days ago
No replies yet
Hello, i have a bit of a problem and that's that I don't know how to promote my game or maybe I'm doing it wrong. I list...
started by gernermale 37 days ago
8 replies
I'm wondering how I should go about selling my game. On one hand, I wanna make money, on the other hand though, no one w...
started by CornPop Games 56 days ago
3 replies
Hello I want to replace the game title by an image, but I don't know how to do that. I want something similar to Shovel...
started by ichoca 58 days ago
1 reply
I intend to start making itch games and i'd like to know the best way to set up my profile
started by Fudgecrumb 76 days ago
2 replies
Where can I find the syntax to search for exact post tags like LFG , Jam , LFS , LFP etc.: Syntax should be displayed wh...
started by amusei123 Jul 10, 2022
No replies yet
When I was new to Itch.io I really didn't know where to start of as a game developer so it took me a lot of time to unde...
started by GG - Good Games Jul 07, 2022
7 replies
All you need to do is switch to HTML mode, then add a <details> tag with another <summary> tag to say what it's about an...
started by ImNotJahan Jun 04, 2022
No replies yet
Hey, everyone. A quick reminder: if you see a project that you have reasons to think is pirated, contains malware or oth...
started by No Time To Play Apr 23, 2022
3 replies
if you want to put your game on your website or on an itch.io comment, usually you put a link to your game but there is...
started by Rashaad.tk Games Jan 07, 2022
No replies yet
OK, so i wanted to publish my games on another website (instead of scratch all the time) and wondering how to create a n...
started by kani Jan 02, 2022
3 replies
Hello, I'm Talha! I can't see my published assets in the game assets section, even though I have filtered correctly. But...
started by talhagulbahar Dec 16, 2021
4 replies
its really unpopular been unpopular for over year
started by Alex Dec 09, 2021
13 replies
Hi everyone! I am getting into game dev, but coming from an artist perspective that is proving to have it's challenges...
started by Stoic Daemon Nov 25, 2021
No replies yet
Hello. i have 13 game on itch, in most of the games i have a lot of views but a really small number of plays and downloa...
started by fire_soldier888 Nov 01, 2021
6 replies
Hey all. I'm about to publish a demo for my first game. But I'm stuck on the username I should use here on itch and othe...
started by DanielTsc Oct 27, 2021
3 replies
Hi, as the title says any game I try to play it takes so long, sometimes it takes 30 mins for a 20MB game and sometimes...
started by Gabriel Ruiz Oct 24, 2021
5 replies
Okay, I’ve played around with doing game jams the last year-and-a-half, even doing one with a prize (though something...
started by Zed Hanok Aug 17, 2021
2 replies
Hello! It's my first time selling a tileset that I made. I'm not done yet, i'm still updating it overtime. But I would l...
started by Cubox Aug 25, 2021
6 replies
How can I start an Itchfound campaign for a game?
started by Brunomir Jun 23, 2021
1 reply