Ok after looking through online and talking to some in the freelance community, i have confirm information:
- Your full name, street address, and country you live in ( numbers 1-4)
- You then use your ITIN in 5, only fill 6 if you do not have ITIN that spot is like your "SSN" like thing in your country. (ask someone for advice for 6).
- Do not fill in 7, its is said this one is for the person who give you the W8BEN-I
- Birth of date on line 8.
- 9 Fill in your country name; in this case it would be Germany.
Note: Germany has tricky laws that i found when looking for its us tax treaty, you are not require to do them.
- 10 This one is crazy to find any kind of information but this is the TLDR version of it:
add the article number in which the tax treaty is, then add the % and lastly on that big line add "services"
I do not know germany article number i'm sorry I looked and looked but its not easy to find (one claim its Article 12.1 for 0%). Services because itch.io is the one providing it (i know its confusing don't think about it much).
- [No number section; last big fill in] you can say anything here, its better to explain what you plan to do.
- [sign here] sign and date, do not sign the bottom-most right found below the date information, that is for someone else.
Oh and give it back to the person who give you the W8BEN-I, DO NOT MAIL IT TO THE IRS