Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

General Development

Topics

Whether it's game engines, new algorithms, designing the perfect mechanic, working with a team, marketing, creating sounds, or coming up with a captivating story, anything about game development goes. Share tips and techniques, or find insights posted from other members of the community.

View this community's rules...

Rules

This board is not for self promotion of your games. If you've just released a game on itch.io please head to the Release announcements board.

797 topics · Next page
Topic
Last post
After having a blast making the personal games resource list , I decided to compile a list of games, articles and other...
started by Vaida Dec 15, 2015
18 replies
Thought it might be fun to have a thread where everyone could share their favorite tools for making games. I'm gonna use...
started by flankstaek Dec 02, 2015 Last page
97 replies
Since itch.io is full of very interesting personal games, I thought it would be the best place to post something like th...
started by Vaida Dec 04, 2015
15 replies
Since many people on itch.io used animated cover images I figure we should have a thread with some GIF creating resource...
started by leafo Dec 28, 2015 Last page
21 replies
I see a lot of devs using a mix of these techniques to distribute early builds of their games/tools: .zip or installer i...
started by Amos Jan 10, 2016
No replies yet
I was adding world online highscore to my game Dont you think that is a nice feature? There are not many games with this...
started by coasite 2 days ago
6 replies
Pls help me,how do i make a game from scratch?I promised my partner i will help him to make a game.
started by ZaneByZane Studios 11 days ago
6 replies
I want to create gay bara games. I'm a programmer in several mainstream languages. Where do I begin to learn to develop...
started by stormybearfla 13 days ago
3 replies
Winter 2022 Bite-Sized Tutorial 1 - Intro to Unity Learn how to navigate the Unity interface and basics of how to utiliz...
started by ACM Studio 12 days ago
No replies yet
Does anyone know a good 16 bit music software i need one for my game in development https://gabrielmartin1991.itch.io/th...
started by Gabriel Martin 13 days ago
No replies yet
What has been your experience making 3D games in Game Jams? I'm mostly comfortable making 2D games in Game Jams so I tho...
started by scottnm 14 days ago
3 replies
Programminggame dev books
hi i have no experience in program and want to start ,makeing games in game maker 2. and i need a book to learn GML . wh...
started by ziv gantz 57 days ago
1 reply
hello, I wanted to ask about how everyone goes about generating concepts and ideas for games. I just finished my 3 year...
started by Sugarbeetles 17 days ago
3 replies
I have a Unity application built and running on windows. In the Itch.io upload it looks like it takes files, but Unity w...
started by Restless Swords 25 days ago
6 replies
Just as the title says, I tried looking for free SFX images to incorporate into my game (like sword slashes) but couldn'...
started by noor-fernandez 20 days ago
1 reply
Hey, My name is Dan, I can't lie, I'm 22 and I'm really lonely - I've wanted to create games since I can remember, but I...
started by danranty 28 days ago
8 replies
it appears when browsing games available on ITCH that there are some iPhone games. if someone buys one, how do they inst...
started by Restless Swords 21 days ago
1 reply
Does Itch.io have any rules around saving data in a player's browser? I'm making an HTML5 game and I want to save the us...
started by ChicoHaze 23 days ago
1 reply
A video explaining the title a lot better
started by Dyrango 24 days ago
2 replies
Hello! I've been wanting to make a game myself but one that incorporates puzzle rpg elements with a visual novel too. Th...
started by sunnyskiesdesign 24 days ago
2 replies
Hi fellow developers, Today I want to share with you my tips for community management, please note that I am by no means...
started by 16bitnights 27 days ago
No replies yet
Is there a way to actually make games on here? Or would I have to make it elsewhere and upload it here. (Also, what do y...
started by barleystuff 53 days ago
6 replies
Hi all, I am the author (or one of the authors) of game assets that can be found under the name Playniax on itch.io and...
started by Playniax 51 days ago
4 replies
Hello Itch, I make pixel art illustrations and I was wondering what asset packs do you look for and what do you look for...
started by yanin 47 days ago
2 replies
Hey. I was wondering if People have good experience with them. I am planning on putting another game on those websites b...
started by RetroDries 50 days ago
4 replies