So I don't know about everyone else but I have been losing my mind trying to figure out Don't Play This Game. I figured that a bunch of heads were better than one so I made a new thread that can be dedicated to solving the game(s?) where we can focus on sharing things we've found and hopefully organize it a bit more. I'm more than willing to make summary posts will all the information to make it easier on all of us and I hope we can make some real progress! Cracking whatever this is will be incredibly satisfying, I can feel it.
Below I have gone through the Read. This. First. Thread and picked out all of the relevant information that has been shared.
- Yama Maya pointed out that the speaker in Don't Play This Game likely has receptive aphasia
- Deszip first noted that when you open solution.png and flip it upside down, the words that are being spoken are printed faintly on the image
- Half Punch Man "looked inside" the picture file to find text and the number sequence 467767
- This led to the discovery that all his games are connected
- Deszip also gave us the things they've discovered in the other games
- MO 9+
- HN 467767
- DPTG Look inside. 467767
- 6B LHFDMY, HDYLFM
- two are unaccounted for
- KupaRizu gave us their testing results
- "Okay, so I think I'm getting close to something here, thanks to Deszip and a little playing around myself.I think that the six books cypher (LHFDMY/HDYLFM) combines with the HYPNO/DPTG clue: 467767 and LOOKINSIDE within The Painful Box somehow.I've attemped both L4,H6,F7,D7,M6,Y7 and H4,D6,Y7,L7,F6,M7 but neither seemed to have done anything.The only other thing I can think is that T&Bs reverse instruction refers to either the Cypher or the Numbers (As reversing the AV only gets "Lick my Ass" and "F*ck me in the pussy", which I don't think is a hint) but that's a lot of variables to test."
- As well as Punderstatement's theory
- "Hey I Found something and sense you also seem to be trying this and made some progress I wanted to share something I found. In this game the number/780 is made after 30 letters are said. The last 780 is 30*26 because of 30 letters with 26 in the alphabet. The first number is weird you have to assign a number value. A=1 B=2 etc but dont include repeats and that equals the first number. Hopefully this helps you make progress if you find anything it would be awesome if you could share"
- Xavierou noted that opening the solution.png in notepad will bring up a block of symbols with some hidden Italian. Any elaboration would be great
- TEAMRAGEXD pointed out that the series of games might not be over yet and we might be missing one to get the full picture
I myself am still noodling around in the files and haven't found anything extra quite yet, although I can't seen to find any hidden Italian when opening the solution.png as a notepad file. Good luck to all of you as you try to piece this all together and I look forwards to reading the developments that come forwards!