Jobs
Tags

First Timers? Anyone?

A topic by VLLA created Sep 25, 2020 Views: 428 Replies: 25
Viewing posts 1 to 21
Submitted

Hi Guys!

This is my first game jam!

I really had some fun and of course hard times.

Anyone who is a first timer also?

Submitted(+2)

This is also my first game jam.

The only thing i learned from this jam: "this is how NOT to make a game" :P

Submitted

We all probably learned that the hardest way, but maybe there is still something good in what you made.

Submitted

My first time to, i waited a lot for this time. I did not do the best game of course, but it is good to make a game with challanges, or limitations.

Submitted

Same, my first time workin on a game with schedule

Submitted

I just started to learn how to make games this summer and thought this Jam would be a good way to see what I could do in a week. 

Submitted

You learned more now i think, because i did :)

Submitted

Totally, it was a great way to be challenged. 

Submitted

Yeah this is my first gamejam too, been making games for a while but never really finished any, but this was what pushed me to finish a game, and it turned out pretty okay.

Submitted

Same here! I only picked up Unity a month ago, so wanted a baptism of fire ha

Hope you had as much fun as I and learnt lots!

Submitted

First timer as well,

This was awfully stressful, but learnt incredibly much during this short time.

Submitted

Same! I have had unity for years but never did anything with it. This jam was a challenge but it taught me so much. Remember, your first game may not be what you anticipated but celebrate that it was a great learning experience. I look forward to playing your submissions!

Submitted

First time here too! Only just got a very basic prototype in by the deadline. I have no idea how people can get as much done in 48hr jams as they do!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey Guys,

I missed like 1 or 2 years from game making, so i think it's a good time to jump back again, it was so much fun!

This is my first game i "finished". I lost 2 days in the jam, so it lacks some stuff.

First time in a jam

Submitted

This is my first jam and i'm happy with my game, its a good challenge and I don't really care if i win, the fun of it is enough for me.

Submitted

Yep, also my first game jam.
Lot's of firsts actually, I started making games in July, first game "finished", first 2D game, first try at pixel art, first platforming experiment.
Was great fun and I learned a lot, but I wish I would have spent more time on level design ;D There just wasn't enough time in the end.

Are you all happy with your entries?

Submitted

First time here also. Was fun but very stressful.

Submitted

It is my first jam and it was a lot of fun :-)

Submitted

Yup, first time game jammer here! (Though i did make a few other games in my time)

Submitted

Hey everyone, yep this is my first game jam too. I finally understand what it means to 'crunch'. Well done if you submitted a game. I can't wait to now play all the games. 

Submitted

This is my first game jam too and I had a lot of fun! I really stressed during the last 2 days trying to get the last features and polish in but it felt great turning it in.

Submitted

I FEEL U. Same here

Submitted

First timer here.

Me and my friend that are programming in Unity for years just teamed up with another friend (great artist) and it was so much fun!

Submitted

This is my first game jam, but I've made games before. It was a really interesting experience, I became so stressed when the time was about to end :(

BUT it was really fun and I'm proud of the work I did :D More than 20 levels :)

Check out my game and let me know how's it.

Submitted

My first game jam as well. Was really fun albeit a little stressful to balance with school + life. Definitely will do again though -- learned a lot and am pretty happy with how the game came out.