Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Share Your Progress! Sticky

A topic by Second Dimension Games created Dec 16, 2021 Views: 2,231 Replies: 62
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 43 · Next page · Last page
Host

Welcome back for 2022!  This is  the traditional sticky thread to share your progress throughout the jam.  You can also use the hashtag #FFSjam on Twitter, or share in the Progress channel of the jam Discord (invite link is HERE). Feel free to post screenshots and videos of your progress once you get going, or even post what you have now as a starting point. If you're not sure how to host music, videos or images then you some starting ideas are:  YouTube for videos, Imgur for pictures and SoundCloud for audio.

Submitted(+4)

Welcome back! 2021 Jam was great!
This is what I am working on:

OOOO very nice, I could see some very fun challenge in this game. Can you "dash" in all directions or only horizontally?

Submitted

You can also dash downwards with another Key. This shall be a separated mechanic.

I see, very cool

(1 edit) (+3)

Started today and made my first dialogue system using some art from my younger sister:

Tomorrow I'll be adding branches to the dialogue

(+2)

The font color makes it hard to read the text. Maybe make it bit darker so there is more contrast.

I'm working on a series called Chalfon's Loop instead of explaining it I would like to ask you watch these videos and try to tell me what you think is going on

It would be much appreciatedhttps://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYzhTez2zg1YQ4jpKi-f_MvRt8HDF1sXT

(1 edit) (+1)

So maybe i join. I have started game project. I would like create fame from all cc0 resouces. Maybe code and some art will be my. I think i can't finish game in month but i can make some part so maybe this will enough.  Maybe i find some motivation to continoue this project.

Submitted(+1)

My Background image

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted(+2)

thanks man!

(1 edit)

My Roadmap

Submitted(+1)

A platformer about releasing a game?

Submitted

I've been working on a virtual tabletop, and I'm hoping to get it finished for this jam. It's mostly small tweaks I have to do, but it currently lacks a name. Any suggestions?

Sneaky Snakes

Submitted

Oh, the tool isn't about snakes! It's a virtual tabletop, for TTRPGs like D&D. Snakes were merely an example.

Submitted

"Dynamic Dungeon: A Different Kind of D&D"

Submitted

That sounds awesome, but a little too much for my little project...

Submitted(+1)

So, I’ve been working on this extremely short VN-style thing on and off since I started developing games. It was more like a playground to test things out before I put them in my actual games. But after creating artworks and a shader that makes my drawings look like animations, I didn’t want to just leave it there to basically “rot” on my drive.

I could add several things like this one to the jam, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be busy enough with finishing the issues it currently still has. :)

Here are some impressions from the state it had two weeks ago:

(Sorry for bad quality gif, next time it’ll look better)

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

My first entry to the game jam is done, so now all my energy is directed to this work! And work I did! I’ve spent a whole day drawing food items to interact with - and it works out pretty well

I also made a simple first background drawing:

Now off to the code

Submitted

Decided to make a rogue like with some free assets that i found online, here is what i got so far!

Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated. :)

ps: Happy new year!

Maybe make it look less like a Super Dungeon Delve clone. You could use higher resolution 64x64 tiles(eg Minecraft textures) and sprites.

Submitted

It looks like a clone because I used the same free tileset as the Super Dungeon Delve developer. But I'll keep the suggestion in mind if I make it into a full game, thanks!

I finished the Metroidvania month14 jam, and already started fleshing out the character from that alpha build. I'm excited to use this jam as a second chance to push the game to completion   

Submitted (3 edits) (+3)

Hello, all!
I started work on my game about a year ago, and am looking to put out a demo very soon.

It is a survival-adventure RPG that focuses on continuous gameplay and problem-solving through a variety of different avenues. I wanted to create something that allowed for the game to continue even after you fail (in this case, die), as well as combine that with the "parallel world" concept, so being alive in the game is only half of it. There is much lore and knowledge to be gained from speaking face-to-face with spirits from many years ago.

I've still got a lot of dialogue and assets to work on, but I believe that this could be done by the end of this jam!

Submitted(+1)

It looks good. Platformer?

Submitted

Thanks!
Nope, not a platformer. Just a 2D sidescroller. I initially had some thoughts about incorporating platforming into the game, but I felt that that particular element shifted focus away from the primary gameplay focus (roleplaying and resource-management).

There's definitely some combat here, but the best comparison would be in the "hack 'n' slash" genre. That's not to say that this is a HnS game, though. =)

(+1)

Morning, just noticed you're looking for composers, I could put together a quick demo track that might fit that style and send it through? 

Submitted

I'd love to hear it!
I'll send a DM on discord.

Submitted(+1)

This game quite literally looks excellent. Did you make it alone?

Submitted

Thank you!

I did, indeed. Aside from assets (namely sprites and music), its a solo project

Deleted 2 years ago
Deleted 2 years ago
(+1)

Hello all! I've decided to take this opportunity to finish a game I've been working on intermittently since 2016 called Sky Trader. I've started the project a dozen times, but a few months ago I decided to take the concept back to it's roots as a fantasy airship simulator... the idea being you pick up cargo in one place and deliver it to another for cash. There will be a day/night cycle, weather, and maybe even sky pirates! It's quite possible I am the only person who will find this entertaining...

Here is a screenshot from the very work-in-progress current version of the game.

Submitted

i like the idea!

Submitted

Progress on swing racer, an off and on project for 2 years now, coming together nicely.

Submitted

This looks really good. The 2D speedlines are trippy but I like them

Submitted

Looks like fun.

This looks great!

Submitted (2 edits)

I would love some feedback on this.

Teaser

Submitted

I few years back I tried to make PvP Balloon fight like game. With help from my brother we had some good progress in just a few months but then we run out of motivation with too many ideas for game modes and item pickups.

Looking at it now it seems ok for the most part. Should give it a try and finish it.

Submitted

hi guys, im trying to make a platformer game that based on my character(s)

heres the starting screen so far

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 43 · Next page · Last page