Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

butler

Topics

Learn more about butler:

Have any questions or issues using butler? Post here!

170 topics · Next page
Topic
Last post
Q: Why is web upload limited to 500MB (or 2GB on demand) whereas butler will let you upload a 32GB game? There's a techn...
started by Amos Nov 06, 2016
8 replies
butler is itch.io's command-line upload tool. it lets game developers push new builds of their games quickly and reliabl...
started by Amos Sep 02, 2016
No replies yet
I cant run butler in cmd. I followed all of the steps in https://itch.io/t/605771/itchios-butler-easy-and-short-tutorial...
started by Owenqt Studios 69 days ago
4 replies
I’m goingo to release a new game. This time I plan to use buttler but I also want to include a Windows installer (i.e...
started by Piopio Juegos 47 days ago
No replies yet
I'm seeing invalid game error for pages I know to exist. foobarproj by ObscurelyMeGaming (itch.io) foobarproj is the nam...
started by ObscurelyMeGaming 48 days ago
1 reply
Welcome, all, to the rabbit hole that has been me trying to get butler to work even a little bit on gitlab CI. Here's th...
started by atiaxi 62 days ago
8 replies
I've started using butler to automate build uploads. One issue I've faced with OSX builds (for my Unity game), is that w...
started by adamgryu 55 days ago
1 reply
It just says "network idle" and doesn't seem to upload.
started by Exuin 98 days ago
No replies yet
When trying download butler from https://broth.itch.ovh/butler , I get: itch.io API error (403): /games/239683/uploads...
started by michalsky 78 days ago
2 replies
when trying to push a build (as a update to a game) I get this error. butler: error: unexpected jamesmgd/samhainophobia...
started by JamesMGD 77 days ago
No replies yet
Hey there, Been using butler for easy build uploads using a .bat file. I noticed a change (not sure how recent) to where...
started by Chris Wade 95 days ago
No replies yet
As a follow up to this thread : how far back are players able to download old versions of a game? Are old versions avail...
started by Wesnoth Sep 14, 2021
5 replies
For the game the Battle for Wesnoth, major releases are handled in the following way: Even numbered versions (for exampl...
started by Wesnoth Sep 14, 2021
4 replies
Hi, I'm trying to upload a build from with butler, using the tutorial in the manual. However, no matter what I try I am...
started by Uttamisdev Sep 13, 2021
No replies yet
butler push "../meteor/0.3.2.2.2/PC/Windows x64" quanshen/meteor-butterfly-sword:windows-64bit ∙ For channel `windows-...
started by quanshen Aug 26, 2021
2 replies
I noticed I am not able to get my game to push when using butler, I have went to three different wifi/lan connections an...
started by Weeping Hollow Aug 27, 2021
No replies yet
Hi, I have a C# application that starts butler.exe like so: int exitCode = StartProcess(butlerExeDir, args); I'm trying...
started by tbyc Aug 04, 2021
No replies yet
Helloes! I've successfully set up butler and a bunch of batch files to quickly build and upload Win64 & WebGL builds of...
started by Mau Delgaudio Jul 24, 2021
No replies yet
I wrote it. I'm just trying to make some useful software. It's Windows-only , sorry. It's open-source, so you can see th...
started by walkerb Jul 23, 2021
No replies yet
Hi, I have a C# application that Process.Start(butler.exe) for offline usage, is there way to start butler in silent mod...
started by tbyc Jun 22, 2021
1 reply
Hi everyone! I’m trying to add custom actions to my .itch.toml app manifest. It works, what doesn’t work is the tran...
started by 3stadt Jun 20, 2021
1 reply
I've been trying to follow the instructions, but I can't seem to get it to work. According to the documentation, I shoul...
started by RecoveryUnit4649 Jun 08, 2021
3 replies