Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions! V2 Sticky

A topic by Lone Rabbit created Mar 29, 2021 Views: 2,233 Replies: 90
Viewing posts 19 to 38 of 38 · Previous page · First page

I tried testing with Godot v3.2.3 with all my previous projects and whenever I export them to an application through the "Windows Desktop" export template, the .exe isn't empty. ...But once I run them, this kind of message always pops up below. If I submit my entry when the jam has already started and this happens, am I allowed to send the folder with the resources that require the engine editor?

Fix "This app can't run on your PC" on Windows - gHacks Tech News
(3 edits)

Why not upload an in-browser version? This message appears when (i guess) SmartScreen is turned back on after an update. Turn it off, or add exception. It worked before on your pc. Or maybe some export setting got screwed in Godot.
Nobody's gonna download extra things from anywhere else, put every requied things in the uploaded zip if you have to.

(1 edit)

The HTML5 template works just fine, I'll do an in-browser version of it. And thank you for your solution! --a. meanswell

Submitted(+1)

how can i made upoad the game to summit it in the jam?? i just put the hashtag??? #??

Submitted

Also curious about this!

(4 edits) (+1)

Here you go: https://itch.io/jam/wowie-jam-3/topic/1234906/how-to-submit-your-game

Of course, the jam haven't started, so you cannot make/upload/submit the game yet.

The hashtag thing is for easier Twitter discovery/promotion. 

(1 edit)

Imagine a scenario, I submit a game with 5 days remaining till deadline.
I might want to do this in order to get some early feedback to polish it before deadline comes.
Is it ok to then update my game before the deadline, or submission itself needs to freeze the game?

Host

You can update your game as many times you want until the deadline. The submission will not freeze until the deadline.

Theme???

Deleted 1 year ago
Host (1 edit)
(translated by Google Translate): Can the game be delivered in (html5)? [Sorry for the question, I'm new to game jam. {like, this is my first time in one}.

Yes, the game can be delivered in html5. Welcome and have fun working on your first then. ^^

(translated by Google Translate, meaning might be different from original): 

Sim, o jogo pode ser entregue em html5. Bem-vindo e divirta-se trabalhando em seu primeiro então. ^^

Hi I'm confused about something, did Game Jam start now or will it start only tomorrow? I know that this question seems weird but on the game jam page ta saying that the game jam has already started

Submitted

I think it started now, I have started working on it so...

Thank you!

Host

Yep, it just started 30 minutes ago from when this reply is made. ^^

Submitted

hello,  just a quick question, pixel art is ok, right?  

Host

Yep!

Submitted

Hello!

I'm making a VN where you can unblock some story parts depending on your progress, like side plots. Is it fine if I include the optional theme in the side plot and not the main plot? So, the user will have to unblock it.

I can make the beginning of the side plot directly accessible for the Jam, but I'd love for the user to work a bit to unblock the rest of the story. I'll indicate where the theme is included.

Host (1 edit) (+1)

Yeah, if you indicate where/how the theme is included then it should be fine.

Submitted

Hello everyone....Any composer available to make a partner?

So I was thinking about have a secret boss in the game that has one difference to the game, so let me first tell you the inspiration for this secret boss Idea, Do you know what undertale is? Well The battles are black and white, but there is pretty much just one character that uses color, sans all he has is a Blue eye, I was thinking about something like that, just asking!

Submitted

Sans! That is cool that you are making an undertale styled game.

Submitted

Not sure if I am going to yet, but can I use other people's pathfinding materials? Like download an A* asset?

Host (3 edits)

From the FAQ:

Q: Can I use pre-made assets? A: Yes, but please ensure you have the legal rights to do so. Note that you will be asked if you or your team had created the art and/or audio for the game or not; this will be displayed publicly on your game's jam page.

I am not sure what you mean by an A* asset.

Submitted

As in someone who has already made a 2d pathfinding system using the A* algorithm, like the one used here:

Host (1 edit)

Yep, then you can use it because it counts as an asset.

Submitted

Is chromatic aberration allowed?

Host(+1)

Unfortunately no, since it uses red green and blue.

Submitted

ok

Submitted

Hello dear,

I will go with old rule A. Could I use transparency alpha 0 in the middle of my pixel arts? Total black, total white, dithering and alpha 0?

Host

Yes, as long as everything on screen is black and white it is allowed.

Submitted

Using the theme is not necessary right?

Host

Yes, it is an optional theme.

Submitted

Can we use swear words onto our game?

Host

Yes, just don't go overboard with it.

Submitted

Deadline Synchronization?

Hi! The deadline for this jam is April 25th 2021 at 12:00 PM, however I am also planning to enter another jam that ends on April 26th 2021 at 12:00 AM (https://itch.io/jam/spring-lisp-game-jam-2021). So, a 12 hour difference. Unfortunately as soon as your deadline closes, as I understand it, I won't be able to make any updates. However, from past experience, I know that the last few hours in the Jam are sometimes the difference between a bad tech demo and something that actually plays...

Could I request that the deadline be extended by another 12 hours to match the other jam?

This is only a request and I will still try to enter this one as long as I have something that plays. I have carefully followed the rules (rule "A", to be precise... ; - ), so I should have a workable entry. But those extra few hours would be very helpful!

For what it's worth, here's my most recent WIP of the game I plan to submit: https://oofoe.itch.io/zodetrip/devlog/245674/music-and-mood.

Thanks for your consideration!

Host

Hi! Although I can't extend the jam's deadline as a whole for everyone by another 12 hours, I can accept your submission as a late submission. Just DM me on Discord when you are finished, just don't go over 12 hours after the jam finishes. Good luck with the rest, looks good so far! :)

Submitted

Thanks very much! Will do just that!

Submitted

Uhm, so someone found a game-breaking bug and I deleted the old file without realizing that I can't re-upload it...so now it's only available for MAC. Is there some way I can fix that? 

Host

Yes, can you DM me on Discord?

Submitted

So, I accidentally left some color in my game, it was in some menus, so briefly that I didn't even realize it until someone told me. They're all default menus that the game engine includes by default that aren't really necessary to the game, hence why I never noticed it. If that's a problem for the contest, I can make a really minor fix on it.

Host
I can make a really minor fix on it.

Yes, that would be great if possible. Can you contact me on Discord once you are done fixing?

Submitted

Its done, but I don't use Discord.

Submitted

Can we post a community post for rate for rate? Is that allowed?

Host

Yeah

Submitted

Is there a certain number of ratings a game needs to be given a rank?

Host

Nope, all entries will be given a rank. But apart, the rating system here is similar to that of Ludum Dare's. 

Viewing posts 19 to 38 of 38 · Previous page · First page