Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Who is planning on making a devlog?

A topic by hacktic created Aug 24, 2020 Views: 315 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted

I'm interested in making one but haven't done so before. I didn't record any footage beforehand so I'd have to go through all of my commits and record footage that way. Who else is planning to make one? How long do you think I can reasonably leave it before the devlog should be linked on my games page? 

Submitted

i think you could just do a screen recording of yourself walking through some of the code / the game and talking about the experience. that's what i did for mine and i don't think anyone else will care about it but it's cool to be able to look back on that kinda stuff in the future.  

Submitted

usually what I do is make gifs of things that I would potentially want to include in a devlog. That way I don’t end up with hours and hours of footage that I have to sift through.

But in your case you could record yourself playing the game and highlight certain parts of the game that you had trouble with or proud of

Submitted

I have over 20 hrs of footage so I want to piece it together and make a nice devlog out of it but its not gonna be done till end of next week probably

Submitted

I plan to make one, but I am Spanish speakers and most likely you will not see it XD, but if you are interested in something special that you liked in my game let me know

Link:https://itch.io/jam/miz-jam-1/rate/738403

Submitted

I tried to record my progress, only to find out that the capture software didn't actually save any of the recordings. =(

Submitted

I'd like to but I've never done anything on YT so I'm lacking a bit confidence lol

Submitted(+1)

I have ~20 hours of footage that i'm just dreading to edit into a video. Not sure if I should focus on that or continuing to rate games.

Submitted(+1)

I wanna do it, but i hate video editing. I'll see what i do xD

Submitted

I recorded all my development which is how i keep track of how much time i spent. Just have to edit now