The Minimal fennel Löve2d repo has been updated!
Improvements from last year:
- Fixed build scripts for Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Included build tools to target HTML5 (example)
- Fennel Macro searchers added!
- Error handling (boots you to a recoverable error screen)
It also now includes the latest version of fennel, and set to work with the latest version of love2d (11.3) by default.
Where to Start?
There is also a built in REPL on the languages home page that you can test out the language! https://fennel-lang.org/
Games Made Using Love2D and Fennel
This is not an exhaustive list! I can include your game if you comment below.
- Exo Encounter 667 - Winner of the 2018 Spring Lisp Game Jam - https://gitlab.com/technomancy/exo-encounter-667
- Always Kill Your Heroes - Winner of the 2018 Fall Lisp Game Jam https://gitlab.com/alexjgriffith/always-kill-your-heroes
- Slime the World - https://github.com/TsarFox/slime-the-world
- Goo Runner - https://gitlab.com/technomancy/goo-runner
- Fallen - https://gitlab.com/alexjgriffith/fallen
- Energize - Winner of the 2019 Fall Lisp Game Jam - https://github.com/noisesmith/energize
- Welcome Home Sunsun - https://gitlab.com/alexjgriffith/welcome-home-sunsun
- Backpackless - Submission to the 2019 GMTK Game Jam - https://github.com/lockie/backpackless
You don’t need any libraries to make a game! The ones mentioned here help solve specific problems.
- Provides functional style functions, e.g. reduce, map, etc.
- Provides some nice to haves that are not available in the lua standard library like
split(for spiting strings).
If you need sprite animation, check out ANIM8!
Bump is an axis aligned bounding box collider. It has a bunch of useful built in presets for triggering actions following collisions. If you’re writing a platformer (without ramps) I highly recommend bump!
If you use want to use Tiled (https://mapeditor.org) check out the Simple Tiled Implementation! It works well with bump.