Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introduce yourself & Find a team! Sticky

A topic by nuttatulipa created Apr 12, 2020 Views: 1,312 Replies: 38
Viewing posts 1 to 22
(1 edit) (+2)

Heya! I noticed that there are many people joining the jam already, but there has not been a team-finding topic/discord set up yet. So I’d like to make this an unofficial place where people can do it. (I am not the jam host and cannot contact the jam host yet so there might be changes in the future) The thread is now approved!

Suggested template for self introduction & team finding:

1. Your name:
  2. Your game developing role: (artist, programmer, musician, writer, etc. Bonus: share a link to your previous works)
  3. Are you looking for a team or teammate?
  4. Your game idea:
  5. How can people contact you?
  6. Tell something about yourself! (Who are your favorite magical girls? Your favorite games?)
HostSubmitted (2 edits)

Unofficial as it might be I have no intention of making the official one. Anyone looking for teams are free to use this thread -- I approve of this thread :P

By the way my favourite magical girl is Akemi Homura from Madoka Magica as one might have guessed from the themes I chose XD

Thank you for your approval! ☺️ Do you mind stick this thread so it won’t be buried in the future?

HostSubmitted

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. It has now been stickied

Must admit this is the first time I have ever hosted a jam... still unfamiliar with managing it. Totally didn't expect a whopping 80+ people would actually join XD

Anyway; I'm looking forward to what everyone will come up with for my jam. Good luck

(1 edit)

my favorite side theme is the chapter 6 episode titles

• 'A Vicarious Experience'
  • Yachiyo's Vow
  • Iroha's Vow
  • We Are Not Alone
HostSubmitted (3 edits) (+1)

Looks like someone has an idea of what the side theme is about ;)

But you missed the mark a little bit... the side themes are taken from the recent Winter 2020 anime adaptation's episode titles, not the main game it is based on.

Also just in case... "Rebellion" is not a theme.

"my name" was such a good episode ;w;

HostSubmitted(+1)

To further clarify, I will just reveal one of the hidden side themes:

Episode 1: やぁやぁ、知ってる?魔法少女のその噂 (Have you heard? The rumours about the Magical Girls)

Episode names from the game are not part of the 13 hidden side themes

(1 edit)

Guess I’ll go first :D

1. My name is Nutta. From Bangkok, Thailand 🇹🇭(GMT+7)
  2. For this jam, I want to participate as a Pixel Artist. I can be a supporting 2D artist as well as programmer. (I can work with RPG Maker MV and have some knowledge for Twine)
    Here is my art blog: https://nutta-draws.tumblr.com/
  3. I’m looking for a team!
  4. Since I’m looking for a team right now, I don’t have an original idea for the game. But I’d like to work on a game that talks about feminism and real-world problems 💪🏼
  5. Please feel free to contact me on twitter @nuttatulipa
  6. I am an aspiring game dev and have joined few jams as an artist and programmer, but there are many things I still have to learn.
    Sugar Sugar Rune has a special place in my heart but as I grow up, I wish to see more of magical girls who fight real-world problems too!
Submitted (14 edits)

1. I'm Palinus, from Sweden (GMT+1) Portfolio: https://pali.moe/

2. I want to participate doing Concept Art, Illustrations, Assets (2D or 3D can do Animation/Rigged ones too), Web Dev alll at good quality! (keep in mind 2 week time-frame tho) again see https://pali.moe/ for samples

3. I'm looking for team contact me @ Palinus#4908 I love meeting new ppl who share interests, I also made a Team here https://discord.gg/ZCCQtyN mostly need SFX  & Music, rest is covered but any can join!

4. I'm fine with any theme as long as magical girls are involved, but i preffer something Emotional, something that gets edgy/dark overtime or is dark from the start whatever is fine, it can be either Surreal, Edgy, Happy, Colorful, Magical a Mystery.

5. Palinus#4908

6. Hard pick I love Crystar, Madoka, Flip Flappers, Magical Girl Project, Magical Girl Site and more, I grew up watching anime and playing anime games and Visual Novels, I love some good story that plays with my feelers, I wish to see more projects like this and be part of them!! Meet more people who share interests!

Deleted 4 years ago

I dont mind participating if anyone needs an artist, I can do pixel assets, and concept art, illustrations, story-boarding, world building

Looking for a team, I guess for ideas, I don't mind anything as long as people are being ambitious and want to create something unique/develop more on the mahou shoujo genre

add me on discord, Pleinair#7635 if you need an artist

I guess inspirations would be cardcaptors, and spectral wizard.

1. Hi I'm Egg! Or May haha
  2. "Your game developing role:" I'm a pixel artist and illustrator. I specialize in character design but I don't mind working as a background artist if needed! I've worked on one game jam before as a pixel character artist. Here's my website for examples! https://www.eggvvitch.com 
  3. I'm looking to be part of a team currently! 
  4. "Your game idea:" I'd love to work on something cute, but I can also do anything modern themed as well. I love witchy things too. But honestly, I'm up to work on anything ( I've done some icon and stuff for a space game before haha.)
  5. "How can people contact you?" I have discord Eggvvitch#9831 , Twitter @eggvvitch
  6. "Tell something about yourself!" I love playing a wide variety of video games, cooking, and watching anime! "Who are your favorite magical girls?" Hmm I grew up loving Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon. Tokyo Mew Mew is super cute too haha.  "Your favorite games?" Currently I've been switching between ACNH and MHW!

This may be late, and I don't know if we are supposed to reply or not. but I am interested in working with you as a teammate or as part of a team. I am about to post an introduction, but I have programming experience and mostly mess around with making pixel RPGs in a game-making software called GDevelop. I can also do background music, and for a game idea I would like to do some thing cute, as well. 

I still don't have a team and I read your idea post. It's super cute and would love to team up! I'll be available tomorrow if you want to hash specifics out.

that sounds great !! i accepted your friend request on discord., i'm super excited to work with you on this jam!

Submitted (1 edit)
  1. Hello! I'm ShibeyFaceGames. Nice meet you all!
  2. I'm a hobbyist/indie dev. I'm primarily an artist/designer, but do a little of everything. Check out my previous games at: https://shibeyfacegames.itch.io/
  3. Since this is a hobby of mine, I usually go solo. One exception... I have no skill at music, and no time to learn. I'm always happy to use original music in my games, so if any musicians or composers are offering tracks I'd gladly accept.  Otherwise, off dig through the free archives, hehe.
  4.  I've got a setting & characters ready from a small table-top RPG magical girl scenario I've run for awhile, and always wanted build some kind of game out of. This seemed like a good excuse to start something! As it's a jam, I'm not going to kill myself. It'll be a short story featuring one character. Trying to keep this realistic so I'll be happy with the outcome.
  5. I'm on twitter @ShibeyG  and on discord ShibeyFaceGames#8049. My response times on either may be delayed, as I only use them on my desktop.
  6. I like animation, games, comics, shibes... For magical girl influences, definitely Madoka; a few others would be Yuki Yuna, Flip Flappers, and Utena. Favorite games would be (currently) NieR: Automata, Celeste, System Shock 2, and the Persona series.
HostSubmitted(+1)

This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue.

Submitted

Hi! I go by Terrapin for short. I'm going to be doing the programming and art for my entry. I am kinda looking for a musician and sound designer though, since I have no skills in those department - would love to hear from you if you can help me with these. Thinking of making a small Metroidvania game for my entry, since I'm kinda fond of that stuff, lol. If you guys need to reach me, you can always message me on Twitter @turtlefaith, or you can always message me here.

Sorry for the late reply, if there is a discord I would be happy to join! 
Name- Candle
Role- Musician 
Currently teamless (plz help T_T) 
People can contact me through Discord primarily (Candle King#2823)
Uh...I'm a weeb, I like to make music, Magical Girl Site messed me up on a personal level :D

HostSubmitted

Musician? Maybe could you share some of your works? Pretty sure many would LOVE to have some musicians helping them with the BGMs (including me tbh although I could make amateur-level musics)

(+1)

Oh mb mb! 
Favorite project so far but I do a variety of other things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwvWrNlZpA

Submitted

Really awesome work on your Youtube channel! As I mentioned in my post above, I'm generally a soloer on Jams, but I have 0 musical skill. If you had have any time or even tracks ready, I'd love to work with you. I sent a friend request on discord if you are interested! (ShibeyFaceGames#8049 )  Check out my earlier post for some basic info and link to my other jam work!

(+1)

Sounds good! I just accepted your friend request!

Submitted

1. Your name: Hi my name is Andrew. From Hawaii, USA. (GMT-10)

2. Your game developing role: I do 3D modeling/animation/texturing (Blender/Substance painter), programming and game development with the Unity engine. I'm relatively weak at 2D stuff. I've done more than 100 game jams. Portfolio

3. Are you looking for a team or teammate? I usually work solo, but definitely could use some help for this jam: a "magical girl ideas person", writing, and voice acting. It's been a while since I last watched a magical girl series, and could use someone with fresh magical-girl expertise and ideas.

4. Your game idea: I have a few ideas to start with. One might be to reverse the genre: you play a evil supervillain, and try to complete your agenda, while annoyingly cute magical girls stop you. Another idea might be a magical girl generator ("As If I Met Her in My Dream... Or Something") - where you take a quiz and it generates a custom original magical girl, along with 3D spin-around, background scene and animation, and magical girl background+mascot based on your answers.

5. How can people contact you? message me on Twitter @andyman404, or andyman404#3915 on Discord, or here. I might not start until Ludum Dare starts (2 days from this post) though, in case I want to make a game that fits both jams' themes and restrictions.

6. Tell something about yourself! (Who are your favorite magical girls? Your favorite games?)
The original Powerpuff Girls are my fav - maybe because of the heavily stylized yet minimalist artwork and fast-paced beats? I enjoyed some of the old classics: Serial Experiments Lain, Kiki's Delivery Service, Video Girl Ai, Ah! My Goddess, Key the Metal Idol, Princess Tutu, Hand Maid May. I haven't watched magical girl anime in a long time. I am not a fan of Sailor Moon's style.
Games I've been playing recently are: Nuclear Throne, Fallout 76, Mutant Year Zero, and a tons of little game jam games.

Submitted

A little late, but:

1. I go by many names, but usually XCVG or XCVGVCX these days. I used to use XTChrisTX but not so much anymore.

2. I do ALL the things. I'm a programmer professionally but I tend to wear many hats when making games. I think the only thing I haven't really done is music. Art is probably my favourite but I'm really bad at it.

3. Not really, I roll solo in most jams. I'm kind of looking for voice actors but I don't think my jam game will make it to that stage.

4. It was supposed to be a visual novel but is slowly morphing into an RPG/adventure type thing. I haven't really locked it down yet but hopefully I'll be posting some teasers in the Project Lucidity thread tonight. There'll be swords! You'll like it!

5. Here on itch.io, or from one of the links on my website! (shameless plugs ahoy)

6. I have virtually zero familiarity with magical girls and am not sure if my game will even qualify as a magical girl game. I'm doing this mostly because it's something different; most of the stuff I've done in the past is very different from what I'll be doing here except maybe for Project Katana and that went nowhere.

1. i'm mimmy !!
  2. talents: i can program, do art, write, and make background music. i am kind of a jack of all trades, but i am best at making music and developing story. i have programming experience and use software to code for games (GDevelop) and i am relatively well-versed in it.
  3. team or teammate?  either or, but i prefer a team mate. 
  4. Your game idea: my idea is of a sea bunny who wishes to meet a real bunny. their wish is granted and they become a magical girl on the quest to find real bunnies and fight bad guys :O
  5. How can people contact you?  Here or on instagram @ittymim. Discord, too : ꒰ mimmy ꒱#7628
  6.  favorite video games : melon journey by froach club among other pixel indie rpgs, animal crossing (NL and NH), Legend of Zelda series. favorite magical girls : i have seen some of Madoka Magicka and i liked it, just never got around to watching more! i also like Sailor Moon ... and Powerpuff Girls hehe

hiiiii im fenny!

i'm a visual artist and GML programmer, and a few things i've drawn can be found at https://www.deviantart.com/fenyxofshadows

i'm not really looking for a team right now, though i'll edit this post if i end up wanting to be in one

my game idea is basically making a shmup engine and a couple cute magical girls to be a boss rush

i'm on twitter at @magicalfeyfenny and fediverse at fenny@queer.af

i'm fenny @Y3KpKHPm on magia record NA and my favorite magical girls are rika ayano, ren isuzu, hinano miyako, and emiri kisaki

(3 edits)

Hi, Hello, Greetings, I'm a programmer looking to be part of a team

1. Your name: You can call me Lowliet (M.A.T.E. on social media)
  2. Your game developing role: I'm primarily a programmer in Unity, code in C#. Have done work for 3D and 2D games. I can also do some sprite work in aseprite, and some drawing in MediBang
  3. Are you looking for a team or teammate: I know it's kind of late in the game jam, but I'm looking to join a team. I kinda just want to focus on programming in this game jam.
  4. Your game idea: Open to ideas or concepts already decided by a team or individual. Though, I do have an idea for a 2D beat em up where you play as a demon girl who wants to be magical girl, so you defeat evil minions and bad guys in hopes for the magical girls to acknowledge you, but plans go awry when misunderstandings form. But again, willing adopt other ideas to focus solely on programming.
  5. How can people contact you: Can contact me here on my itch.io page, or on discord and twitter. Discord - M.A.T.E.#9413 | Twitter: @An_Awesome_Dude
  6. Tell something about yourself! I don't watch many magical girl shows. Though I guess my favorites are Fate/Kaleid,  Yuki Yuna and Madoka Magica. My favorite games are Persona 4 Golden, Bioshock, and Odin Sphere (main inspiration for this game idea)

1. Your name: I come from China, you can call me zilong

2. Your game development role: I am a programmer, produced by using Unity3d game, my technology is general, a rookie but I have enough time and passion. This is my work at https://17683839964.itch.io/it-was-the-debut-of-a-chinese-sophomore

Are you looking for a teammate?: yes, I am eager to find my teammates and develop together. Just like a friend.

4. Your game idea: I think all the magic girls are lovely, and I don't think they are independent. I should play the leading role in this blue magic girl, save other magic girls and get the buff of other magic girls to finally defeat the boss.

5. This is my E-mail. Please feel free to contact me    452353368@qq.com   You can also reply in the comments that I'm friending you<span class="tgt" <this="" is="" my="" e-mail.="" please="" feel="" free="" to="" contact="" me<="" span=""></span>

6.My favorite magic girl is of course racs in league of legends, whose ultimate flash looks so cool

Hi I'm Darrias. I specialize in art but I know code and design as well. My art is on http://instagram.com/darriasArt A bit about me I worked as a game art teacher and in VR previously. My favorite magical girl is Sakura Kinomoto. My favorite game is Galaga.

I started this project during Ludum Dare last weekend and seen your competition so I decided to do both. If that's OK. My goal for this project is to get as close to a commercially viable product as possible. I do a lot of artwork that never sees any eyes. Artistically it's to make the best magical girl game ever made. My recent games have been dark and I wanted to change it up. 

I can take on teammates if you guys want to jump in. I have a prototype here I can help other projects and always welcome feedback.

contact me at Darrias@gmail.com 

HostSubmitted

"I started this project during Ludum Dare last weekend and seen your competition so I decided to do both. If that's OK"

Of course it's okay. As long as your project was created after the theme was revealed (which was around March 25th... 3 weeks before the submission opened), it's okay. I'm pretty lax with the jam rule so unless it's extremely problematic you are good

(Though I did remove the "first" submission to this jam, for submitting a paid game when the rule clearly stated the game has to be free upon submission... that and the fact that the game being submitted was three-year-old)

cool thanks

Submitted

👋

1. Heyo, I'm Jesse Kaw!
  2. Artist (for the first time!) and programmer - having worked on a few game jam games in the past, such as ATTACK_PATTRN and Strayation.
  3. I have a friend helping, we have all bases covered.
  4. Well, my game's called "A Magical Girl Crashed Through My Roof So We Went On An Adventure (or something like that)" which I think tells you what you need to know!
  5. Either here or on Twitter!
  6. Fresh off the heels of finishing 'The Demon Girl Next Door', I'm pretty excited to make my own magical girl! Momo was a super cute, calm, and collected.

Well, shoot! I didn't know about this jam until today, otherwise I would have jumped in earlier! If anyone still needs music for this next week, let me know ASAP! I'd love to do more bright, magical stuff.

1. My name's Trevor
  2. I am a composer and do some sound design. I've also written a bit. (I've also done some art and animation, but it's not my strong suit.) As far as styles go, I would do my best to fit an atmosphere to the visual style. A few pieces that might be close-ish to the styles might be this one, this little thing, or maybe this crazy one. I'm sure there are others on there as well. Suffice it to say, I love making music to match a theme!
  3. I'm looking for any team that needs some music or sound, especially if you're going for that 80's - 90's pastel nostalgia!
  4. I'm not great with game ideas, but I can help develop some story beats and punch up some dialogue.
  5. You can talk to me on here or more quickly on Twitter.
  6. Favorite games? That is a list without end. As far as magical girls, does Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess count?
Submitted

Hi there! I'd be interested in some music, if you have the time! I had a musician, but unfortunately with the state of current events, their school schedule was suddenly accelerated, and they won't have time anyone. I was going to hit up the free archives, but I'm always happy to showcase original music!

My game is a platform adventure. I have a thread with some clips of my game in action currently: https://itch.io/jam/magical-girl-game-jam/topic/751871/still-untitled-magical-gi...

Let me know if you are interested and I can send more info! Do you use discord? Or can twitter do private messages? I have twitter, but I'm pretty noob at it. :(

Ooh, dang! I hope they're going to be okay. Normal school is stressful enough without everything else going on.

Your game looks adorable and smooth so far!  Send me a pm on twitter and we can start getting things sorted out through discord.

(+1)

I'm late to the Magical Girl Game Jam, but I still want to try and see if I can find a team! c:

1. I'm Lummoire, but you can call me Lumi! 
  2. I'm a writer! While I don't have any published games, you can check out my writing samples on Lemmasoft!
  3. I'm looking for either a team or teammate, not picky on either!
  4. I'd love to help out on a cute, anime-styled visual novel OR a game that can use a narrative. Any project that could use writing, I'd be happy to pitch in on! 
  5. You can contact me on Discord: rockruff#6992!
  6. I've read tons of isekais and comics lately, but my favorite magical girl in character design and concept is La Pucelle from Magical Girl Raising Project! I think this whole theme is cute and I'd really love to work on a cute game if there's a team that needs a hand aha
Submitted(+1)

Hi!

1. My name is Frances!

2. I'm a programmer, but I can also do art, music, and writing!

3. Not looking for a team right now, since I'm using this jam to hone my art and writing skills.

4. I'm planning on making a visual novel.

5. My Discord username is:  hellohello#0302

6. I really enjoyed the game "Long Live The Queen", which had a magical girl as its lead character. I've also seen the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and liked it a lot.

(3 edits)

Hello! I'm late but hopping in anyway. This is a super cute idea & I've been needing some direction.

1. I'm Holland. Hol or whatever nickname you like is also fine ♥
  2. I'm primarily an artist and writer, but I dabble in voice acting, coding, and music as well. Not anything worth sharing, though -- I'm rather unproductive.
  3. No team. I can barely lead myself right now, nevermind a group haha
  4. The game I'm making is a very short visual novel. An enbie magical girl is recapping how they started doing what they did and where they ended up. It's a bit dark, focusing on pollution and vigilantism, but has the usual beats of a magical girl story with transformations and a cute mascot and whatnot. The player gets to choose how the other characters react to the MC, which affects the ending. I'll probably just get the skeleton of the game done in time for submissions and then have to clean it up.
  5. Reply to this post or get in touch via my Twitter (has some nsfw retweets) @ avgTrailerTrash. If you need my email for anything, just ask.
  6. There are way too many... This game is specifically pulling from my love of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (an "art thief" who is actually killing demons that replaced the original items) and Earth Maiden Arjuna (a near-death experience rapidly escalates into new age vegan propaganda, with a cool art style). I generally prefer solo magical girl anime to the big groups, as they're more likely to be plot-centric rather than trope-centric.

Edit 4/30/20: I've made good progress & am really enjoying this project. Thank you for the inspiration! It's not far enough along for me to feel comfortable submitting it, but I'm glad to have participated and look forward to seeing what else comes out of the jam.