Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really love this game. Most similar to The Beginner's Guide part, but you go further by developing whole puzzles from messages left by people.
Although the "online space" is a deliberate gimmick, every now and then there is doubt and confidence in such a description.
No matter how much I walk, following the messages left to me with small funny characters similar to mine one, the feeling of loneliness never comes. Times and I start to trust this space. Like if it was alive and frendly.
I think this is a new kind of literature - spatial writing. It can also be called a trail letter. I would like to fill in such a "blank slate" from scratch, creating my own "community"; or inviting different communities of people to do it in a truly multiplayer version.
Thanks for the meditation and new horizons!
This is one of those brilliant ideas that you feel sorry that you didn't come up with yourself. I have much to say about it, but I'll limit myself with several short theses:
1. illusion of multiplayer. It reminded us that level with fake messages from players in the Beginners Guide. The illusion was so convincing at the start, that I totally forgot that I was actually playing a standalone copy on my computer.
2. space AND time! Even after several minutes, new guys kept appearing. Just thinking about how much content is spread across this massive space made me dizzy, but then I realized that it's also spread across time... man this game is rich!
3. non-linear storytelling with strikingly effective direction. We started exploring aimlessly, but the more we wandered off the center, the less chaotic and random new stories felt. We ended up running to the x:-1000, y:-1000 pint, and back to the center, and our experience never felt boring or empty.
4. whenever I went in this white void, I never felt alone. This was a pleasant feeling, quite difficult to describe. Probably, what I felt was trust in the author and in the sincerity of their intention to guide me and say something meaningful. Thank you for that!
5. laconic style, fitting sound and music design, etc. They've set the right tone and removed all distractions.
This was great. Plain and simple. You have our most sincere gratitude for making this game and sharing it with us.
Very cool world. Left me feeling good and there was something so addictive about exploring this world. This is such a unique take on the jam topic - loved it.
This is so wholesome. It's nice to walk around and just see what other folks have to say. It's lovely to come across a group and add your own continuation. It's so simple on it's surface, but really impressive to have created in 3 days!
I appreciate the quote at the beginning which helps contextualize the need to explore. It made me really want to find the boundaries and I was surprised and delighted to find people outside of the main group around the center. Great work!
Wow, nice take on the theme!!
It was fun to just walk around and read what the blobs have to say and explore the fun interactions based on locations and dialog. It left me intrigued to see how it worked,
Pretty wholesome 10/10
So players take care of each other
Like wow, a bit too creative :o:__:o: makes me kinda anxious
Really nice atmosphere. I like the character design. It was nice and relaxing walking around talking to everyone. good job!
Wow. This is awesome. The ambience, the mood. Awesome!
My god this game is cute! And I love community driven games like this one! It is super cool! Well done!
Wow. This game is amazing. 10/10
If I come back later, will I be able to find my own questions/messages?
I love it! I think this is such a cute and fun thing to play. I had a tough day at online school but when i saw your new game I knew I had to play it! Thank you. -♡♡♡