Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions! Sticky

A topic by Lone Rabbit created May 21, 2021 Views: 1,182 Replies: 44
Viewing posts 1 to 20
Host

Feel free to ask questions about the jam here!

For the time mechanic I'm guessing stuff like time travelling is okay ?

Host(+1)

Yep!

Deleted post
Deleted post
Deleted post

so i am new to game developing and i wanted to improve my skills so is it ok if i join and try

Host

Yes! Of course, everyone is welcome to join. ^^

What about pre-made general code like, for example, dialogue system? Is it allowed? Or only stock empty project to start with?

Host(+1)

Yes that is allowed, but don't go overboard with it.

Can I use Scratch 3.0 to make the game or do I have to use something else?

Host(+2)

You can use any engine you want, but I'm pretty sure Scratch only allows you to play the game you made on their website, so maybe use the time now before the jam to learn how to do proper coding.

ok I am new to this so just wondering 馃檪

But there IS a tool that allows you to turn your Scratch files into .html files. It's called "HTMLifier" and here is the link if you want to: https://sheeptester.github.io/htmlifier/

Are physical games (like ttrpgs) accepted?

Host

Yes, although this jam is originally made for video games only, I'm not going to disallow it if you really want to submit a ttrpg/physical game entry, just keep in mind that there will be less people who can play it and rate it. ^^

Is there a theme to this jam?

Host

Yes, it will be announced at the start of the jam.

Is planning the game (e.g. a design doc) allowed before the jam starts?

Host (1 edit) (+1)

Yep! But just keep in mind that there'll be a theme which will be revealed at the start of the jam.

Submitted

but this theme which will be revealed is optional, right?

Host

Yep

Submitted

What does the Technicality Rating mean?

Host

Technically advanced. Does the game do something impressive on the programming side of things? Something like that.

Can I make an online co-op multiplayer where one player is in past and the other is in the future and they have to use different objects in their past and future to meet again - this is the story i thought of

Host

Sure, as long as some kind of time-manipulation/exploitation is involved.

Can be use art made before the game jam?

From the FAQ:

Q: Can I use pre-made assets?

A: Yes, but please ensure you have the legal rights to do so. Note that you will be asked if you or your team had created the art and/or audio for the game during the period of the jam or not; this will be displayed publicly on your game鈥檚 jam page.

Can I research time slowing mechanics before the game jam starts as long as I don't make The actual mechanic

Host

Yep!

In which time zone does it start at 6  PM ? So i can convert it to my time zone...

Itch usually shows you the time in your time zone. So I guess 6 PM GMT+2, if I calculated correctly?

thanks!

What does "Technicality" stands for in the rating?

Host

Does the game do something impressive on the programming side of things? Something along the lines of that.

Hello, is horror allowed in this jam? Also can we use blood/gore in the game?

Host(+1)

Yep! Would also be best if you include a trigger warning if there's excessive blood and gore.

Is there a reward for winning?

Submitted

Not any physical or money reward

Submitted (1 edit)

Can I make a game that the time is a resource?
like a game about managing stats of someone's life

Submitted(+2)

Late response, but i cant see why not!

Can I submit a game to your jam and to another jam at the same time. The other jam is started at the same date ?

Host

Yes, but please make sure that your game fits both jams' rules and/or themes as well.

Submitted(+1)

Will there be like a livestream of people (or hosts) who would play the games? :)

Submitted

Hi i uploaded a web version of my game but the unity bar didn鈥檛 progress so i had to make a new version. But now i can鈥檛 upload the fixed version because the voting has started is there any way i can upload the updated version?