Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How To Submit Your Game Sticky

A topic by Jonas Tyroller created Aug 14, 2022 Views: 1,793 Replies: 31
Viewing posts 1 to 16
HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+1)

This is a little guide on how to submit your game to the jam for everybody who hasn't done this before.  Let me know below if you need help or have any other questions. :)

STEP 1: Upload Your Game

Click on the little arrow next to your profile picture and name and select "Upload new project":

Give your game a title and if possible an attractive thumbnail to make sure as much people as possible will find your game and try it out:

Scroll down and upload your game files:

Save the page once and then set it to "Public" and save again: 

You should now have your game uploaded on itch and can change the look of your page if you want to:

Make sure to check if all of your downloads (or potentially the web build) work as intended!

STEP 2: Submit Your Game

Head over to the game jam page: https://itch.io/jam/wowie-jam-3 Then press the big "Submit your project" button at the top:

Select the game you just uploaded in the drop down menu at the top, fill out the other two fields, then hit submit:

Check if your submission was successful by going back to your game's itch page. You can reach your game page by clicking on your profile picture and then clicking on your game. If you see a small "Submission to Wowie Jam 4" banner in the top right corner, everything worked as intended:

Congrats, you did it! Wowieeeee!!! That's all you needed to do. Make sure to play and rate as many other games as possible as soon as the one week rating period starts. This tab will unlock as soon as the main part of the jam is over: https://itch.io/jam/wowie-jam-4/entries

FAQ

Can I update my game after the jam is over?

No, games are locked during the one week rating period.

I missed the deadline? What to do?

Due to the large amount of participants and also for the sake of fairness you can not submit or upload games after the jam has ended. There might be a very small grace period after the jam is over, bu that's it. 

Submitted

Can I submit after 6 min late?

Submitted

Usually that's not possible

Submitted(+1)

billy bob?

Submitted(-1)

NO

Submitted

BILLYBOB BILLYBOB

Submitted

bob yllib

Submitted

Can I update my game, for example, tomorrow? During the jam if someone finds bugs I mean :) Thanks!

Submitted

You can only update it during the jam submit period after the grading of the jam has ended. During grading is a no go.

Submitted

thanks!

Submitted

I made the Page, submitted it and after that uploaded a file, is that okay?

HostSubmitted

Yes

Submitted

Could I update my game BEFORE the rating period starts? I already submitted it but I would like to add a few more things.

HostSubmitted

Yes

Submitted

Can I submit early, and continue to work on the game (and submit additional changes) until time is up? Or is it one-and-done deal for submission?

Submitted(+1)

You can submit early and keep working. That is actually highly reccommended.

Submitted(+1)

That's good, I'll do that then. Thank you kindly.

Submitted

Good to know, because that is what I did. Can you submit 2 games, because I made 2?

Submitted

You can only submit 1 game in a jam(if not required)

Submitted

Really, i hear you are allowed to

Submitted

You mean uploading an update? if that so , Yes! Yes you can! But I think you can upload multiple games in a jam if you do all of the games within the given time by the Jams..

Submitted

I did. I made one that was okay, so I built off of it. They both have a similar concept, but different art/theme

Submitted(+1)

Soooo, I submitted the Wrong game, how do i withdraw that one lol In fact i submitted both, The wrong game(Evolution: Prime). The Correct Game(Norbert The Anti-Virus)

Submitted

Just delete it.

Submitted

yeah, i found, if you go to the game in your profile, in the top right where it says Submitted to Wowie, you can remove the game from there

Submitted

Great! 

Submitted

My game has to do with fish Haha! Mine is probably not as good though. 

Submitted

Can I change my description after the submission period ends?

HostSubmitted

Yes

Submitted

Great short tutorial :D

Thank you ♥

Submitted

Man, we submitted and itch screwed us because we had to verify our account.

we made our game, went to the game jam. Clicked on submit entry and did everything to enter the game. We even published it and setup the page and the link is working but later looks like it enter into the Wowie jam for some reason. Not sure what happened.