Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Progress Megathread

A topic by amusudan created Mar 24, 2018 Views: 1,416 Replies: 35
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 24 · Next page · Last page
Submitted(+3)
Post your progress gifs/screenshots here!

I'll start :)

My game is procedural horde management set in a base on some distant planet that is infested with alien parasites.

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Things will be clearer once it progresses, but the idea is moving left = turn 90 degrees left for both characters platforms (the ones they're currently standing on), moving right = 90 degrees right for both and this is additive :D

Lets hope I actually finish on time :D (more platforms and static ones to be added, so you can actually move around in the level)

(1 edit) (+4)

Hi there !

So here's Slimy, a lazy slime which wont jump if it doens't have enough food ! So i'm going for a simple puzzle platformer. The mechanic is done, I'm now making levels with particular mechanics in each one (moving platform, etc).

Some arts are just placeholders (like the spikes, the player, etc).

Submitted

Love the idea!

Your game looks really cool. Can't wait to play it.

Submitted

Looking good guys :)

Submitted(+2)

Stamina is limited, but you can sacrifice HP. Wasn't able to work as much as I wanted on the game, but hope I still can add and polish it until the deadline.

Submitted

Good job guys.

Submitted(+1)

My game is based on a barren island, with limited/scarce sources of drinkable water. Not sure on the end goal just yet, but I have a few ideas.

Submitted(+2)

A good game for sure <3

Have you never dream to incarnate a panda in the space ?? It's Done ;)

It's a game where the player will need to explore the space to find some bamboos, with goal to conquer the heart of her loved female <3

But be carefull, oxygen and fuel are really scarce in this space, don't throw  foolishly ;)

Submitted(+5)

Working on all the little details! Still have a lot left to do but I'm hoping to get everything done in time. I have never made a game like this before!

Host

These all look great!

(+4)

This is the first game I have ever actually programmed. I prefer to do pixel art the most. Since it's my first game i'm making, I wanted to give it the art style of first game I ever played being on the gameboy. It will a lot like megaman or cuphead. So shoot, run, and dodge!

I love the graphic! Looking forward to it.

Im a potato

Submitted(+4)

Excited to be participating in my first game jam!

My game is called Final Flowers (I think). Try and rescue the last remaining flowers of a barren planet, as they supply you with the air you'll need to survive the toxic environment they're hiding in. You have unlimited bombs in a completely destructible world, but they require precious air to use. I wonder what's at the bottom...?

Only 24 hrs left. Crunch time!

Submitted

Everything posted here looks amazing! Can't wait to see the finished submissions!

(1 edit) (+5)

Yeah, this jam is rocking !

Little update for the little Slimy ! I done lots of arts (like Slimy :p) and added sound effects, with a little reverb using the Godot's audio bus system (now it sounds like the little guy is in a large cave !). I also added some levels with mechanics (like shown above, with bouncing pad). Now, lazy Slimy is also an hungry one, and won't jump if its belly is empty ! :D

I'm pretty excited to see how my first game jam will end ! Have fun making games :3

Submitted

It's cool to see the progress from your first preview :)

Submitted

I'm finishing mine but it's gonna be really close, I hope there is nothing special to know for compiling with GMS2 and uploading here because I'm not counting this part.

Submitted

If it works like GMS1.4 then you just need to go File > Export and select single runtime executable (not a Windows installer). It will output the executable and then you just upload to itch.io - it's very easy.

Submitted(+1)

Coming in for a close shave this jam around I feel, it's coming together!

All of the stuff here looks great btw :D

Submitted(+2)

https://itch.io/jam/heartjam/rate/238595
Finished my entry just now.

Submitted(+1)

Aaand it's done. Wow that was hot. It's 1 AM here. Finally I managed to do almost everything i wanted. This is my first time "publishing" a game, I usually only do some projects for fun then stop them.

https://itch.io/jam/heartjam/rate/238677

Submitted

"This is my first time "publishing" a game, I usually only do some projects for fun then stop them."

SAME! Good job though!

Submitted

Well.. it looks good. Couldn't download it.

Submitted

OMG I didn't upload it xD Thanks there are only a few minutes left when I wake up this morning.

Submitted

Thank goodness you got it, I'll have to play now. :)

Submitted

Seems there is a problem with the .exe so I uploaded a zip. Can't wait to test all these games!

Submitted

Ye, I tried to play it, didn't work. .zip files are ideal.

Submitted

Haha you woke up at the same time as me! Good that you still have time to upload

Submitted

Yes I would have been so much disappointed...

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 24 · Next page · Last page