Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

20+ Ratings

A topic by Stunningham created Sep 14, 2019 Views: 700 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

What happened to 20 ratings being required? In the final rankings there are numerous games that were rated well below the minimum stated in the ranking rules; example is overall the #4 game only has like 8 ratings. Seems all the ratings are a bit cheesed by this.

Submitted

Yup..

Submitted

Yeah i looked at the top games and so many are <20

That would make people that actually put their game on the community threat at a disadvantage and if the rule was actually implemented make their game rank 20% better, but oh well

Submitted

I'll answer quickly 'cause here is so late. Hope I am clear.

What we see is the ranking automatically generated by itch.io.

The 20-ratings rule is a (wise) addition of the organizers and not in the code that generated the list (that still does implement an analogous mechanism, see the scores in the last pages). The 20 ratings rule is like an "additional" filter.

Anyway, I was curious to see my position excluding the submissions below 20 ratings so if I have the time I'll write some code to filter the results and generate an above-20 ranking, unless someone else does it before me.

Submitted

I filtered out the submissions with <20 ratings to check my rank without them. In case anyone else is also interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1qBNua43OBGSgee0RFc6ISn_gylPtdKBvv0WP1L...

Submitted

Made that too, I was about to write a message but you were faster. :)

Submitted

Thanks for putting that up. Took my game from #121 to #71 Overall. 

Submitted

Thanks and great work, took my game from #518 to #265. 

Submitted

Oh very cool!  I went from 71st to 45th hehe.  Also, I updated my entry if anyone wants to check it out!