Hey, there. I've been making games for years, and years, and years, but I've never been good at actually following through and finishing games. It's similarly hard for me to finish a song, but I can do it when I buckle down and put my mind to it. I've postponed / abandoned some great games over the years. So, I'm wondering. How do you stay focused?
- Do you have multiple projects?
- Do you force yourself to finish what you start?
- Do you try to keep interested by building fun, new ideas into your current game?
- Do you lock the size of the game down to help give you a "canvas" to paint in?
- Do you just work until you get bored, and then release what you have?
- Do you eat a lot?
- Do you have a pet, perhaps a hamster named Nibbles, create your game for you? (Note that the hamster could also have another name.)