Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Voting

A topic by Armanda created Dec 30, 2021 Views: 291 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+1)

Sorry to ask this basic question, but how voting works? 

It's the first time I'm on a rated jam and wanted to be sure to be able to do it correctly. Thanks

Submitted(+1)

Ash might be able to provide more information, but when you click on a submission, it has a place where you can give a 1-5 star rating based on the question, “Should this be in the Tiny Tome.”

They won’t be able to see what you rated it, just the totals from everyone, and it doesn’t affect the public rating on the game’s main Itch page.

Submitted

thanks!

Host

Correct! 

Submitted

thanks for your explanation! As there are so many games to look at and we can't see rates/reviews, I guess it's better to rate games using the "least rated" option?

Submitted(+1)

another option is to rate them in order of submission. After a bit you can even filter out the ones you already rated.

Submitted(+1)

oh yeah great idea

I already looked at some of the "least rated" but I'll also look at the order of submission 

Submitted(+1)

It is definitely a LOT of games, but it's doable to rate them all. And ratings aren't guaranteed to be 5-star, so it's good to go after games you really want to see included. If you have time, you can go from there since you can filter out the ones you've rated  already :)

Submitted(+1)

I feel bad rating anything less than 5.  Indie creators need love, and I'd be crushed by like a 4 star, so ... 5s all around!

Submitted(+4)

The rankings in the jam don't affect the game's overall ratings. The only person who will see the overall results are Ash. It's also not asking which games are good or not, only what would be best for the jam. By ranking EVERYTHING 5 star, you're only making things a bit more difficult for the person running the jam c.c

Submitted(+2)

Eek.  Well then, I suppose I shouldn't rank any but my faves, as less than 5 feels an insult.  Emotional balancing act!