Play gameMidas Touch's itch.io page
|Use of the Limitation||#16||3.581||3.581|
Ranked from 31 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Coding (Construct), Art (Aseprite & Krita), Music (Reaper & some VST)
Use of the limitation
Turn everything you touch into gold. Collect the gold. Survive for 60 seconds.
More than enough.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Congratulations on 1st place!
But why is this only 16th for use of limitation? That makes no sense at all. This used the theme and limitation perfectly.
Thanks, it's nice because I was debating over making 3d games or 2d games because 3d games are cool but more complex to make but the fact that I apparently managed to make something enjoyable in 2d will maybe give me the strength to continue in this direction and focus more on game mechanics.
Yeah, there’s plenty of things to be done in 2d. I look forward to seeing what you do with this project!
Thanks. I have some ideas to improve the game, I will certainly try to make a better version this summer.
I love this game, trains your attention and overall, its good. The art is good, and the music is nice. 10/10
I absolutely adore the art, it's minimal, yet feels really polished and just very pleasant to look at. I did find it that I was able to just use the hand and not care about where the crown is, but it was still really fun, well done!
Played the game on the stream, if you wanted to see some gameplay:
Excellent concept and ideas! The sound also fits the game well. 10300 is my best score so far ;)
I really like the idea of controlling two objects at once, creates interesting gameplay! Art is also really nice, works really well :) Got 12,500 points!
Not a lot to say.
- Art and animation: impeccable. The hand drawn-looking art was great.
- Tutorial: Also excellent. Just showing the controls below each icon and forcing the player to perform the core mechanic before starting the game was excellent.
- It's a 'pat your head, rub your belly' sort of game, and figuring out how to navigate the crown and the hand at the same time took a few runs. Then, I started winning runs. Then, I noticed there's a recommended high score, and I was close. It did a good job of making me play 'one more game', despite the content never changing between runs.
- My technique was to freeze all the swords for about 30s, then alternative collection runs and more freezing. I tried not to do both at the same time. The first 30s of freezing were pretty boring, though, once I got used to it. Just run the mouse in quick circles. I almost wish the game started with the screen strewn with frozen swords, just to skip the kind-of boring build up phase.
- I don't think I hit a single bug (except possibly an off-by-one pixel error in the text rendering on the game over screen?). 0 noticeable bugs is excellent for a jam game.
Good work. Thanks for making this excellent little game!
The very best part of this concept is that you make the player greedy, seeing all those golden swords strewn about. But after a couple of tries, one realizes that greed will kill you. A well-told story in the least amount of pixels.
Liked the screen-shake, when you transform an enemy.
A mechanic that would have made it even more interesting would have been that some ememies require that you hold your hand over them for a 1-second duration, instead of simply sweeping over them.
Well done, Julien!
(11200 was my highscore, after 7 tries.)
Really cool concept, and I love the music! Great game (:
Thanks! I tried your game and the concept was cool too.
This game is really cool! I love the art and music, and it's a lot of fun to play! I think the difficulty is balanced enough to be challenging and fun.
Thanks for playing. I'm glad you had a good time as I have with your game :)
This is great! Love the dual input idea, it's simple but unique and it's a fun balance trying to collect but not getting too greedy. Reallly like the 'baba is you' esque art style, feedback on midas-touching a dagger, and music loop too.
Really entertaining and i liked the difficulty of having to play as both the crown and the hand
nice game! I liked how you had to collect the gold. that kept the player on their toes.
this a five star game right here
one of my favourites of this jam so far
Thanks a lot! I used to make 3d games, it was interesting to go back to 2D because I was able to work more on the game mechanic.
I tried your game, it was enjoyable with a great pixel art look!
Simple and nice graphics, but awesome concept !
Thanks! I'm working on a more polished version for the visuals. I like the silhouette/minimalist style but here, it needs to be improved. It's impressive the graphics you managed to make during this game jam.
Super fun game and the style of it matches with itself in a great way, congratulations
Thanks a lot ! I tried yours and it was nice too, it reminded the game Thomas was alone.
thank you! And yes Thomas was alone was the inspiration for the style :D
Very nice! :)
Thanks for playing! I tried your game, it was quite nice too, especially the art style and the mood!
Super cool! Love the art style and colours + the sound fx really add some nice feel to the controls. The concept and design are really well done and really interesting interpretation of the theme. Fantastic Job!
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked it. I have a lot of ideas to improve the game, now it depends on my motivation to go on with this project. :)