Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introduce yourself! Sticky

A topic by badlogic created Dec 13, 2015 Views: 9,742 Replies: 191
Viewing posts 157 to 176 of 197 · Next page · Previous page · First page · Last page
Submitted

Hello everyone!

I'm a current comp. sci. student who has been interested in developing video games and creating software. I've only made about 2 basic games from scratch as personal projects but they were very basic so I've recently been looking at using LibGDX to make the process of creating games easier, hopefully.

Hi , I'm pavitran

Hiho, this is noone, or nooone, or noooone, or nooooone, or ...

I've contributed a few things to libgdx itself and love using it to create games (or rather prototypes I never finish) in my spare time.

This is my first jam ever and I'm probably going to participate alone. I'll probably use Box2D and premade art that I buy for a few bucks.

Nice to see you here :)

(1 edit)

Hi! It is I, EvilEntity! Gonna make me a game in kotlin, fun stuff!

Submitted

Hi all!

My name is David, and I am a web developer from Austria!

After playing around with libGDX for a few years now (prototyping), I actually never built a full game with it. So I figured this game jam will be a nice opportunity to do just that. Or at least a nice learning experience :)

Have fun everybody, and good luck with your projects!

Submitted (2 edits)

Hi!

I'm @CarniBlood. I have been using libGDX sometimes in the last two years for prototyping game ideas, and I'm excited to participate this jam and see what everybody will be making!

I'm a game programmer for a AAA project by day, and also working on a VR educational game by myself in my free time.
I don't have so much time left for another project, so I will mostly work on this game during my subway commute :)
I'm will team up with @PouleyKetchoup who will do all the art, so I can concentrate on the coding and do almost 100% of the work on my smartphone, thanks to AndroidIDE. We will both participate to the game design.

I will re-use one unfinished point-and-click engine I was using for a previous prototype to start with, and will pretty much stick with libGDX only, but maybe also use Java Behaviour Trees library depending on my needs for interaction and AI.

Hello. I am Roman Müller. A software developer from germany currently workin on a Java EE web project.

I started with game development a couple of months ago. This jam-project will be my second game. The first was a rubiks cube developed with libgdx. Libgdx is awesome.

Because I want to learn new things during this jam I will try to write the game in Python using Jython. It will also serve as a method of code obfuscation :D :P.

These are the tools I plan to use:

• Graphics: Blender and paint.net (maybe inkscape or gimp if paint.net lacks some features).
  • Sound: Audacity
  • Code editing: Eclipse
  • Version control: Git
Wish everybody a fun and educational jam. :-)
Submitted

Ahoy,

I'm Peter, I work for a big corporation as an Intern IT supporter, and hopefully from next year continue to work there as a Junior IT engineer.

In my free time I love developing smaller games, but never really show/share it with anyone, so I'm glad to join this jam and see all these awesome work you guys do, and will be glad to share a project of mine too finally.

I'll use libGDX and box2D, I already have a (in my opinion :D) kinda cool game idea.

Br,
Peter

Submitted (1 edit)

Hi,

I'm a game developer from France, currently working as a programmer on a AAA game in the US.

I'm going to join CarniBlood (a few posts above) for this game jam, and I'll mostly work on the art. I like drawing but I'm not a professional artist so we'll see how it goes :) A lot to learn in a very short time but I think it will be lots of fun too :D

Good luck everybody!

Hello,

I'm Lee Stemkoski, a college professor that particularly enjoys teaching courses on video game programming. I recently wrote a book called Beginning Java Game Development with LibGDX - for more information, check out my blog post here (and if you're interested in receiving a free eBook copy in exchange for writing an honest review, feel free to contact me by email!).

I decided to join this game jam to see how far I can push and adapt the code base developed in the book. I'll be using Tiled (http://www.mapeditor.org/) for level design and Box2D (http://box2d.org/) for physics. For prototyping I'll be using some spritesheets from http://kenney.nl/ and text from http://cooltext.com. If time permits, I'll work on some custom art assets later using a combination of MyPaint and GIMP. Sound will be from http://incompetech.com and http://www.freesound.org/, and again, time permitting, I'll work on custom assets using LMMS and Audacity.

Favorite color: RGB(0, 51, 102) == #003366 == "Midnight Blue".

Good luck, everyone!

Hi,

i'm Gabriel a young dev of mobile games. I discovered libgdx two months ago, and now i'm here! This is my second Jam and i'm very enthusiasticto partecipate!

I use:

-Intellij IDEA

-Sprite From OpenGameArt

-TileMap

-Sound From FreeSounds

-And code by me :)

Hey there!

I'm Jeff and I am currently a computer science student. I've made 2 android games using libGdx and now I'll try a crack at this jam.

I will be working alone on this project.

I'll be using GIMP for art and using the sound generator Bfxr.

Thanks for having and happy holidays!

Submitted (2 edits)

Hi I'm Grant with FiveMedia, (fivemedia.ca

We recently used libgdx to create a game for desktop and android TV- a great framework for Java game makers.

W'll be putting a space/puzzle/platform we together for this game jam, reusing some of our libraries (and knowledge) built on libgdx.

Tiled is our level editor

And texture packer for making sprite sheets

Pikopixel for art

And sublime text for ide

Should be fun,

Grant

Submitted (2 edits)

Hi,

Im Yitz, Ive spent alot of time playing around with libgdx making games outside of school, and this is my first jam!

Ill be making an awesome casual game that will compliment the theme very nicely.

For graphics ill be using iDraw, for sound Audacity and cfxr.

Hey y'all, I'm Ben and always seemingly late to the party (just found out about this jam a second ago)...

I'm currently living in Melbourne & like anyone who is reading this far in, have a habbit of impulsively signing up for online game jams. I also run a fantasy game developer league with my friends (first one to actually finish a game wins),

Given the time limit I'll probably just use a pretty boring tech stack for this (java 8 targeting just the desktop). Although already reading some of the dev logs I might see how kotlin fares. As for tooling I'll do some research and should be covered within the devblog for this project.

Submitted

Hi.

I´m Angel from Spain.

I´m a teacher and teach libgdx to my students.

This is my first 'jam'. I developer games to show my students how libgdx work.

I'm going to work alone in this jam. I will use blender, audicity and Android Studio.

Viewing posts 157 to 176 of 197 · Next page · Previous page · First page · Last page