Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

We did it! First gamejammers

A topic by Lewis Marks created May 30, 2022 Views: 413 Replies: 20
Viewing posts 1 to 21
Submitted(+3)

Seeing a lot of people that are participating in their first game jam here like me. It really boosts my motivation seeing everyone's games here. Keep it up everyone, your games are truly inspiring!

I'd be honoured if y'all would check out mine here too. Looking forward to playing everyone's games after submissions close.

https://lew1smarks1.itch.io/ghostman

Excited to be inspired from everyone else's games. Hollar here if you're a firstie!

Submitted(+2)

This was my first jam as well! Now that I'm finished I was going through as many submissions as I can and trying to leave feedback. As I said on your itch page, what a great puzzle game. Really clever design! Good work, man.

Submitted(+2)

My first jam also, I've learned a lot in the past 10 days!

Submitted(+2)

Another first jammer here.  Lots of fun.  

Submitted(+2)

And another first time jammer here

Submitted(+2)

Another first jammer right here.

Submitted(+1)

This was my first game jam as well. :D And talk about a time crunch. Had to do it in between the wife's birthday and in-laws visiting. haha

Submitted(+2)

It's a first for me, too! Upside of catching covid was having more time to devote to this game jam... in between fever dreams.

Submitted(+1)

Just double checking I've submitted, well done everyone!

Submitted(+1)

Me too! First game jam and also first game in general!

If you like here is the submission! 

Brainy Mummy Rush by ArkticLittleWolf (itch.io)

Can't wait to play your games in the next days!

Submitted(+1)

This was a first for me as well! I thought I was on top of the time frame, but I wound up submitting my game at 5am last night LOL!

Totally worth it though, and I look forward to more Jams with you all in the future

Submitted(+1)

Nice work! Love the idea and art style.
Also a pretty cool logo.

Submitted(+1)

First jam AND first game (outside of a class project). Been fun and stoked to see everyone's stuff!

Submitted(+1)

Wow your games are all so coool!

Submitted(+1)

Same here people, this was also my first game jam and it was a fantastic experience!

Submitted(+1)

First game and first jam. It was a great learning experience, because I got to experiment with specific game mechanics.

Submitted(+1)

While it's not my first Dev Jam, it's the first I have worked solo for 10 days straight in the middle of Freelance work and, for 1/3 of it, while having a full time job. I worked around 78 hours in various stuff and jobs this week. I just slept around 6 hours right after submitting my project for the Jam.

If you want a good idea about what to do at the end of a Jam, here's what I'm currently doing:

- I ordered a bunch of food. Enough for 2-3 meals. (Note: I'm living alone. You might have to limit it to a single meal if you're in a family)
- I'm sitting playing on the PC or watching movies/shows for the next 48 hours
- IF my customers contact me, I work, but I do nothing else work-related.

I don't touch any game development or web development for the next 48 hours and limit my work to the bare minimum.

Submitted(+1)

Yah first jam crew! Great job everyone.

Submitted(+1)

Congratulations to all first time jammers! <3

I'm going to try and play some of your submissions and leave some feedback wherever I can! :D

Submitted(+1)

Same for me, congratulations to us all :D!

Definitely the best way to assimilate the process of creating a game.

Submitted (1 edit)

I'm stoked! Looking forward to trying out everyone's games this week!