Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I feel old... But it's my first jam too!

A topic by Bitshaper created Jan 26, 2021 Views: 907 Replies: 29
Viewing posts 1 to 27
(3 edits) (+4)

Twenty-five, and attempting my first ever game jam! Next to all these eleven and fourteen-year-olds, I'm wondering how I got started so late...

Anyone else here from the 25+ age group?

It'll be interesting to try working around a full-time work schedule, but I want to actually try and make something small, fun, and playable. I can't wait for the theme voting to start! 😁

I plan on using Unity, as it's really the only engine I know. I some skill in Blender 3D modeling, and have produced a couple of completed C# and VBA applications for customers. (Also, I'm a bit of a novice at pixel art, but hey: I made my own profile picture!)

(+3)

Hi! Im 25 these year, and it will also be my first game jam. Im pretty excited for it ! :D

I started playing with unity and blender a few weeks ago and i just hope i will be able to deliver something working in that 7 day  period. 

(1 edit) (+1)

You and me both pal! My challenge will be not letting myself get stuck in feature creep and try to make the game too big... (those never get finished) I haven't had many game ideas that were this small in scope 😅

(+2)

i'm looking forward to check out Your game. Good luck ! :D 

(+1)

Hey, I'm 23 and i'm just starting to learn unity and C#. It's never late to learn (i guess) and i'm looking foward for the experience. Good luck  

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Submitted(+2)

Im 20 bro I feel late too compared to these kids, looking for partners rn for the Jam, Im experienced with Unity, C#, and blender for 3d modelling. This is my very first Jam (Still might not even do it XD) But if so, id like to focus myself on the programming aspect as it looks like a lot of people are offering their modelling, animating and music skills. Anyone here feel free to hmu.

Discord is: acemoisan#6982

(+2)

Heyyyyy yeah I'm a kid but it's never too late to start, so good luck :)

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted(+1)

Please dude dont advertise your channel.

(+2)

You should not feel old. I am 26 and looking forward to this game jam. It was not until fairly recently that unity became popular. There are indie game devs that are  older so don't worry.  This will be my second game jam. Hopefully I don't fall into the trap in making the game too big! :)

Thanks for the encouragement LevelUp25! Good luck with your game when the time comes!

(+1)

26 over here, and first time joining GameJam as well! Good luck and have fun in this event :D!!

Submitted(+2)

I'm kind of happy to see this post. I'm 23 and I was wondering too if I was too old compared to the others participating

Submitted(+5)

You are never too old to make awesome games and enjoy learning game dev :) 35yrs old - anyone older haha

Submitted(+3)

36 over here, and my first jam too. Agree with misterG420, doesn’t matter about age as long as you enjoy learning and making games. And even if your game is of a lesser ‘quality‘ than others it doesn’t matter, you should be proud of everything you do.

Submitted(+1)

Younger developers tend to make more community posts in jams but trust me, there are PLENTY of people around your age here :)

Submitted

I'm new to Jams as well, although this is my 5th one, if you need a partner let me know! I can also do coding and basic pixel art.

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

LOL.  Good luck kids.  I'm 53 later this month :-)  This is my second jam.  I did Brackeys 2020.1.

Submitted(+2)

In my early 30s, but I love game jams!  Just did my first back in October.  Also looking to work with a team that is not comprised only of jammers half my age.  If you are in need of any audio, be it either music, sound effects, or both, please send me a message on Discord:  AudioJim#1289

here's my website with some past work in case you're interested!  
www.sound-array.com

Deleted post
(+1)

Hey, I'm 13 too!

(+2)

Im 30 years old and this is my first game jam ever. 

(+1)

39, first jam ! 

Unity game designer, programmer, and can make assets as well here. Also have recording equipment. I am looking for a team to work with if this is still available? Oh and I am 32 years old.

Submitted

Do I win then?  What do I win? :-D

Just turning 25 here in a week or so and i only discovered game jams within the last 6 months or so. I've been pretty obsessed since then and have had a ton of fun making games. 

I do feel a bit old in some of these jams but these jams are mostly just for the fun and experience. 

I've learned a ton and have gotten a lot of good feedback that I think has helped me improve as a programmer and game designer. 

Submitted

I'm 22 and this is my 5th one so don't feel alone

Hi Everyone, 26 (almost 27) here! I have never completed a game before, not even a prototype, and i intend on using MonoGame (C#). Wish everyone good luck!

Yo, I'm 27. Age has nothing to do with the path into gamedev; you can start down it at any age!