Recent community posts
Thanks for your feedback. Yeah no attack is guaranteed. I wonder if the special attack should be a sure thing or not and make the cooldown longer. Something to thing about ... Anyway, the game is indeed 64x64 ... I had just increased the display size in the index.html to 512x512 to make it easier to view/play. I have since updated it.
Thanks for your comments. I hope to keep working on the battle system. The game is indeed 64x64 ... I had just increased the display size in the index.html to 512x512 to make it easier to view/play. I have since updated it.
Hrmm it is 64x64 ... I just increased the display size to 512x512 in the WebGL file, so it wouldn't be so hard to play / view. Since people are having issues with it, I'll edit the index.html and resubmit it.
Looks like I'm stumped ... I've tried a number of methods to work out if the King is in check, but can't nail it down and I've ended up with a bunch of messy code that only half works. I'm half tempted to just leave it up to the players to use the honour system and work it out themselves.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Thought it was about time I gave you an update ...
I've got the main screen with fish spawning from the left and right -- though at the moment, they collide with each other, which is kinda fun to watch.
All da fish ... #fishingjam #gamedev #dropthehook pic.twitter.com/BO8dB4Zprq
— sikosis (@sikosis) September 30, 2016
and here's my prototype of the arm / hook using a spring joint:-
... is the name of the game I'm making in Unity and publishing in WebGL (960x640). I'm going to be dabbling with a two player (local multiplayer - yay!) fishing game in a race to catch and pull up the most fish (points based). There's an arcade game called Pirate's Hook that my son plays at a local shopping centre. That's my inspiration for this gamejam.
I hope to learn a few more techniques and release a complete and fun game to play.
I was mucking around with this last night. I found if you set the project settings for the Player (web and app) to 64 x 64 size then all was good. Only problem is when building for the web, you get this large unity logo (which does disappear) but you also get the "Development Build" text that doesn't disappear and covers 1/3 of a screen real estate in a 64 x 64 window. I'm thinking of making the web one 64 x 96 to accomodate for the text but just use the 64 x 64 area. Either that or I abandon using the web player.