My game project for the past five years is finally ready for beta testing, and will be released on the 4th of February this year. I've marked all files as free-to-download for the duration of the beta test.
Type of feedback I'm looking for:
- Any and all actual bugs, from the smallest typo to the largest game-does-not-run-at-all bug.
- Specific parts of the game that are not fun.
- Comments on game difficulty and balance.
- Easy-to-implement improvement suggestions.
Less useful feedback:
- Hard-to-implement improvement suggestions. (I'll keep them in mind for my next game, but it's probably too late for this game.)
- Comments on overall game structure and story structure. (Again, it's probably too late to change anything for this game.)
Don't bother with:
- "I don't like this type of game." (Fair enough, but this is the type of game I wanted to write.)
- "This game sucks." (Be specific about what you don't like.)
- "This game needs better art." (If I could afford to hire a professional artist, I would have already done so.)