Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How to add Community Copies

A topic by Chris Bissette created May 18, 2020 Views: 6,097 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 13
HostSubmitted(+31)

A few people reached out to me on Twitter and asked how to add Community Copies to their games once they've been uploaded to itch, so I wanted to add a quick tutorial about how to do that. It's very easy but it's not particularly intuitive if you don't know what you're looking for!

First go to the Dashboard of your game and click Edit Game, then find the dropdown menu under More. You'll see an option for Rewards. Click that.

Scroll down a little if you need to and you'll see an option to add a new Reward. This is where you set the price - which for Community Copies is generally set to free, but I've seen other creators offer a reduced price instead. You can also set how many copies you're making available t this price.

Once you're happy, click Save and you're done.

For anybody wondering, this is the section I used to set up Print copies of The Wretched as well - I just set the Reward to a higher price and kept the quantity low. The drawback of doing it this was vs. something like BigCartel site was that I had to individually email people to collect their addresses etc to send out the physical copies, so I wouldn't recommend using this for high volume print runs.

Hope this helps!

(+2)

Thank you for this!

Submitted(+1)

I am so grateful that this exists.

(+1)

Hey Chris, thanks for making this!

I was wondering, do you manually update the number of Community Copies with each sale? That seems like it could get tedious.

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

I manually update them once they run out :)

Thanks for this :)

Still helping folx! Much appreciated

Thank you very much!

Very helpful, thanks!

Thanks!!

I actually found this on Google and it helped greatly thank you!

Thank you!

This helped so much, thank you.

HostSubmitted

You’re welcome!

Thanks for this, Chris! Just to make sure I'm reading it right, does this automatically give them access to the file? Or do you have to email it to them? I've been manually emailing community copies to the accounts that claimed it, but am starting to wonder if I need to be doing that haha.

HostSubmitted(+1)

This automatically gives access to the file