Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What's the state of your games?

A topic by Flyx created Aug 14, 2022 Views: 272 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 14
Submitted

I'm just at the point where 90% of my main mechanics are done and I can finally start "building" my game and it's story. xD

How far are you? Anyone who is already done?

Submitted

I am done! I'm a bit worried if there are gonna be bugs or something like that, but i think it turned out allright

Submitted

I'm at about that same stage too!  I also haven't got to any sound work yet so that's burning on my mind to make sure I allow some space for that today...  It always takes longer than I allow for!

Submitted

Just got the AI fully working and just ironing out some bugs. 2 levels in so far; hoping to make at least 5 or 10. I'm making very small levels to keep things simple.

Submitted

I have finished the game mechanics and am now stuck at the point, where the AI should come into play. Honestly, I don't know if I can finish it in time :(

Submitted

mine is basicly done but im a bit unhappy how it turned out

Submitted

I'm almost done with the gameplay, after that its just polish and I'm done!

Submitted

It's technically finished, since you can play, win, and lose it, and It's uploaded so even if I don't work on it any further, its good to go. But it could certainly use some refinement, if I can summon the willpower. I need to rest my eyes, get fresh air, and eat, and general human things.

Submitted

I spent a long time trying to do things the "right" way but now  I've realized that's not how game jams work. I just finished working on my dialogue framework. but still no game.

Submitted

I need to make a menu system and polish everything up a bit, then I will technically be finished. The game idea did not go near as planned and I almost scrapped the project because I over scoped, but now I am almost done.

Also my game is like a battle sandbox game where you have three types of drones: the Enemy Drone which shoots rockets at the player, the Offense Drone which Attacks Enemy Drones, and the Shield Drone which does nothing atm. I am struggling to figure out what to do with it. I am thinking of just leaving it as it is (basically a stationary drone that blocks missiles) but that would be confusing imo. I think a good idea would be to make it attack enemy missiles and destroy them before they hit the player, but I feel like that is a waste of time I could be spending on the menu system and polish, so idk.

Submitted

it goes suprisingly well tbh we aint heading any major bugs as well as it seems like we are almost done. Probably the last 20 hours only one of us can continue to work on the game means that he is our last hope :P 

Submitted

I've already submitted my game but I'm a bit worried if it isn't as good as my other jam games or if it will be fun to even play.

Submitted

i worked wayyyyy too hard on the mechanics and other stuff like the art and story, im just now starting to build the actual levels lmao

Submitted

It was the same for me, never had anything done in godot or gdscript, so I needed 2 out of 3 days to geht the basic construct running, and then only had a few hours left for actual content. xD
Hope you got things finished though?

Submitted

i actually got it finished at 1 in the morning, almost hit the sack before seeing that 1 hour got added to the deadline, and added one last feature. I really wish i added a lot more hints in the game because right off the bat you gotta figure out how to solve the first level, and i just realized that not all people spent 3 hours in total testing the game to know how to solve the levels, ironically the game got easier as the levels went by. I really wish they didnt just play the game, messed around with the bot, and left

Submitted

I feel everyone who is still working on it because he/she has spend to much time on one or multiple features... just finish it somehow guys! I know you can do it!