Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome Sticky

A topic by ACGodliman created Apr 04, 2021 Views: 682 Replies: 28
Viewing posts 1 to 12
HostSubmitted

Say hello, ask questions, that kind of thing.

Submitted

This is so exciting!

It's a great idea

Submitted

This is such a cool jam idea! I cannot wait to start something comically overscoped like an RPG you play with postcards.

Is there a discord server associated with the jam?

HostSubmitted(+1)

no discord I’m afraid, just using the board option here for the time being, I’ll look into it though.

Submitted

Fair! I've thrown together a discord or two and I'd be down to set one up for this jam or give you a hand if desired

HostSubmitted(+1)

If you’ve  got experience running them that would be amazing, just something temporary for the month of the jam and maybe a couple of weeks post?

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I have a small  server I run for friends I've made who play magic: the gathering, so I'm not completely new to it. Not 100% finished atm, but I got a bot and some basic channels set up. Send me a friend request on discord so I can send you an invite privately before opening it up to everyone

HostSubmitted

done! You’ll have a request from acg

Submitted

Has this happened yet?  :)

HostSubmitted

yes! You can find it here: https://discord.gg/GW8W3bjz

Submitted

Thanks!

HostSubmitted(+2)

Can’t believe we’ve got 100 participants! So glad people seem up for this.

Making a big brew-haha of the launch feels weird for something intended to have a slow pace and run for a month but I’m excited for tomorrow none the less! 

(+1)

Not sure I will actually have time to produce anything with work/family/life right now, but since the duration is a month my optimistic side says to give it a shot.

Will there be an additional theme revealed when the event starts, or is it just what is stated on the overview page this time?

HostSubmitted(+1)

There isn’t a set theme for this Jam outside of the form, but I am going to update the page with some modifiers for people who find that kind of thing useful as a prompt.

I'm stoked. This will be my first event ever, so I'm also quiet a bit nervous. 

Submitted

I cannot wait until your submission comes out bmils001! 

LOL!!! Thanks brother. 

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks for the fun Jam ACGodliman!  bmils001 showed it to me and started talking about their submission that they wanted to do for it...  Then I had a thunk and submitted one as well!  Very neat concept, the Jam... not my postcard per se!

HostSubmitted(+1)

I’ve added some optional prompts and diversifiers to the jam page for anyone who finds that kind of thing useful!

Submitted

Good suggestion in the modifiers on low ink / low ink versions.  Reminded me to add one for my submission.

Submitted

It was indeed a good suggestion.

Mi-Jo-Games: It is interesting at how the visuals changed when you 1) inverted the colors and 2) made them grey-scale / B&W.  It isn;'t  a bad thing by any stretch!  Just interesting at the aesthetics change.  It is fun what our minds do with visual information, other than text that is.

Submitted

Yeah - the look went from "blueprints" to more "old plans".  

Submitted

I am new to itch jams, will there be ratings?

HostSubmitted

Not for this one no, I wanted to run a gentle jam, so a there’s a long deadline and no ranks.

Submitted

I see, maybe you as the jam organiser could pick a handful which are innovative / fit the theme best / were the most fun to play.
In any case I will participate.

Submitted

I've always thought game jams looked like so much fun, so I'm super excited to be taking part! I also love sending/getting mail, so I can't wait to send out a postcard game to friends around the world.

Submitted

When will there be the second edition? Let's create more :D

HostSubmitted

I was thinking a shorter one in August would be nice, (right in the mid of the summer holidays)