Jobs
Tags

I Wanna Hear About Your Concepts for This

A topic by lintilion created Aug 31, 2021 Views: 449 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 11
(+1)

What can I say! I just wanna hear 'em.

(7 edits) (+2)

A perma death roguelike -with some permeant upgrades and a perk system -- think hades. This is basically skeletal avenger 

1) A Randomized multifloor dungeon with boss at the end.

2) Upgrade system to keep the player hooked into the game

3) You gain crystals when you defeat a boss, you lose crystals when you die. All perks are lost when you die.

4)  It costs crystals to try to beat the more complex dungeons. If you run out of crystals you will have to go back to the low level system.

(+2)

A platformer with excruciatingly long and tedious levels that are mostly just tedious but occasionally very hard, and no checkpoints so if the gamer gets to one of the hard spots and dies they have to go through all of the easy tedious/boring bits again just to get back to it

Submitted(+2)

On my brain storming list for this jam is also a platformer which consists of only one 2h long autoscroll level

Submitted(+2)

I made a typing game a long time ago where you could type out public domain poetry and stories. I'm going to mod that so the only thing you can choose to type is entire chapters of James Joyce's Ulysses.

Submitted(+2)

Perhaps a real-time QTE experience that lasts like a day or something?

Host

Makes me think about how Kojima had wanted to make a sniper boss fight where it was it felt very real to the experience and lasted days

Submitted(+2)

I am making a life simulation where the player needs to gather all documents necessary to apply for a work permit. Documents need to be requested at different offices with different opening hours and each document has a certain processing time. The processing time and opening hours are in real time. Oh - and there is no saving. I estimate that it has a play time of around  168  hours - depending on what day of the week you start playing it. I cant wait to see the first speed runs.

Other Ideas I had: real time 24h of Le Mans Management game, 2h long autoscroll platformer, any game but with an unskippable hour long opening cinematic, an RPG where you have to do a few dozen fetch quests to start with just so you can afford your first basic weapon in the shop. I feel like my brain is fueled by spite and the passionate to torture gamers...

any game but with an unskippable hour long opening cinematic

Isn't that Metal Gear Solid IV?

Host (1 edit) (+1)

"So You've Inherited A Fantasy Town" will be an RPG for PC. You start having inherited a town with a dungeon at its center. Completing quests grant materials you can use to upgrade buildings and modify the dungeon, as well as sometimes granting access to more characters.

Characters have their own real-time schedules (time kept/referenced through the system clock), and building up your town is as important as building up your characters. Some characters are accessible to put into the party at any time, but others have a set schedule they refuse to adventure outside of.

Characters will also have their own relationships, the player will have to re-add party members after each quest, and characters will also take a fee from the quest reward. Half the time will be actually going through the dungeon at most. Much of the time will be spent upgrading building, purchasing items, and trying to build a party of characters that will actually be halfway decent for a quest.

I plan on making a roughly 3 hour long RPG, but its a plot/new game plus loop where the ending changes every time, around 25 times. And some endings can only be accomplished if you game over at the right time, or else it skips it, and you would have to loop all the way around again to get that ending in the endings order. And I want achievements attached to each ending. I know some completionists that would have their brain hemorrhage over such a system.

(+1)

I'm making a Zelda 1 type game that takes place in a 64x48 room world (Zelda 1 is 16x8).

Starting to get the basic systems down, here are some test rooms:

www.regnsloja.se/video/long_game_01.mp4

oh hello, I've played many of your games!

also, this one actually looks fantastic! would gladly play a grueling, lengthy adventure in such a world.

(+1)

oh, thank you ^^;

also, what about your own concept?

(1 edit)

It is called Falling Directly to Hell For Six Hours Straight, and I'm having a hard time making that concept fun. Right now it's kind of an Oregon Trail type thing, with various random events as you fall to hell

cool :D
i like the graphical style going on here

thank you!

Submitted

Trading ad infinum