Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

A Single Class!?

A topic by Sarrixx created Mar 27, 2019 Views: 269 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Jam HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Sweet Jesus prepare for some brutal coding, I feel sorry for the guy who has to check all the project folders and make sense of the code ;)

Question, what about classes within classes? ;) As in nested classes.

HostSubmitted

i can think of multiple ways to only use only one class, I'm considering derivatives/nest classes as another class so you're not allowed to use em

Jam HostSubmitted

Booooooooooooo >:(

HostSubmitted(+1)

For flexibility issues and clarify better, other classes are fine it just has to be all in the 1 monobehavior script

(+1)

More like "scrolling-through-a-single-.cs-file" jam :D

HostSubmitted

;) hell  yeah buddy

(+1)

I can't wait for this to start! I mean I am a total noob at C# and Unity, but this does sound like a fun challenge. :D 

HostSubmitted

That's the plan, its for fun and self learning, i might record my development to show others how i go about things

Okay! I'm still noob at C# too. All my knowledge about JavaScript on Unity. Maybe it's a way to learn it.

You can just have 1 game manager script handeling everything with the update method and then have multiple other classes for each object which references it from the one monobehaviour, needed to say: It will be hard to navigate through it.

HostSubmitted

Essentially yes, as long as your script is only 1 .cs file and everything in your gaming is being powered by that 1 file (excluding Unity's included scripts such as Rigidbody,  MeshCollider, etc), there will be lots of scrolling and this jam was (at first) a small joke i had with one of my lecturer's at the time. but as the intrest seemed to grow we are making this more of a real thing but also for laughs and testing our abilities.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me as i want to make sure everyone understands the rules so i can update the page with more understandable termanology

Submitted (1 edit)

As single monobehaviour class only, are nested customs classes and structs allow? As long as they are not monobehaviour right? 

I don't fully understand: the limit is "only one monobehaviour class in only one .cs file" or "only one .cs file"? 

thanks

Jam HostSubmitted

@MiguelObando & @roadtonogames as long as everything is within 1 .cs file you are free to write however you please.

Submitted(+1)

Any number of anything as long everything is on same file, thanks