I've been taking a couple of courses on Unity, mostly about platformers, and figured it's time to create a game from scratch to get practice with the things I've been learning. My goal is to make a simple 5-level platformer that uses basic Unity features.
Working with the "water" theme, I'm going with the idea of racing across a desert landscape. The player has got to reach the next oasis before he/she dies of dehydration. The last level will (hopefully) include some sort of boss challenge.
I'll use a simple public Trello board for keeping track of tasks and progress:
Oasis Racer Kanban
- I'm hoping to draw pixel art with Aseprite, and create all the assets except for sounds.
- Possible obstacles: Cacti, Fire, Quicksand
- Possible enemies: Vultures, (some other desert animal, for some reason I'm stuck on Kangaroos)
- Maybe I'll add one new obstacle/enemy per level
- I'd like to add a health bar, filled with water, that decreases with time (representing dehydration). I've got no idea how to do this in Unity, but how hard can it be?