Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

i'm new and don't really know what i'm doing.

A topic by young_coder14 created Aug 24, 2019 Views: 845 Replies: 22
Viewing posts 1 to 19

so I watched software developers and got interested. i started yesterday, I quickly crunched together the fundimentals. im still bad(to be expected). any tips that u may provide will help. tnx :)

ps. I have little bit of c# knowlage from before hand. aggain tnx.

Submitted

don't worry man, i'm a beginner too. good luck! :)

Thanks. and same

Submitted

Beginner here too. Don't worry just try your best.

thank

Submitted

Just try to make something really simple that you know you have the ability and time to do

thanks. all tho i started so recently that i don't know my capabilities.

Submitted

I would say:

• Start small. Do not make huge plans but do small features and finish them, then expand your vision.
  • Anytime you're stuck, check those awesome videos on the web to see how people are doing - our hosts are having a lot of very good content about that.
  • Read the doc! If you're using Unity, their doc is very insightful.

Hope it helps :p

thanks! u provided me with ways to deal and think of my project.

greatly appricieted

same

Submitted

I'm a total beginner and have no idea how or what I'm going to make. I hope to have fun and that's all that matters really. 馃榿

man can we be a team

sorry for the late reply and i alredy have  a teammate. but thanks for the offer

(1 edit)

Best thing to do is to focus on the core fundamentals, and have a plan, but don't plan anything too big and overwhelming. Having something working perfectly is always refreshing, and gives you energy to add to it. This is something that almost everybody has done before, and it sucks when you realize that you're only half done with the big project. Good luck, and especially have a great time.

Submitted

Stay simple (Don't try to have too much ideas) - Never give up - This is your first one, even if this is a bit too simple, that's okay, that's your first one ! :D

BTW, that's my first Game Jam too, good luck and have fun everyone ! :)

I'm also new here. Do your best.

im new too, good luck.

Beginner here too!! I just started learning godot 2 days ago and i am still a bit new! Good luck :D

Me too I really need help to understand something I just downloaded Unity last day so I don麓t understand enythin

Submitted

Same here
Good luck mate

Same, i'm here new too

Good luck ya'll !!

Hey, haven't really started yet, but also a beginner. My advice would be maybe try to watch some youtube videos (it's what I'd do) for things that you may want to improve or don't know what to do.

Also, wanting to take advantage of the situation here. Is it ok to submit unfinished work? Or if I don't finish it but still want to submit it completed, would it be ok to do it after the jam? This is both my first time making a game as well as my first jam.

A beginer too