Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What Game Engine are y'all using?

A topic by SharpSpark1000 created Nov 18, 2022 Views: 841 Replies: 28
Viewing posts 1 to 31

So what game engine are you guys using for this jam, im using Gdevelop since i don't think ill need to do a lot of coding since there is only so much you can do with one button.

I'm using Unity because it is my fav engine.

Submitted

My team and I use Godot, it鈥檚 new experience for us, so we鈥檙e happy to learn something new!

(1 edit)

I'm using Godot cos I'm new to it and I need some practice, but I'd say most engines would work fine for this kind of prompt

Submitted

SCRATCH!

Submitted

I'm trying out libGDX

Submitted

Using Pygame with PygBag to export it as a web playable game!

Submitted

I used Godot too. I guess I'll stick with it for a while too.

Submitted

Godot for me

Scratch, I'm too lazy to write code and scratch is good enough for the game I'm making

Submitted

Godot 3.5: My first jam, my first game (if you don't count countless unfinished web based games in the last 12 years :D)

Submitted

Godot. Been using Unity for many years but this year switched to Godot and I love it.

Using PICO-8.  Just got it this week (LUA is new to me too) and this is my first jam.  I'm used to retro BASIC and 6502 Assembler. 

i'm using an engine called flowlab because it lets you make games pretty fast

Submitted

godot

Propably no engine at all n just sdl2 and c++ :D

Submitted

Godot, tired of waiting for unity and trying to learn godot.

Submitted

Armory 3D

Submitted

Gdevelop 馃榾

(2 edits)

Tic-80
Game Maker Studio
Unity :'D
and Godot sometimes

Submitted

Team Construct here, I love its workflow, perfect for quick jams

Pygame

Submitted

This is my first jam, and I used Unity to practice and learn new things about it

Submitted

I鈥檓 using Love2d (Lua)

godot 3.5

Submitted

unreal engine 5. Because why not go way overkill for a tiny pixel art game. 

don't judge but.. um... Scratch T_T

Submitted

Godot 3.5! All the source code is on GitHub, but after seeing the release notes for Godot 4 Beta 6, I think I'm gonna finally migrate to Godot 4 now. I wouldn't be able to game jam as efficiently as I have been if I were still using Unity, so if anyone reading this thread isn't sure what engine they should try out next, I strongly recommend Godot!

Submitted

I used Godot, it's become my main engine in the past few years. I've noticed the node system helped me a lot with the quick prototyping needed for a game jam.